CIBC World Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CIBC World Markets Interview Questions

Interviews at CIBC World Markets

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

met with 5 different people for 30 minutes each. Just went back once to meet head of Dept.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more, and they gave it to me. But, it wasn't much of a stretch

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very friendly and it wasn't as stressful as some interviews can get. Many of the questions ended up being more behavioral and conversational. Prepare for background questions as you should for any other firm. Do research on the group you're interviewing for and reach out to current employees.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Was very informal in tone, but down to business in substance. Friendly, intelligent hiring manager and his boss went over the resume and tested knowledge of the industry

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets.

Interview

I applied online through a staffing agency. I then spoke with a staffing agent, the whole process wasn't difficult. I did do some excel computer test. That test was simple for anyone who knows excel. This was the whole process for me. It was an entry job so I guess they didnt care much either.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied this position from school career net. First round interview was in our campus. I met a nice traders. We had a fun talk and then I step into the superday. On superday I meet 6 team members from different teams. Hiring manager told me they only hire 4 students this summer. It's 2 weeks but I didn't any feedback.

Interview Questions

• Normal trading questions. About market, about demand/supply analysis and about your resume.   Answer Question

Middle Office PL Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview was with the direct hiring manager who seemed more concerned with my personality. It was already assessed that I had the foundation needed based on my experience from my resume. Within a week, I interviewed with the head of the department just for formality to introduce myself to the group. The office was clean and professional. People were conservative, dressed business casual. The work culture was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities relevant to the job posting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer considering it was a great opportunity switching industries.

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Super friendly people, not too many technicals involved - but definitely know what corporate banking is and how it helps clients. Know your resume very well, and know answers to typical fit questions (why corporate banking, why CIBC, why finance, etc)

Corporate Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied via the school career net and was invited to an on-campus interview a week after I submitted my resume. Both interviewers were super chill, and after asking a couple of very basic "fit" questions, they spent the next ~15 minutes letting me ask them questions. Got contacted by the HR team two weeks later, and will attend their superday event this week.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets.

Interview

Was a 7 interview series that was just delightful. CIBC truly cares about fit more than knowledge level and it really made for an enjoyable interview experience! Questions were fair and not overly difficult. They really wanted the right person for the culture and it showed in the interview

Interview Questions

• Explain a call/put + what is going on in the market (including rates, market drivers etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBC World Markets (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was a very interesting opportunity to learn about a wonderful organization. It was a challenging interview, including technical, interpersonal, etc. It is important to understand how the various operations of the bank work together and overall strategic direction.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.