EA Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

EA Sports Interview Questions

Interviews at EA Sports

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interviewing over 3 weeks. The process was divided into the following rounds.
    - screening
    - technical
    - panel (3 panels in one day)

The interview were more like conversation. There was no shared screen analysis of any coding during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard data analysis questions, a little bit of SQL, Jira, Stats. Nothing special.   1 Answer

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed with a online coding test and a panel interview. I think their hiring managers and the panel have to really look at the skillset which they want to mention in the Job description and relate that to their interview process.

I was asked for Power shell experience in the beginning of the panel interview, which I never used that language in my experience nor mentioned that in my resume. If they really want to hire someone with that experience they should have interviewed a candidate who has that experience and background. Likewise their panel was not in professional in the type of questions they were asking except the Manager who was focusing on the questions which were related to the role!

I spent/wasted almost many hours to complete the online coding exercises answering 5 hardest Python questions and I am pretty sure the results might be above 95% because I know how I code! I saw the LinkedIn profiles of the folks who have interviewed me and trust me they don't have a proper CS work experience and suddenly they joined as Build Engineers which melts me in disappointment.

Their HR team was unprofessional in responding to any questions and feedback. Please don't even except a reply from them. Very unprofessional HRs

At least screen your candidates properly and mention what you/ your team want in the Job description. HRs @ EA have some proper empathy towards the candidates who are getting interviewed and respond them properly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied for internship online, got invited to do 30 min. phone interview with 2 software engineers. Asked about data structures and 2 or 3 coding problems. If you pass the 30 min interview, you would move to the next round of interview before getting an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EA Sports in August 2019.

Interview

This HR call was the worst and most disappointing HR call I have every had. Their engineering team and mission sounded amazing, but after this first call I would never considered applying here again.

To start, he failed to read my email being in a different time zone than him, and never called. I emailed 5 minutes after we were suppose to talk on the phone and he never responded." It was frustrating that he did not carefully read my email and the time I was available, which was the time he agreed to. We rescheduled.

Again, no call. I emailed and he said an all hands meeting was running late, and that he would call me in 30 minutes. He finally ended up calling. I understand the all hands meeting was a very important one for the company.

I have never in my career felt so uncomfortable on an HR call. He pressured me into wanting to tell him the names of other companies I am applying for even when I said I don't want to share that information. He tried to pressured me into giving a compensation range. I did not and he made me feel terrible about not giving him one. When asking about diversity in the company and the engineering team his answer was vague and ended up with "1 female" as an answer. He also shared personal information about himself that was not relevant to me, the company or the job. He clearly did not read my resume. He was asking how many years I worked at XYZ or how many years of experience I had in a certain frame work... when all that information is displayed on my resume. He even asked where the company was... again, it's written clear on my resume. He did not understand the languages/frameworks I have experience in and I had to tell him what the similarities and differences were.

I had high hopes for this company, but ofter this one interaction, I will not be a fan or apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• What would be your compensation range?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Asked brief questions about background and education. How I would be a good fit for this role, what I can contribute to EA Sports. Really easy and not many technical questions more on the behavioral side.

Interview Questions

• How I would be a good fit for this role, what I can contribute to EA Sports.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

i submitted my resume to campus recruiter. Got a phone screening a week after. Then got invited to on site interview. I was interviewed by 3 engineers all together. A bit intimidating but they were really nice.

Interview Questions

• general questions about your resume & projects. OOP questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview for a product management internship at mobile game development team.
    The interview had a balance between technical & behavior stuff, and last for about 30 minutes. It was more of a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• If you were to use game data, e.g. for a mobile game like Bejeweled, to analyze the rational behind people stop-playing/leaving the game, what would your approach/methods entail?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports in October 2015.

Interview

2 Telephonic rounds
    In first round:
    Questions regarding the projects on my resume.
    Why have you used specific technologies? Give reasons
    Design elevator system
    I have mentioned about the project where I have used MongoDB , Interviewer ask questions regarding indexes in MongoDB
    what is covered query in Mongodb?
    what is difference between parallel execution and concurrent execution
    In second round:
    Behavioral questions

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at EA Sports in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was sent an email to create a power point slide about myself, asked some questions and was asked to analyze a data chart. I was then selected for a face to face interview at EA's office. I had three separate interviews with various managers each lasting only 5-15 minutes. After the interview I was given a tour of the building. The whole process took about an hour. They were very friendly and straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions... Why do you want to work for EA?, What are some weakness, etc..   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EA Sports in January 2014.

Interview

They started the hiring process for an intern late in which the position was starting only a few weeks after the initial interview. Because of this, the entire process was expedited so how they normally interview for an intern may vary. I only had one phone interview with the Development Manager and one of the Senior Software Engineers. The questions ranged from games I've made both personally and in school, my technical expertise with C++ mostly with object-oriented programming, and reviewing some code samples written in C++. Within the week, they gave me the job.

Interview Questions

• The only question I couldn't answer was what a memory breakpoint was.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.