GE Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

GE Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

company can have aspects of cultural nepotism, sometimes language can be a barrier, late nights for calls are often the challenge company, have resources, global in reach, good coworkers, allow for autonomy, and support of remotely working. Can be a long term employer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Introduced the company and what my role will be focusing on. Go through several projects, ask about skills. Ask how I approach several problems. Then gave me the opportunity to ask my questions for them.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Submitted resume online and was called for a phone interview a week later. The phone interview was conducted by a recruiter who later setup on onsite interview with the hiring team.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Wilmington, NC (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone screen setup two days later. Asked behavioral questions. Setup a second phone screen a week later with lead engineers of the group. Asked 1 or 2 technical questions but mainly behavioral questions. A week later was invited out to meet the team in person. 3 weeks later received an offer. Very relaxed and laid back interviews, not a lot of technical questions. Interviewers were really nice and asked clear questions. Interviewers also asked questions that only pertained to the job description, which the job description was definitely specific in every aspect.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you failed, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Dublin, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Straight forward with expected behavioral questions. Was ask for 4 questions. 2 were common and 2 were related to the job. The interview was held by two individuals, hiring manager and the person in charge of the department I was applying.

Engineering Interview

Interview

Early morning interview where the interviewer was cold and sort of unable to hold a conversation. This made the interview difficult because it was one hundred percent behavioral. I was not expecting a behavioral interview with an antisocial interviewer.

Interview Questions

• They asked zero questions, they just wanted to talk for half an hour which threw me off.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Dayton, OH (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief, non-specific industry questions that worked to get an understanding of your personality and not your actual working knowledge. I think that aggressivity is very common for recruiters that does not give good headway for working there.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses? How are you fixing your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA (US)).

Interview

called out for phone. it was a chit chat with the recruiter

after was a phone screening with an engineer. asked general questions about concepts

after i cleared that i went to onsite.
    straightforward whiteboard and behavioral questions.
    interviewers were more interested in my thought process than my answer.
    the behavioral was more to gauge my interest in the product.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview followed by virtual video interview. this was the first time I experienced this type of interviewing. given a choice I would do it again as long as I knew enough about the place a priori.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

brief, hired immediately with no questions asked. be advised that the portal to submit your resume is riddled with bugs and is almost unusable. make sure to have a stable internet connection because its bound to reset itself 100 time

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.