CEMEX (USA) Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 36 of over 36 interviews

Interviews at CEMEX (USA)

Positive57%
Recruiter20%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in Jun 2021

Interview

The first interview was over the phone and it lasted around 30 min. The HR person was really nice and asked the common interview questions. Once I finished, she let me know right away that I had moved on to the second stage in the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What was your favorite finance class in school and why?
    1 Answer

CEMEX (USA)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in May 2021

Interview

The process has been very long. I waited for weeks to hear back and still waiting for more information about what to do for the next step and it has been over a month.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied online in March 2021. One month later (April 2021), I had the first interview. It was on Teams and it lastest 30 minutes. One week later, I had the second interview with two hiring managers, and it lasted 1 hour. Finally, one week later, I got the job offer. The process took two months. My advice is to do your homework and research the company. There is where you can mark a difference from others.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me about youself - Why do you want to work here? - What do you know about Cemex? - What is your greatest strength? - What is your greatest weakness?

CEMEX (USA)

Application

I interviewed at CEMEX (USA)

Interview

Was pretty straight forward went over resume and the details of the job I would be doing. Manager interviewed me. Was an overall good experience. They may need to add more technical interview questions though for the job at hand

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX)

Interview

I applied online, and I had a first interview with the company. The scheduled time was a little odd since it was at 5PM on a Friday. I thought the interview went well, and the questions asked were typical. A week went by, and I hadn't heard back, so I reached out to the HR generalist, and I didn't get a response. I reached out a week later again, and I finally got a response, letting me know the position was cancelled. Fast forward to a month later, the HR generalist reaches out and asks if I was interested in the position as well as my availability to interview. However, I got no response with a scheduled time and date. I reached out asking if there was an update, and there was no reply again. What was frustrating about the interview process with Cemex was definitely a lack of communication and professionalism on their end. It would have been nice to been given a response instead of having me left to wonder about what was going on.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

CEMEX (USA)

Application

I interviewed at CEMEX (USA)

Interview

There was first a quick phone interview then you go into the office for a two-part interview with different HR managers. The questions were to get to know you and find out what exactly you wanted to get out of an internship

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself? What do you look to gain from an internship?

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Sacramento, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Company called me over the phone, ask me a couple of questions and I was called the next day and let know I was selected. A hiring coach then emailed me the rest of the information that needed to be collected such as the background, drug test and physical

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CEMEX (USA)

Application

I interviewed at CEMEX (USA)

Interview

Phone call interview with a very composed and professional woman. I felt very relaxed and happy to answer any of her questions. She gave plenty of time to answer and listened to what I had to say.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Thomasville, AL) in Feb 2019

Interview

Good but was not on the job we talk about what my old job was and what did at it and I had all the paper work to show my job experience and had pics of my work I had done at the other job and he was very satisfying with it

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

CEMEX (USA)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in Oct 2018

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a college career fair after talking with her extensively about the internship. Was called back promptly within 2 weeks where she set up a phone interview. I did a preliminary interview with her over the phone where we went over my resume and some more details about the internship opportunity to see if I wanted to continue. We then scheduled another phone interview, but this time the manager who would be overseeing the internship was going to ask me questions. That interview was a lot more of gauging my interest and them evaluating if I would have the right attitude for the plant life. After that interview went well they invited me to come see the plant in person and have a final interview before they made a decision. The day of the interview they gave me a very extensive tour of the plant along with the quarry. I was thoroughly impressed by the amount of time they took to show me the plant and explain the basic process going on before the interview even happened. After talking to various plant workers, engineers, and other staff I then started my last official interview. It consisted of 3 employees, the head of maintenance, head of plant operations, and the manager of the plant altogether. During this interview they asked me a lot about previous experience, future plans, and if i could see cemex in those plans. I was offered the job in that interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was my previous job experience?
  • Did I see myself thriving in the cement plant environment and would I be willing to relocate for training and future employment.
  • If I was to continue on with the company, where did I see myself 10 years from now?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Interviews