Evertz Microsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Evertz Microsystems Interview Questions

Interviews at Evertz Microsystems

2.9

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face interview..just basic electronic questions. Linux questions and some IP protocol. Nothing so detailed. It is a very easy interview. Should not be hard in any way

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems in December 2017.

Interview

1. A simple 30min interview going over my resume and who I am (personality test)
    2. Technical based interview going over industry standards, audio/video, servers, and terminal commands.
    3. Technical based interview going over Mac/Windows/Linux hardware/software and how those differ when in a VLAN/Subnet and how to use terminal commands on each.
    4. Somewhat technical based, went over what the job is like and what I would be doing if hired then I would be given a scenario and tell the interviewer how I would handle the situation concerning both the customer and the hardware/software implementation.
    5. The final technical based interview where they asked some tough questions that I only knew 80% of but showed a passion to learn everything that I didn't already know.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect two computers together so that they can communicate with each other?   Answer Question
    • Hardest project you've ever worked on and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation, and how satisfied was the customer when they left?   Answer Question
    • What terminal/command-prompt command would you type to check the network status? (as in, to check if you are connected to the internet)   1 Answer
    • What terminal/command-prompt command would you type to check the IP-address and subnet mask of the computer you're on?   2 Answers
    • What networking experience do you have and are you familiar with the video/audio standards in the industry?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your best skill that would make you an asset in this company?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with face-to-face customer service, and if so, have you been in a situation where you couldn't help a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does ATSC stand for?   1 Answer
    • What is a VLAN? What is a Subnet? How would you set them up? How would you set both up on one network? What is the difference between them?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under pressure? And how well do you work in a team-based work environment?   Answer Question

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burbank, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, set up telephone interview with HR, second interview with operation manager. basic questions with HR mostly about the job description. Then set up interview with the manager, the interview took quite sometime ask about technical knowledge, encoding decoding, video format and conversion, example of encoding/decoding. Prepare of the question on the IP, such as what is gateway, explain the IP configuration for the second interview about technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• do you read or create system and electrical diagram?
      Do you use Linux?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative over the phone which lasted approx. 25 minutes. From there we were supposed to schedule a Skype interview with a manager from the department I would be working in. That person was traveling a lot and conflicted with my schedule. The appointment was pushed back 3 or 4 times before it fell through and never followed up.

Interview Questions

• The hardest project I had work on.
      Things that project taught me.
      What my salary was at my current job and what I expected to make at a new job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burbank, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

called local office to enquire about opennings. takled to sales manager. Recieved call back from HR/Canada, then Phone interview by HR. Follow-up was a second techincal phone interview by hiring manager. It was primarily a Q&A session. focused on broacast video technology and on IP networking questions.

Interview Questions

• brodcast video standards and technology questions: nature of HD vs SD, define reference, SMPTE standards, etc. Technical questions about IP netmask calculations. Interview was fairly technical.   1 Answer

Interview

it's good and kind and comfortable for me. Because it is co-op job, we started this co op with 5-8 people together. And we can share some ideas and so on. In summary, HR and interviewer was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Toronto, ON) in April 2016.

Interview

step1: HR phone interview… just some behavior questions,then I was noticed to an onsite interview. Step2: 3 rounds onsite interview All about technical questions (2hours). After 5 days HR girl emails me to notice I would have an offer.

Interview Questions

• all about java and sql basic questions… not difficult……   Answer Question

location is a big problem… I accept another offer…

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through their website career page. Process took 4 week. First I attend telephonic HR interview. Then they call me for Face to face technical interview in burlington. It was 3.5 hour long technical interview.

Interview Questions

• What is anonymous class and how to implement thread using that   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON) in August 2017.

Interview

They have a 3-stage interview. Two of them thoroughly asked questions to analyze your technical skills. One of the interviewers seemed to be forced into doing their job, and didn't really know how to lead the way and to ask technical questions.

They didn't know which position you had applied for.

They turned out to have no/little respect for persons with non-visible disabilities. They humiliate you over your failed grades and poor performance, as a result of your condition.

Interview Questions

• What are your short-term and long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an index and a primary key?   Answer Question

Java Developer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview took process two hours. The first one and half hour is asking about technical question about JAVA, the manager would ask you to write down code and debug code. The second hour is asking some behaviour questions, which was taken by different manager. They were both nice. I did not do well on my technical questions since I did not prepare for it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.