HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2021

3.4
HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY Managing Directors Lyndon & Jamie Cormack
Lyndon & Jamie Cormack
Pros
  • "Great people to work with, fast paced, flexible(in 9 reviews)

• "Good brand to have on your resume, relaxed culture, good work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "lack of structure and processes - this will be important to focus on as the company continues to grow(in 2 reviews)

• "They reject new ideas, structure and will make you feel stupid for suggesting anything new that is inline with industry standards(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "A great company and team"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY part-time for more than a year

Pros

As a young company, they are always striving to grow and develop their teams. I found myself able to connect with people from all parts of the company, which is great for understanding how the products and everything works.

Cons

Not much to complain about. My team has changed over the year and a half I've worked there, and it would be nice to have everyone trained the same.

2. "Would Not Recommend"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Product Designer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Product perks (get discount on product) - People are fun for the most part - Large events with a party heavy atmosphere (could be considered a con as well...)

Cons

- Terrible management (with huge egos) - "Boys club" with no desire for outside opinion - Unbalanced workload (some people work 16 hr days and other 6hrs...) - Good luck getting a promotion that actually has value (both in responsibility and pay)

Continue reading

"Sales first, product second, people third."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of young talent, great office design, a decent amount of perks during holiday times.

Cons

Not much upward movement or succession training, hard to navigate office politics, junior management without strong leadership

"Good People"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, fast paced, flexible.

Cons

Little growth opportunities or development support, unorganized management and leadership

"Great Place to work at"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, amazing health benefits, laid back work culture

Cons

Not a lot of pay, not much progress in It

6. "Hard to imagine working anywhere else"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

- The company culture is amazing. I can only speak to my experience, but both my department and teams outside of my own were extremely welcoming and helpful from the very beginning. - Herschel cultivates an extremely collaborative environment. You're given a seat at the table, so to speak, and have an ability to effect change at the company. - You can feel the passion from the founders of the business and you'll find them walking around the office, sitting in on meetings, and greeting you as they pass by. They're personable and easy to approach. - There is a high-calibre talent at head office across all departments. Many employees possess a wealth of knowledge and experience from other top tier firms and global companies, At the same time, no one takes themselves too seriously. - Comprehensive health insurance plan - Friday afternoon drinks at the office

Cons

- Although the Herschel brand is renowned and far-reaching, teams are probably much leaner than most people expect—sometimes there is a lack of structure. - Remuneration could be more competitive and salary increases and promotions are inconsistent and often delayed. - There needs to be a healthier and stronger HR presence. - Lack of employee parking spots—If you drive to work, you either have to get to the office extremely early to snag one or be forced to pay unless you want to try to find a free parking spot and move your car every hour.

7. COVID-19

"Avoid - Toxic"

1.0

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few people here are amazing. They sadly are very few and far between. The marketing team are solid and look out for each other, it’s sad that they have to.

Cons

- Sexism and Bullying, I was the third person in my role in a year. - Boys club - confident woman? You’ll be ostracized. When I confronted the issues with those involved I was essentially told I totally misunderstood what happened, gaslighting in a professional environment. - There are people here who think they are vastly experienced/talented and have little to no experience outside the company. They reject new ideas, structure and will make you feel stupid for suggesting anything new that is inline with industry standards. This is due to them not knowing any of them. I’ve never worked at such an awful company. They will bully you, undermine you, tell you you’re wrong and that you don’t understand “the Herschel way” until you are broken down and miserable. Then there were lay offs due to covid and surprisingly the boys club was fine and I felt genuine relief at not having to work there anymore.

"Poor Expirience"

Former Employee - Title

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

A few gems that make the days worth it. Some really great people work at this company.

Cons

Drama, drama and more drama. Too many egos. Not enough collaboration. Unhealthy work environment. Gossip worse than high school.

9. COVID-19

"Herschel just cut all employees pay by 20% due to COVID"

2.0

I have been working at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Some fun product perks and social days

Cons

Some people work too hard, others do very little

Continue reading
  10. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - British Columbia in Vancouver, BC

I worked at HERSCHEL SUPPLY COMPANY full-time

Pros

Culture, work life balance, the people

Cons

Disorganization, lack of clarity and communication

Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 English Reviews