Cover image for Eventbase

68% Recommend to a Friend
82% Approve of CEO

Found 52 of over 53 reviews

3.6
Eventbase Co-Founder Jeff Sinclair (no image)
Jeff Sinclair

77 Comments

Tech

559.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Eventbase~758643
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Eventbase? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Eventbase employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Flexible and Supportive Tech Company

Jan. 18, 2023 - Delivery Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Team support. Lots of documentation for tasks and responsibilities. -Great work perks. Robust benefits package, remote office budget (yearly), flexible work weeks with every other Friday off....etc. -Lots of flexibility in your work day. Team is very supportive of work/life balance. -Opportunity to grow within the company. -Product is world class and really fun to learn about and deliver to clients

Cons

-Compensation is a little below market value. Not a huge deal as there are lots of other perks and opportunity to grow. -No formal bonus structure or RRSP matching. For the bonus structure, company is still recovering from pandemic (no events, so no need for event app). Have heard conversations about bonus structure being introduced in the next coming years. -Company is very pragmatic about hiring, so there is greater job security. The down side is that there is quite a huge workload for the teams and folks who don't like to be busy all the time will struggle.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting work but disappointing management

Jan. 30, 2023 - Associate Producer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities to work with exciting clients Opportunities to travel

Cons

Management has blind spots for middle managers and let them get away with toxic behavior. You are treated very poorly if you are an Associate or Jr.

3. Join the Eventbase team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee

pretty good..

Sep. 7, 2022 - Technical Product Specialist in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and friendly communtiy

Cons

Disorganized and no systems in place for scalability

People Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm glad you're happy with the benefits here, and are enjoying working with our Eventbasers. Please do let me know any feedback you have on how we can improve our systems or processes, or let us know in the engagement survey that was sent out this month! Alanna

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very nice perks and a good working environment

Aug. 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free travel - Every other Friday off - Compensation

Cons

- A bit on the low side in terms of salary but still good

People Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review! We're so happy that you've had a chance to travel to events and see our app live in action. One of our goals is to send each Eventbaser to at least one event per year, and we're glad you've been a part of that. I also love having every other Friday off, 26 extra long weekends per year is so nice. Feel free to reach out to me any time if you have feedback to share! - Alanna

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away

Jul. 21, 2022 - App Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing really to speak of.

Cons

Unstable and no job security of any sort.

People Manager

We have never had a part-time employee, nor had an app developer voluntarily leave Eventbase that has been with us for less than one year, so we're quite surprised to see this review. We have great perks about working at Eventbase that our team loves such as every second Friday off, working remotely, a work from home allowance, and a flexible spending account. While 2020 was a difficult year being in the events industry, since 2021 we have grown our team and revenue back to pre-pandemic levels and are continuing to grow at a comfortable pace. We need each and every one of our Eventbasers to help bring people together for the magic of live events.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great workplace with full-remote

May 10, 2022 - QA Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Option to work full-remote, great colleagues and strong team play, good work-life balance. Honest leadership.

Cons

Direction within company is changing quite often, which makes sense with industry changes in past couple years, relates to trying new concepts and challenging a whole team

1 person found this review helpful

People Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad you enjoy our remote-first approach to work, and working with your team. We were really focused on ensuring Eventbasers had a great work-life balance when we implemented our 9-day fortnight and 4-day work week scheduling opportunities. We hope you've been enjoying your extra Friday's off!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place, People, and Vibes

Jul. 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

For both junior and senior employees, Eventbase is an amazing place to grow your skills and have the opportunity to make a difference and develop a voice and authority. Everyone really cares about the product, projects and team members and want to see all 3 do well.

Cons

COVID has been tough with the quantity of events, however as things open back up this seems to be less and less of an issue.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan. 26, 2021 - Android Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Challenging environment Great people Opportunity to travel and work for big companies Amazing leadership

Cons

Covid hit it hard and the company is struggling

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great product to work on!

Jan. 19, 2021 - Producer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful group of smart, hardworking people that are passionate about event technology. The option to travel to events around the world (pre COVID-19). As a producer managing larger products it's great to gave associate producers working closely with you. Awesome client list!

Cons

Everyone is too busy, overloaded with projects and not enough resources to go around. A lot of time is spent in internal meetings and it can be hard to get access to the sales team due to this.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee

Unpaid technical debt

Jan. 21, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people and nice coffee

Cons

Unpaid technical debt does not go away, in this case - it's past due.

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 Reviews
</>Embed

Eventbase Reviews FAQs

Eventbase has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 53 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Eventbase to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Eventbase employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Eventbase. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

68% of Eventbase employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Eventbase 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Eventbase Job Seekers