CEMEX (USA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

CEMEX (USA) Interview Questions

Interviews at CEMEX (USA)

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Phone call interview with a very composed and professional woman. I felt very relaxed and happy to answer any of her questions. She gave plenty of time to answer and listened to what I had to say.

Millwright Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thomasville, AL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Thomasville, AL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Good but was not on the job we talk about what my old job was and what did at it and I had all the paper work to show my job experience and had pics of my work I had done at the other job and he was very satisfying with it

Interview Questions

• Really nothing on maintenance   1 Answer

Plant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in October 2018.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a college career fair after talking with her extensively about the internship. Was called back promptly within 2 weeks where she set up a phone interview. I did a preliminary interview with her over the phone where we went over my resume and some more details about the internship opportunity to see if I wanted to continue. We then scheduled another phone interview, but this time the manager who would be overseeing the internship was going to ask me questions. That interview was a lot more of gauging my interest and them evaluating if I would have the right attitude for the plant life. After that interview went well they invited me to come see the plant in person and have a final interview before they made a decision. The day of the interview they gave me a very extensive tour of the plant along with the quarry. I was thoroughly impressed by the amount of time they took to show me the plant and explain the basic process going on before the interview even happened. After talking to various plant workers, engineers, and other staff I then started my last official interview. It consisted of 3 employees, the head of maintenance, head of plant operations, and the manager of the plant altogether. During this interview they asked me a lot about previous experience, future plans, and if i could see cemex in those plans. I was offered the job in that interview.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous job experience?   Answer Question
    • Did I see myself thriving in the cement plant environment and would I be willing to relocate for training and future employment.   Answer Question
    • If I was to continue on with the company, where did I see myself 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Talent Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA).

Interview

They called to arrange a phone interview, during that interview I spoke with the BSO manager who asked about analytical thinking and made me solve a case study over the phone. They called back the next day asking about an on-site interview (they did not pay for the flight or other accomodations) . On this interview, the person who was supposed to interview me did not show up. In this interview, I was given 10 GRE questions and another case study. I followed up several times and the HR representative could not give me a clear answer, her excused was that her boss did not get back to her.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the size of the banana market in the US. (Can't use the internet or any other resource)   Answer Question
    • Calculate how many pounds the average American gained after a million dollar increase in candy sales over Halloween weekend.   Answer Question

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

2 phone calls with HR, approx 30 mins each, 2 interviews with manager and VP of the area, 2nd round of interviews with 2 peers and 2 managers (internal customers of the open role).

Interview Questions

• How important is a work-life balance for you?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Started with an hour long phone Interview the week before Thanksgiving with HR. The call was a casual 2-way conversation and we both learned quite a bit about each other.

Two weeks later they contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager on December 1st. We spoke for an hour and the manager did most of the talking. The conversation flowed well and he provided a strong breakdown of the position and what they were looking for. A week and a half later they called to schedule an on site interview in 3.5 weeks on January 5th.

Onsite interview lasted several hours and included discussions with hiring manager, his boss, one of his coworkers and HR. Questions were mostly aimed directly at the job and they provided an overview of the company’s beliefs/philosophy. Interview also included lunch at a restaurant and a quick tour of the area. Everyone was friendly and interviews were well organized. 2.5 weeks later I got a call.

Interview Questions

• Is there anything in your career that you would change?   Answer Question
    • Walk us through the steps you were responsible for in a particular project/transaction at your current and past positions.   Answer Question
    • What role did you play in deciding whether a business transaction would proceed or not?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA).

Interview

Long interview process with little communication between steps. Three interviews within six weeks. The people were friendly just a huge lack of communication to the applicants. Overall I would not be looking to interview with them again.

IT Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a brief 15 minute interview with a PM. I was asked about my experience with IT development. I sat in on an ongoing meeting and asked questions at the end about my thoughts. Then I was asked if I would accept an offer and how fast could I start. I was not interview by my supervisors but instead by a PM that said he was not a technical person so not to mention anything technical. It was pretty confusing to be interview by someone with no knowledge of what the role was about.

Interview Questions

• What have I done in the past that aligns with their needs?   1 Answer

Talent Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) in July 2017.

Interview

Contacted the recruiter and got a phone interview date. They didn't call at the scheduled time so I ended up rescheduling it. The recruiter ended up asking most questions, the hiring manager did not seem very interested.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CEMEX (USA) (Houston, TX (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

First there was an initial phone interview. Then about 5 weeks later I received an email inviting me for an in-person interview. I interviewed with two of their analysts at the site and then didn't hear back until another 2/3 weeks.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.