Framestore Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Framestore

2.5

Coordonnateur de projet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Framestore (Montreal, QC) in January 2017.

Interview

Rencontre avec la personne de recrutement et le head of production. Très ouverts à m’écouter et intéressés par mon expérience passées ainsi que par mes aspirations professionnelles. Ambiance agréable et sympathique.

Interview Questions

• Quel est mon cheminement pour travailler aujourd’hui dans l’industrie des effets visuels.   1 Answer

Généraliste 3D Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Framestore (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Question basique, bande démo puis l’on converse autour de ce dernier sur ce que nous nous désirons puis s’en suit encore d’autre question questionnant l’es compétence acquise sur différent logiciel où les connaissances sont demandés comme houdini ou autre

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through the website, they called you after a week. There will be a supervisor, hr, and one employee to review you. Ask you all the professional questions, and ask you about your portfolio.

3D Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

They asked me to talk about My past experiences and what kind of software I use. They talked about the current projects and how they the company tend to do things

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable learning new software?   1 Answer

Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Framestore (Culver City, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

several leads and supervisors, then probationary period considering work done. reviews and feedback from leads. do one project and would bring you on for another and so forth

Interview Questions

• what is your experience , what were the challenges, what is orginal about you as an artist   Answer Question

FX Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

It was a very professional environment, the interviewer is intense but friendly, we talked about a lot of different things on the top of the building, the view is nice and he showed me around the studio.

Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

Met with Head of Production first then the President of the company, very informal.

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Video interview, pretty standard. Everything was pretty laid back, they just asked questions about my previous experiences. I was approached by the recruiter which is how I got the lead. The time from the first email, to interview, to job acceptance was about 2 weeks total as an ongoing conversation.

Interview Questions

• Questions like what are my hobbies, past experiences with compositing, etc. They do a couple little "test questions" in my opinion to see if you really know what you are talking about (as any smart employer should).   Answer Question

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Framestore (Orland Park, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

This was for their new Chicago branch. As I came in their was a friendly intern offering a drink while some angry woman (manager) seem to be barking down on everyone including him. She was also angry that security wasn't set up yet. Their was a sort of exhaustive jadedness in the seasoned employees. I met with the lead compositor/supervisor and the woman that setup the interview. He was a nice guy but seems real jaded. I mentioned to him that I was building a website for education (and that I also taught as a full time teacher one of his former employees, one of which was now a senior compositor at ILM). The interesting reality was he looked at his partner and said in an exhausted jaded tone: "yeah well, that's the only real way to make money in this industry really is education". This stunned me. In that one sentence I felt a lifetime of hardship/long hours/ and jadedness come pouring out of this Guy. And ironically he was so right, I'm now making more money then ever on online education running my own business and without dealing with the headaches of the clients/schedules this guy had dealt with over the years. Regardless they were as professional as can be and mentioned the studio would be kept small for now in staff size. I quickly was given a hold and told to be ready in 2 months for a big gig. It wasn't until a few days before the job started that I figured I'd call them and ask what was going on. I was given a "oh sorry, forgot to mention, the job was cancelled, moved to LA and New York Office". I was heartbroken. Professionally being Framestore you'd think they'd remember to say something or email. For two months I looked forward to the job, honing my skills by going ballistic on FXPHD. I wanted to impress and do a great job. I worked Night and day with growing joy and enthusiasm. In the end it was a horrible experience but I kept at my online training and now am making more money and getting notoriety through my site then ever before.

Interview Questions

• How long did it take you to do this shot?   1 Answer
    • Would you be ok with being put under myself as a mentor?   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Framestore (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interviewed for the receptionist position. A few days after I applied I got an email asking me to come in. The interview was laid back, he barely asked me any questions and it was super short, 25 minutes max. I was also told that this wasn't a true receptionist position, but also I would be expected to work as a runner if one of them was out sick, and that if I did my hours would change completely. They told I'd hear from them regardless of the decision, as I was checking indeed, I saw the exact same job posted by them the day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• what position do you see yourself in at framestore 5 years from now?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.