Calian Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2016

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Calian

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Calian

Found 4 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON) in Aug 2016

Interview

Had all the qualifications and much more for the job. Recruiter calls for 10 minutes as she's expecting another call. This was NOT THE FORMAL INTERVIEW. She says nobody will be selected for job for 3 weeks. She will call me to set up day/time for interview. I hear nothing and call her 2 days later. She has ALREADY HIRED THE NURSE SHE WANTS!! Unethical, unprofessional, lying immoral, backstabbing witch.Do not trust anyone in this company This is the 2nd time this same dishonest, lying slug has done this to me. She cares about her image and $$$$$$$. Of course she gets a big commission. My qualifications were way better than who she hired. Makes me sick !!

Interview Questions
  • How much money did you make at your other job?
    1 Answer
  • She told me she was busy and could only spare 10 minutes to describe the job. Gave me the bums rush in a hurry. No idea why.
Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calian (Barrie, ON) in Mar 2014

Interview

It was a pretty standard process. I had a phone interview with their in-house recruiter, and then my CV was reviewed by the Contract Manager before it was presented to the client. I then did a face-to-face on site at the client with the Contract Manager and two other IDOs. The process was mercifully quick...arguably the fastest time-to-offer situation I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked some specific doctrine and practice questions about my experience as it related to the unique environment in which I would be working.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calian (Ottawa, ON) in Jan 2013

Interview

Over the phone for a position I was already in, interviewer was very disinterested in talking with me and did not understand my role in the department. Insisted that they would not take me on because I was still waiting for an exam result (which is not a mandatory criteria of my job, but an elective to provide better insurance coverage in the chance of malpractice lawsuits).

Interview Questions
  • They asked me why I should be selected over my coworkers. I replied that I am not in a position to make that choice, everyone at that location had their own merits for being there. Apparently I was the only one asked this, as I was the interview right after a coworker who said that everyone else in the department was poorly equipped to do their jobs.
Anonymous Employee in Borden, ON
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Calian (Borden, ON) in Sep 2012

Interview

Initial contact by local contract mgr requesting resume be sent to HR at head office. Then a phone interview from HR recruiting to gather tombstone info and clarify points from my resume. Final f2f interview with contract manager seemed like a formality where an overview of the day-to-day operation was explained as well as more details of the job were provided. Contract manager at the time was very professional. Contract manager has since changed, and not for the better.