Eventbase Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2021

Found 47 of over 48 reviews

3.5
Eventbase Co-Founder Jeff Sinclair (no image)
Jeff Sinclair

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on

Tech

106.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Eventbase~758643
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place, People, and Vibes

Jul 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

For both junior and senior employees, Eventbase is an amazing place to grow your skills and have the opportunity to make a difference and develop a voice and authority. Everyone really cares about the product, projects and team members and want to see all 3 do well.

Cons

COVID has been tough with the quantity of events, however as things open back up this seems to be less and less of an issue.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jan 26, 2021 - Android Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Challenging environment Great people Opportunity to travel and work for big companies Amazing leadership

Cons

Covid hit it hard and the company is struggling

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great product to work on!

Jan 19, 2021 - Producer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful group of smart, hardworking people that are passionate about event technology. The option to travel to events around the world (pre COVID-19). As a producer managing larger products it's great to gave associate producers working closely with you. Awesome client list!

Cons

Everyone is too busy, overloaded with projects and not enough resources to go around. A lot of time is spent in internal meetings and it can be hard to get access to the sales team due to this.

4. 2.0

Unpaid technical debt

Jan 21, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people and nice coffee

Cons

Unpaid technical debt does not go away, in this case - it's past due.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really great place to work

Feb 14, 2020 - Producer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership team, nobody is afraid of change or improvement, tons of office dogs, a barista in office, work from home options, and a company culture that really treats employees like human beings instead of cogs in a machine. Coming to work is a great experience for me now, and I'm so grateful to be working somewhere that I'm not desperate to leave by 1pm anymore. There's a lot of trust - you can work on what you want when you want, and if you choose to take the initiative to change something they are always open to hearing you out and supporting your vision.

Cons

Many people only seem to stay for ~2 years, but everyone I've talked to has left because the experience they built here set them up for great positions elsewhere that they wouldn't have had a shot at without Eventbase. The people who leave often stay in touch and show up to work social events which speaks to the great culture!

4 people found this review helpful

Snr Director, People

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience - it's always awesome to hear that someone loves coming to work each day and that love working at Eventbase.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Eventbase is a stepping stone job. It's easy to want to leave.

Feb 13, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and the office dogs

Cons

The company is experiencing growing pains

Snr Director, People

Hello - thank you for taking the time to share your experience, and I am sorry to learn that it wasn't what you hoped in regards to growing pains. It is interesting that you highlighted our paid parental leave plan, we were so excited to roll out paid top up leave to all of our new Eventbase Moms & Dads last year and it has been so well received and quickly adopted, and we really hope with all of our flexible work arrangements that it is easy for new parents to return to work after their leave is finished but we appreciate that life often takes a different road and anyone who choses to part ways moves on to amazing new things.

7. 3.0

Slow

Oct 23, 2019 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, some decent perks, nice office.

Cons

Progress was often slow. Product direction felt misguided efforts. Favoured catering to specific big client needs vs a general product development approach. Obviously this helps bring in money from big clients but if that's not for you it might not be a fit.

Snr Director, People

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, and sharing your experience with the community. It's always really great to hear that current and previous Eventbasers love the people they work with, it's a very special group! Understandably there are frustrations in any employment and I totally acknowledge that the product direction and progress can feel slow at times but meaningful change takes time and energy so thank you for being a part of the Eventbase journey.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Could be a top tier player again but needs a lot of attention to get there

Jun 11, 2019 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company culture, if not a bit tight knit. Opportunity to travel. Overall interesting problems to be solving.

Cons

Developers need to be trusted more. Product moves at too slow a pace. Large technical debt.

Snr Director, People

Hey there - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review to share with the community. The points you have shared offer some great insight, so thank you for bringing them to the forefront. We have a very high standard for mobile developers and they are hard to hire, but it's a huge priority to further invest new talent into that team; they are crucial to our success! Glad you enjoyed the travel as part of your role, it's such a great perk to travel to some of these awesome events!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Overcoming some hurdles, hopefully on track for market leadership

Jun 3, 2019 - Sales & Marketing in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Approachable leadership - some very intelligent people - Excellent clients, including top-tier enterprises - Opportunity to attend really cool events - opportunity to work on special projects and initiatives

Cons

- company has been working hard to overcome some operational hurdles as it develops new products - projects can be very demanding (deadlines can't be extended in the event industry) - special projects and task forces can be a distraction, and are not always completed since everyone is working on them from the corner of their desk

Snr Director, People

Hi there - thank you for sharing your experience! It's so great to hear that others appreciate approachable leadership, it's so rare and such an awesome part of the Eventbase culture. Thank you for your mindful advice, this kind of feedback is awesome to hear and we appreciate you sharing it with the community.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Could be the right company for you, depending your ambitions and personality

Jun 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Exciting, fast-moving industry to work in. - There are some really good people to meet and potentially make new friends. - Opportunity to tackle projects you see as important (this could be a con as getting buy-in and resources can be a challenge). - Opportunity to work with some exciting clients and travel to their events.

Cons

- Lack of vision (or lack of properly communicating the vision) for things like company culture, professional development, company goals, mission statement - Favouritism - seems you'll get further if you are liked by Leadership or Management. - People & Culture: A lot of talk but not a lot of action here, unless you prioritize office dogs, coffee and beer on tap. A lot of initiatives were introduced but none came to fruition. - No Inclusion & Diversity policy or initiatives. - Down sizing seems to be the consistent solution to financial challenges - No "green" or environmental policies or programs in the office or in the field. - Dysfunctional management team - hard to get decisions made or come to a consensus. - Hard to tell who is steering this ship sometimes.

Snr Director, People

Hello - thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience with the community. It's aways encouraging to hear what you appreciated about your time with Eventbase but even more important to hear where you think we could improve. Especially when perhaps we have failed in how we have communicated existing practices to our teams such as our D&I and sustainability initiatives which have been in place for a long time and are thriving, but perhaps not talked about enough - thanks for bringing this forward as something we can do better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews