HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY

2.4

Industrial Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

HR emailed me for in person interview. The manager interviewing me was 15 mins late. She asked one question and that was it. It was a waste of time. Rude. Unprofessional.

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in September-2015.

Interview

I was very impressed with the interview process. It was honest and relaxed. I was encouraged to discuss both my personal and professional life. Follow up communication was amazing.

Interview Questions

• I was encouraged to speak about what I do on my weekends.   Answer Question

HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Response

14 Oct, 2015 – HR Generalist

Glad to hear that you had a good experience! Hope you are settling in well :)

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in February-2017.

Interview

Had 2 interviews, although technically it was broken into 3 parts.

First interview-with the person I was replacing (they were moving into a different role).
    They asked me a few questions about my previous roles, told me a bit about the job and we chatted for a bit.

At this point, instead of ending the interview I was brought over to the Director of my department (I am assuming because the first part went well).

Second Interview - with Director
    More technical questions about reporting/systems I was familiar with, what sort of team I managed previously and some general chit chat.

Third Interview - with 3 people from the team I would manage
    This was interesting and unlike any other interview I have had. It was cool to be interviewed by members of the team you would be managing. It gave me a really good idea of the culture and types of people I would be working with. It also showed that the company cared about all levels of employee input.

Interview Questions

• What size of team did you manage previously?
      What software are you familiar with?
      What type of reporting did you do?
      What makes a good manager?   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in June-2013.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed, I was contacted by the hiring manager and invited in for an interview. We reviewed my portfolio, chatted about experience, the manager was very interested in my travels and passions out side of design, which was kinda cool. Overall, it was a non-stressful process. I was told that they were interviewing one other person for the role and I would find out my the end of the week if I got the job or not. The transparency was nice. I ended up being offered the job, then did a quick interview with the two owners, then started working a couple days later.

This whole process was about 5 years ago, 2012 I believe, so the process may be different now that they have a built out HR team.

Online Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in August-2014.

Interview

The interview was that there was no interview. Got a "what's up, what've you been working on?" followed by a half-hearted tour of the office, and that they would follow up with an email. The email asked for a brand challenge composed of three parts, generating content ideas and execution strategy. From initial interview until I heard back, was one month process.

Interview Questions

• As mentioned, there was no interview. The email asked for a brand challenge composed of three parts, generating content ideas and execution strategy. From initial interview until I heard back, was one month process.   Answer Question

CS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Great and casual interview. They can entice you working for them as they have great HR staff. Three interviews max but they do not even check your abilities to ensure you are the good fit for the job. Again, it is all about looks

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in December-2017.

Interview

I applied for the role and was selected for a telephone interview. Had the interview which lasted about 1 hour . Interview seemed to go pretty well – seemed excited by my experience and eager for me to let them know if I had something else happening opportunity wise. Also explained the process around next steps. All sounded good and process seemed really professional. Was told I'd get an update within a week.

However, 5 weeks passed and I had no communication or follow up.

I sent two emails , and left a voicemail with HR requesting an update and received no response to any of them. All were ignored.

In the end I finally received an email thanking me for coming in ( I had a telephone interview) - and they have moved forward with another candidate.

No issues with not being selected - accept there may have been more suitable candidates - but ignoring emails and not following up when you say you will leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Every candidate is a potential customer - (or even a current customer.)...

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY in January-2017.

Interview

HR reached out for an initial screening call. Had a 20 min conversation and was told the hiring manager was on vacation so I might not hear back until the end of the week or early the following week.... that was 6 weeks ago. A couple follow up emails and a phone call later I don't care anymore. Radio silence = Terrible candidate experience.

Special Events & Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in September-2017.

Interview

I got an interview through connections and first meeting was quite casual, and then I had a meeting with event event and program supervisor. I thought everything was going great, I sent a follow up email after each meeting, and after the second meeting I never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• They didn't give me a specific job description.   1 Answer

Key Accounts Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY (Vancouver, BC) in March-2017.

Interview

Informal and very friendly. Made to feel immediately at ease and both interviewers were very engaging and friendly. We ran through my experience, a standard working day and where I saw my experience fitting into the role offered. They described a working day and what the company is like to work for. All very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What I liked and didn't like about one of my previous jobs.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.