Chevron Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Chevron Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec, 2018

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

I was emailed about a week after I submitted a resume for a phone interview. There were 2 people on the phone interview and they asked very generic questions - e.g. describe yourself, what type of contracting work have you performed. After about 2-3 weeks I was called in for an in person interview where they asked basically the same questions again, but this time I was interviewed by a 4 member panel. People were very nice and one of them gave me a card and said to call anytime with questions. Also had to pass a drug test and background check.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in October-2011.

Interview

Aside for a few minutes of learning about your background. You will be asked to tell a story when... (up to 5 situations depending on the time limit) Those questions want to find out more about how you solved problems in the past i.e. how you resolved conflict in team format as well as assess your leadership potential and find out more about your personality.

Interview Questions

• One example is "please tell me a time that you worked in a team and faced a conflict, what did you do?". Just a quick tip here. You would have increase your chance by telling your story following a STAR method... Situation, Tasks, Action, and Results. Be as specific as possible when you tell your story. Good luck.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron.

Interview

The interview process was very convienent for me as a student. They came to our campus and conducted interviews. The interviewers were friendly and interested in your future with the company!

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any difficult questions   1 Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron in September-2013.

Interview

The interview was at my university. They asked behavioral questions and told me about their time with the company. They sent me a letter that said they would contact me if any positions that I fit came available, but ultimately I had to take another job because they did not get back with me.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Lubbock, TX (US)) in September-2010.

Interview

Behavioral based questions
    Give an example of a time when....Leadership, problem solving, etc.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chevron (Central, TX (US)) in September-2012.

Interview

The company recruiter came to our university. I was selected to interview for a position in Chevron energy technology company.
    Behavioral questions include leadership, your goal and difficulties you met before.
    Ask questions from the CV. what your research and how did you do.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about the program I developed before. Since I only considered one situation in my program. They asked me that how to extend to other situations based on the program.   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chevron (Morgantown, WV (US)) in September-2011.

Interview

Interview Process was through campus recruiting

Interview Questions

Negotiation

An offer was made less than a week after the interview

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chevron (Austin, TX (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

Initially attended the career fair held by my school. Talked to recruiters as well as applied through university database for an interview. Went to an all interviewee info session, and then next day we had the interview. Offers take around 6 weeks to make, so that's the only downside

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to convince someone to do something   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you worked under a tight deadline   1 Answer
    • Why Chevron?   1 Answer
    • What made you want to go into Petroleum Engineering?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chevron in February-2008.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview was about 45 minutes and was mostly behavior type questions. A few accounting questions were asked. After that, I was flown to company offices and had a panel interiew (3 people at once). Most of the time, they focused on behaviors and situationals. Asked about resume and experiences. I then had lunch with 3 auditors were we talked about my career goals, etc. I got a great sense of the vibe and culture here. Everyone was friendly and I got a chance to talk about what it's like to work here and what's in store for me.

Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chevron (Bakersfield, CA (US)) in April-2013.

Interview

several interviews before I was hired. First I got a phone call from a recruiter in TX and then was called back from same person a few weeks later to schedule an in person interview...had two in person interviews before they made me an offer...had formal feel with a team doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why I'd be a good candidate. Also, asked questions which required several part answers.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.