Crate and Barrel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Crate and Barrel Interview Questions

Interviews at Crate and Barrel

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied with the online application and was given a in-person interview with a manager at the store. Manager asked about sales/ customer service experience. I heard back shortly after with a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a sales item and asked me to "sell it" to them.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very casual and conversational interview. Dress business casual but definitely be yourself too they like individualism. I got a phone interview plus an In store interview and was hired very quickly.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and laid back and was told to dress casual. I did a phone interview on a Friday which lasted about 5-10 mins max and set up an appointment for an in-person interview that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• He got side tracked and started asking me about my time in the military apart from the basic questions like "what was something that was difficult but you overcame?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel.

Interview

I got called back the next day after I had applied online and had a 5-10 minute phone interview with one of the sales managers asking about past experiences and then she asked if I could come in the next day for an in-person interview. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and I met with the store manager as well as the sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Crate and Barrel?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a position with an upset customer, if so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Costa Mesa, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview was more conversational. I didn’t feel like I was being grilled with complicated questions. It was one of the more enjoyable interviews I have had and I felt the interviewer was more interested in how I interacted with her than how well I answered the questions.

Interview Questions

• They put a product in front of me (it was a coffee mug) and asked me to sell them on it how I might recommend the product to a customer.   Answer Question

Team Lead, Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Sarasota, FL (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

About ten minutes into the interview, I realized I was being interviewed for a position I hadn't applied for. I was told the other position had been filled. Neither interviewer seemed the least bit embarrassed and neither apologized. I wrapped it up quickly and left, frustrated by their incompetence. I was called the next day for a second interview for the job I had not applied for. I explained there was a mix-up. Again, no apology. It was the strangest interview situation I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you experienced conflict and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhasset, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Manhasset, NY (US)).

Interview

The manager asked a few problem solving questions to gain insight on how I can think outside of the box. It was fairly easy to answer questions. The manager inquired about my past experience

Marketing Interview

Interview

Recruiter emailed me, had a phone interview with a couple people on the marketing team, was asked to take marketing test, then in-person interview. I thought I was a shoe-in for the job since the marketing team liked me and were impressed by my qualifications. However, they were so interested in interviewing other candidates that they asked me for continual patience for 3+ weeks. So much stress spent on waiting for a response, convincing myself I would get the job because they liked me, and slowing down my applications to other companies only to get a generic email from HR saying they went with someone else. I can't believe I spent so much time and energy with this company that doesn't seem to care much about their applicants. Beware: even if you meet/exceed the qualifications and impress them and are available to work for them, they will still continue to look for others at the expense of your own time and hard work. It's a hard thing to cope with and I don't think candidates should be treated this way. I won't apply to this company again.

Interview Questions

Crate and Barrel Response

Jun. 3, 2019 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Recruiter - Corporate

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. We value all feedback and want to make ourselves available to listen to our candidates and associates.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Pasadena, CA (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I had to wait a while... like 15 mins, because the interviewer was busy, but when he finally came out and introduced himself he was very nice and cordial. I was taken to an office in the back and the interview lasted about 20 mins overall. The interviewer was a very nice guy and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience relate to this position?   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Crate and Barrel (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Really relaxed, now it's intense to see whether or not you can actually sell. You must go directly to the store manager and she will see if your competent to perform the duties of the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.