Epic Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Epic Games Interview Questions

Interviews at Epic Games

3.1

QA Test Analyst Interview

Interview

Had an interview over the phone that went well loved it! Would recommend epic to anyone looking for an opportunity in the gaming industry. If you want to be apart of the team apply and work hard.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games.

Interview

it went smoothly. HR was great and kept in contact with me the whole time. Met with the team and everyone was great. I need 30 words and I do not know what else to type.

Interview Questions

• Time you worked on a project and had a hard time with a teammate, how did I handle it   Answer Question

Tools Programmer Interview

Interview

Started with a simple phone screen interview, followed by an assignment with some programming and logic questions. Next was a technical interview, which was much more difficult than the assignment where I was only asked C++ questions. Very difficult unless you're a C++ specialist/expert.

Interview Questions

• Questions ranging from general to obscure aspects of C++   Answer Question

Game Tester Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Epic Games in August 2020.

Interview

Starts with a response to resumes and portfolios that catch the eye of the recruiting department. After you have passed this part of the screening you will be hit with an email asking you to reply with your availability for an interview in the next week. This part of the process can result in you having to fill out availability for multiple weeks ahead do to covid and the team having to interview many others before you depending on where you fall in Que. After that you will recieve and Email informing you that you have an interview scheduled for a certain date and time and you do your best to prepare for it. On interview day confidence is key. You want to know about said companies products and be an active participant in those games. Not playing a game and Not knowing much about it can hurt you in the process ( not always). Try to speak clearly and be detailed in your responses to help showcase your passion and knowledge of said field.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What is a situation related to this position you have been in and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games.

Interview

I got a task about 2 weeks after i sent my application, i got about 2 weeks to complete it. I really thought I did well on it, and was informed about a week later that I wasn't chosen to move forward with it. It wasn't hard at all if you were experienced with sql and data visualization. I just really wish they would've given feedback for it.

2D Artist Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Epic Games in July 2020.

Interview

Starting with the recruiter sent a link for interview registration. On the day, the recruiter asked things like basic info and working ability. She told me if some artists in their team have interesting in me, she will contact me in the future.

Level Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games.

Interview

Around 30 min, the lead designer asked about the games I made and how do I solve problems. He is very chill and friendly, mixed with common topics and technical questions

Interview Questions

• what kinds of designer do you want to be   1 Answer

Senior Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC (US)

Interview

Two weeks after applying through Epic's site a recruiter reaches out and we have a phone screen. That goes well so we schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager for the next week. The manager calls 10 minutes after our scheduled time, doesn't apologize or explain why he's late, and then tells me that he has another meeting in 20 minutes so we'll need to make this quick. He also told me he hadn't looked at my resume yet. Ten minutes in he asked if I had ever worked on Unreal Engine before and when I said no I could tell that he immediately tuned me out even though I followed up my no by explaining that I had plenty of experience relevant to the job and was eager to learn. With five minutes left he let me ask one question then said he needed to grab a coffee before his meeting and ended the call early. A few weeks later I got a generic rejection email. I won't be applying here again.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked on Unreal Engine?   1 Answer

Community Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic Games in November 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying online. This was followed by a phone screen with the recruiter, which was honestly the best part of my experience! Max was awesome. The interview felt like a conversation, and he was very engaging, knowledgeable, and seemed genuinely interested in my answers. Really good representation of the brand. At the end of the call, he scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, and later let me know that he had added another hiring manager that was looking for a Community Coordinator, too. Unfortunately I had to let him know that I didn't have a ton of experience with the other product (which is why I didn't apply for that role), but that I'd be happy to interview with them.

The second interview was okay, I was asked a lot of questions about myself and my experience with community. I enjoyed talking to both hiring managers, but was pretty peeved that they were both on their phones pretty consistently throughout the entire interview. When one manager asked a question, the other was doing something on his phone. I put a lot of effort into preparing for the interview, and it didn't feel very respectful. I felt kind of guilty for asking as many questions as I did at the end of the interview, because it was pretty evident that they felt like they had more important things to be tending to.

I then moved on to a third interview with a coordinator and another person I'd be working with, but for the Community role with the team I hadn't applied for. This interview was so rough. I felt like I was being drilled. I don't think either of them smiled. It was really obvious that the coordinator hadn't received any interview training prior to the interview. I was asked a lot of questions incredibly specific to the product itself (that I had been transparent about not having a lot of experience in), and they seemed disappointed.

Ultimately I was told that I wasn't a good fit for the team, but that I'd be considered for the team that I had originally applied for. At this point I decided to withdraw my application, because I didn't get a great impression and given the impression, couldn't see myself moving across the country and working 50-55 hours/week with them.

I'm still a huge fan of Epic and the fact that they consistently put their community at the forefront. Regardless of how my interview went, I have a ton of respect for the individuals that I interviewed with and think that they're doing amazing work!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic Games.

Interview

Applied via the careers website, was contacted by an internal recruiter. He was very pleasant to speak with and I was moved onto the next step. I met with the hiring manager and another team mate, which went fine. I then spoke with a producer. He was late to the interview and the interview promptly ended at the scheduled time. I was able to follow-up with questions via email and I was provided answers. After not hearing anything for a bit, I reached out to the recruiter and was told they selected other candidates to move forward with. After asking for feedback, I was told they were looking for someone with a passion and experience in the gaming industry. This was rather baffling as I was up-front from the first interview and all subsequent interviews that I do not spend hours playing video games and if I'm going to play any game, it would be a board game. In summary- if you do not LOVE videos games, don't bother applying. If this feedback was accurate, I feel my time was wasted since I never lead anyone to believe that I eat, live, and breathe video games.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.