Edmunds.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Edmunds.com Interview Questions

Interviews at Edmunds.com

Software Engineer Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com.

Interview

Very unprofessional recruiter, doesn't share any information about what the interview will be focus on.
    I can feel people there don't have a very strong engineering background. Specific questions regarding the tech stack they are doing daily are asked.

Interview Questions

• One phone screen.

Behaviour questions. Technical coding questions. Design questions.   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com.

Interview

Both the internal recruiter and the product team were very conscious of the interviewees time, high focus on initial phone interviews before having in persons. It’s a very nice team, most people have been there for 5+ years.

Interview Questions

• Talk through design process, what’s ui/ux mean you you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Edmunds.com.

Interview

This interview left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I was really excited to interview with this company. They had technical issues in the beginning which made the interview start late. Then I was on video camera but they were not, so it was a bit uncomfortable for me since i was talking to google chat icons. Lastly, they didn’t give me enough time to look over the question and read the code. I maybe had maybe 2 minutes, maybe 3 and I was very confused during the technical. It didn’t leave a good impression because there were vital things I had missed had I gotten a chance to read the entire problem. The recruiter told me it would be a 15 min intro and 45 min technical. There was no intro, they didn’t ask a single question about myself. The first 20 min was the technical and then the rest of the time I got to ask questions. At the end I had one more question and the guy said we ran out of time, bye, and hung up. It was so abrupt and rude. Would not recommend to friends.

Interview Questions

• Given two functions, one fast and one slow. How would you make a third one that is faster over time? (Using cache)

What are ways you optimize? (They are looking for caching answer)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1st interview - 30 min Call to discuss background with HR
    2nd interview - 1hr meeting with Director & sr. analysts, first 30 min is background/case study questions, and second 30 min is couple sql questions

Interview Questions

• CMO is looking to run billboards in NYC & Chicago on a busy road. He is interested in measuring the ROI of the billboard. How would you suggest he go about measuring the ROI?   1 Answer
    • SQL question: A table is given with sales id, sales date, sales amount, & sales quantity. Write the query for sales by month and user for the last 3 months.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Resume was declined via canned email response. Even though my 12+ years of experience align with the job profile. My experience should have at least warranted an initial phone interview. Job has now been posted 30+ days since I initially applied.

Interview Questions

• You're experience while very impressive, we have decided to move forward with another candidate.   1 Answer

Editorial Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (Santa Monica, CA (US)).

Interview

The HR team was very professional, and the hiring manager conducted a fantastic interview. While I was not hired for this position, I was left with an appreciation for what is obviously a well run company and professional employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle workloads when dealing with additional requests from managers outside of your department?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com.

Interview

Pretty easy interview process, they do a web interview if they like you they'll pull you in for a face-to-face interview with the regional manager. Fairly straightforward interviewing process not very long.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (Santa Monica, CA (US)).

Interview

I was given a take home assignment and was to present when my in-person interview took place. After I gave the presentation, I was then given another SQL/logic test at the home office. Overall, it was challenging but worth it.

Partner Manager (Customer Service) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn. It was a 30-minute straight forward quick introduction of myself and the recruiter discussing the high-level details of the job responsibilities they posted. A phone interview was set up with the senior director for 30 minutes. Hiring manager was nice and I felt we had a great connection. I was told by the hiring manager that she will reach out to the recruiter for next steps. A couple of days later, I saw the job being posted again with a different job title with a different recruiter. I reached out to my (original) recruiter to get an update of the application status. I knew and saw she was online all these two days I have sent the LinkedIn message but never got even a short response. Quite disappointing. They reached out to me and I took the time to engage on these phone interviews so even if the outcome is not favorable, I wish the recruiter had the decency to “close the loop.” I wanted to reach out to the second recruiter but I did not want to look/sound desperate so I will just charge it to experience.

Technical Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edmunds.com (Santa Monica, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Easy interview questions were not hard at all. Not trick questions straight forward. Hiring process was short only waited a few days to hear back from someone. Only one person interviewed me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.