Eventbase Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Eventbase

2.7

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Phone screening -> face to face interview -> 2-nd face to face interview -> maybe offer?
    Director of people (Sarah) - she is a very nice person.
    Managing team is also very intelligent.
    Low-level employees are scared that you will move them, so if you are overqualified or feel super confident about your experience, so, my suggestion then - you shouldn't show your confidence to lower-level employees during an interview, because u might scare them ;-)

Associate Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbase.

Interview

Applied online, first call with HR was easy and interviewer was friendly. Second in-person interview, bit more of a grilling session. Regular Q&A, strengths, weaknesses etc. Third interview was fantastic. With Senior Lead, questions were different and more situation-oriented than just basic Q's. Everyone was really friendly.

Producer/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in November 2019.

Interview

Despite not receiving an offer I had a very positive interview experience with Eventbase. I had a phone interview with the HR Manager who was very friendly, asked lots of relevant questions and then offered some very helpful advice at the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you managed any technical projects e.g. building an app?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in October 2019.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with a very friendly and welcoming HR person. The in-person interview the next week was completely different. The two interviewers were cold and didn't seem interested almost right away. One interviewers line of questioning was very broad (eg: "how many years experience do you have?") and the other interview had very specific questions about project management style. Upon completion, one interviewer said goodbye really quickly without shaking my hand and called me the wrong name. Made me feel very unwelcome.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with young people?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

A phone screen followed by an in-person interview that I was told would not be technical, which was technical. General OOP questions and three whiteboarding questions, one of which involved writing a SQL query. Not what I was told to expect.

After that, I was told the interview process was over and I would just hear back with a decision. Until I got an email asking me to complete a PHP coding assessment where I was asked to write a PHP app to manipulate JSON data. Again, totally out of left field, especially since they knew I had no PHP experience and told me I could just learn on the job. Poor communication by HR and the team.

Then, they called me in to "meet the team". When I arrived, it turned out to be another interview where the manager went through a list of behavioural and situational questions. The email about the meeting was very misleading about the nature of the interview.

Finally, I got an offer which is significantly lower than market rate. When I tried to negotiate, they said salary is non-negotiable and offered nothing else to try to bridge the gap. They also told me overtime would be paid with time off in lieu but refused to include it in the contract.

They only gave me two business days to review the offer and give them a response. They also wanted me to start almost immediately, within 5 calendar days of me seeing the offer. I managed to get the start date pushed, but they were reluctant to. Meanwhile, their contract required me to give them 4 weeks notice if I wanted to quit. I rejected the offer.

The whole process took about 3.5 weeks.

Overall, incredibly unprofessional with poor communication. The emails often had typos and weren't always polite, not to mention incredibly misleading and downright inaccurate in some cases with regards to the hiring process. I got the impression that this company preys on people who are inexperienced and don't know any better when it comes to a healthy work environment or fair compensation. Avoid.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string, fizzbuzz, write a SQL query to join two tables   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in June 2019.

Interview

- 30 minute phone interview to get to know me and my background
    - 1 hour in person interview with design team

Overall everyone I spoke with was super friendly and made it a good interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where a client didn't like the final product, what did you do in this situation?   Answer Question

- Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in April 2019.

Interview

I had a great experience from application through to prompt follow-ups, detailed preparation notes sent over ahead of each interview, to the office tour and conversations themselves.

Everything and everyone was refreshing, prompt, and thorough. I was given plenty of time in each conversation to ask questions (which has been very rare in my interview experience - teams often spend hours drilling you without realizing it's a two way street of mutual fit!). The entire process I felt like I was already part of the team. I was asked questions that allowed me to open up about my journey and impact in my own words. I never felt that they were "setting me up for failure" by asking questions that would have "wrong answers". If I didn't quite answer a question, I was not wrote off but instead it was a continuous dialogue to continue going deeper. I really appreciated this approach as far too often hiring teams dismiss great candidates who might not quite pick up on what the question is looking to address when first asked. It shows the team at Eventbase is dedicated to a more inclusive interview practice to value candidates' experiences, not judge them.

I'm really excited to join the team! There's been some recent salty Glassdoor reviews, but it didn't turn me off at all. It's up to everyone uniquely to make the experience their own and so far, mine has a been a GREAT experience. The people that work there are dedicated individuals who create safe environments.

I wanted to ensure I added my positive review because there are great people working there and they are attracting a lot of awesome talent in the city. My interview process was very refreshing compared to the grilling process at many other companies in the city where teams seem to be more about the melting pot approach and attracting only like-minded folks compared to truly valuing diversity of experience.

The direction the team is heading, recent leadership hires Eventbase has made, and their candour and transparent interview process make me confident I'm joining a great team making great changes to spearhead growth in their next chapter. Can't wait to make my mark!!

Interview Questions

• Share more about your journey so far and how you ended up here at Eventbase.   1 Answer

UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbase.

Interview

Applied online and was given an email back, which led to setting up a phone interview with HR. Roughly 30 minutes long. Interviewer gave a rough outline of what was going to happen, asked a few questions and then allowed me to ask some

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my process and about situations where I took the lead. They also ask about CSS and html experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in August 2018.

Interview

- Average interview with background and skills check.
    - Explained the steps of the interview before it started
    - Asked to tell a little bit about myself
    - Asked about past work experience and duties
    - What did I know about the company
    - What softawes/tools I use
    - Asked if I had any question
    - The interviewer was very nice and polite

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eventbase (Vancouver, BC) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied for QA position had initial screening on phone and was invited for in person interview. Interview seemed vague with no clear idea for what tester they were looking for (front-end, UAT or API testing). Later they replied saying not selected asked them for feedback and the HR replied saying they needed mobile automation candidate, strangely no mention about it in the job description. Later got the reply saying it was not mobile automation but knowledge of mobile testing and strangely there was not a single question about mobile testing in interview :) Serious waste of time

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.