Edelman Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Edelman Interview Questions

Interviews at Edelman

2.9

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

45 minute phone conversation with a Senior Account Executive. She was very nice and wanted it to be more of a conversation than an interview. We started by walking through my resume, then typical interview questions and then ended with 10-15 minutes of questions on my part. I was not hired for this exact position but landed another through Edelman.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. I applied through a referral, continued the application process through email communications and 2 phone screenings with HR. Had a face to face interview with HR recruiter, a week later, i was invited for an in-person interview with a team lead, 2 one more week later I had a phone interview with Senior management and another team member and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation-

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Edelman.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks to get a call from HR. We scheduled a phone interview and we briefly spoke about my resume, but more so about my education. Since I switched directions a bit into marketing so I geared my interview towards that. She mainly asked me on the type of research I did and if I felt comfortable working with quantitative data. Then she was worried if I could manage still being a student and working full time. After I assured i could she agreed to schedule an in person interview with 3 different people. She told me who and exact time a day before I was supposed come in. We had previously agreed on a day.

It was to work with one of their biggest clients. I first met with someone who worked for the entire brand. The second was the actual director of the team I was interviewing for and lastly the one of the VP's of Edelman Digital.

They were standard questions about my resume and my experiences in Data Analysis and research. They also asked a bunch of marketing questions, my favorite brand, social medias, and why. Why Edelman and marketing and so forth. Pretty standard and almost each of them exact the exact same question I was almost tripping over myself.

The VP also asked a bunch of standard random personality questions as well. Am in support of dental and why? What do I like to do in my free time? He also gave me wound advice and we had a great conversation.

Overall I had a pleasant experience and they were extremely thoughtful and nice. I would love to re apply for position in the future.

They really care about if your personality fits in with their department. Just didn't like how 2 of the people I interviewed with just started working there even though they were experienced. I felt as though for the most part they would have more difficulty judging appropriate personality for the team since they have been there for max a week.

Interview Questions

• Which company or brand do you think does a poor Job of using social media?   Answer Question

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within the week. After trading emails we scheduled a phone interview. The talent recruiter was very easy going and personable. I felt like the phone interview was used as a personality gauge more than an experience gauge. My in-person interview was conducted with the Sr. Producer, Creative Director, and Group Creative Director.

Interview Questions

• How has your prior experience prepared you for where you are in your career now?   Answer Question

Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

After call with recruiter, I went in for personal interview. It seemed very informal, conversational, and more like a gut-check meeting. Apparently I didn't pass. I almost would have preferred a more formal interview with hard-core Q&A.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There will be multiple rounds of discussions where you start off speaking with junior analysts, the PMs, the VP and then the head of the NY office. Sometimes this can happen over one very long day or multiple visits.

Interview Questions

• no curve balls, they want you to prove that you understand all aspects of research and its role in communications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

In an effort to counter negotiations, they tell you you will work ffor the largest, independent PR agency -- really stressing the Edelman name.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

The process went smoothly. I received an email inviting me in for a 1:1 interview which struck me as odd (though I figure they happened to have an opening in their schedule to make it work). The interview lasted about thirty minutes and focused primarily on my previous work history along with generic "tell me about a time when..." style questions.

Interview Questions

• During a moment of down time you get recruited into another department that is busy to help out with the workload. Not being familiar with their projects or processes or even sure what your role is to be exactly, what do you to to fit in and contribute?   1 Answer

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman in March 2009.

Interview

I personally was very excited to interview with Edelman because I was a fan of their work. However this was one of the coldest/most competative offices I have ever been in. The HR people I spoke with were great, but the actual team was very cold. Here is my interview experience:

I received an email from HR asking if I was available to interview within the next couple days. I set up and interview for about 1pm I believe. I came in, met the HR person who took me to a confernce room were I met two of the people from the team I was interviewing with. The questions that they asked were pretty general about my experiences, etc... and the actual interview questions were not difficult. I was then led to a small room by myself where i was asked to write a press release based on some information that they had given me and was given a basic skills test (spelling, grammar, AP style). I believe the interview was about 45 mins long and the writing/test portion took me about an hour and a half. I didnt really feel very prepared for this test portion, maybe that was my fault however.

Interview Questions

• Which of my previous experiences best qualified me for the position and why   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Edelman (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

had to meet with 3 people at once. they were very friendly and explained the position, accounts, etc.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Edelman (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Had a 20 minute phone interview with Human Resources to determine my general knowledge and fit within the company. Was brought in months later once there was an opening and had a 2 hour interview where I met 1:1 with 5 different people. Some were welcoming and others more abrasive. I interviewed with 2 different teams/accounts.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.