FortisBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

FortisBC Interview Questions

Interviews at FortisBC

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

Straight forward. HR Phone interview followed by department supervisors interview. Most of the questions are behavioral based. Both interviewers were very nice and friendly. Prepared examples in the past for their questions. At the end, HR might send you a reference list to fill. After the reference process, they will send you the offer.

Integrity Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC) in August 2019.

Interview

Face to face talking style.
    They asked a bunch of behavioral questions that helped them figure out my emphasis on safety and teamwork.
    I answered using experience from my previous Co-op, whether good or bad, but was able to highlight how I had learnt from it and how I look forward to being on the team at Fortis

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. Phone call lasted about one hour, all mostly behavioral questions with one technical question describing the power generation cycle down to distribution level.

Interview Questions

• As and engineer how do you view safety?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

I applied internally as I was currently working on a different FortisBC co-op position before that. It was a 1 hour long interview consisting of personal/behavior based questions. It consisted of an HR rep, Sr. ELectrical Engineer (Direct Supervisor), and Team manager (on phone).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you took initiate to get a task done that was noteworthy?   1 Answer

Integrity Engineer Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online through their website and got a call inviting me for an interview. I live in another province so it was scheduled to be a phone interview. Interview was around 40 mins with an HR representative and Engineering Manager. Was told they would be making decisions within a week but took them 1.5 weeks to inform me I was not selected.

EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC) in February 2019.

Interview

Was hired internally, so process wasn't too bad. If applying externally, phone plus in person plus presentation may be required. They only hire 1 per year so it is very competitive

Co-Op Information Systems Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC) in November 2018.

Interview

After resume screening, one interview to scheduled. In the interview, three people were there, one was hr, two others were manager and team lead for the team I later joined.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions from past experience or school environment   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC (Surrey, BC) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview was fine. A little intense, with many situational questions asked, so answers were very much on the fly. I might have found the experience enjoyable, had they provided any feedback at all as to how my interview went. I sent one follow up email a week after which was completely ignored. Then I asked for feedback on the interview after another week. Again completely ignored. Extremely poor PR.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC in February 2018.

Interview

Hr interview followed by phone interview , they then flew me too interview in person. Overall they have a confusion on what a contract is compare to a term employee.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really hard on interview but wih the offer they will try to low ball you as in there union agreement they pick the lowest rate possible so you need to negoitate   Answer Question

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at FortisBC.

Interview

Started with a phone screening interview (~20 minutes) that went over my resume. Then I was called back for an in-person interview. After the in-person interview, I was called in to do a presentation as the final step. The HR folks were very nice and provided with me with a timeline for when I would hear back. I appreciated the tone of the interview and that I wasn't asked for things like my salary expectations. The interview was focused on who I was and what I knew for the position. I felt very fairly treated,

Interview Questions

• Standard suite situational questions about teamwork, dealing with difficult people, etc.   1 Answer
    • Questions about my experience with relevant technical skills.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this job and what do you see yourself doing in the first 3, 6, and 12 months?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.