Burns & Wilcox Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Burns & Wilcox Interview Questions

Interviews at Burns & Wilcox

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox.

Interview

Applied online and had an interview within a couple of days. 1 in office interview with Senior Management and then received quick job offer. Be careful on how you word your questions. For example: I asked if they supported and/or paid for continuing education. They said yes, but failed to mention this only included Insurance Designations and not any other form of continuing education (leading me to believe my pursuit of an MBA would be covered).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morehead City, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Morehead City, NC (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very simple and short when I interviewed. I was there for less than an hour, the biggest question was if I was willing to relocate. The questioned me about my insurance background being that it was a part of my major

Interview Questions

• Name something that you regret.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The actual interview process was quite normal. I had a phone interview followed by a face to face panel interview. After the panel interview, I spoke with the CFO and the head of human resources on the phone. I was told by them that people would receive offers within the next two business days.

Not only did I not receive an offer, I did not get any sort of rejection letter either. I tried multiple times getting a hold of the right people to find out the status of my application. I left a professional voice message and sent an email to the human resource representative I was in most contact with during this entire process. Even after contacting multiple times, I received no response whatsoever.

I am disappointed by the lack of professionalism by this company. At the very least, they owed me a proper rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• What do we owe you as an employer?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Burns & Wilcox Response

Sep. 28, 2015 – Talent

Thank you for taking the time to write about your candidate experience with Kaufman Financial Group. We are deeply displeased to hear about the lack of communication between you and our employees... More

Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Arlington, TX (US)) in May 2008.

Interview

very unprofessional. inappropriate questions asked due to ignorance of senior managmenet

Interview Questions

• What will you do with your kids while you are at work....   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unpleasant

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Farmington Hills, MI (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I went in for an initial interview with the controller of the department I would be working in. Pretty standard interview. Next came a round of interviews with the VP & managers of the accounting department. 1st with the VP 1:1, very pleasant man, respectful but extremely professional. Next came another interview with the managers of the department 2:1. Nice ladies, didn't even feel like an interview. FINALLY, once all the aforementioned people approved me, I interviewed with the CEO of the company. Colleagues expressed it as a very negative experience, yet I had a good one. All you need to do is find this man's sweet spot. I did had to write a short essay and email it to him, that was unnecessary.

Interview Questions

• Why are you more qualified than others for this position?
      Tell me what is your best & worst asset?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Myrtle Beach, SC (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

This was a pure waste of time. I had 3 interviews, first phone, second in person with manager and third with Vice President of the Department. The interviews seemed to have went ok with several redundant questions, however after interviewing for a total of 3months I was never informed that I was not selected for the job. I tried emailing the manager and recruiter but neither had the decency to respond. This company is very unprofessional. Don’t waste your time. Go somewhere, where you can at least receive feedback.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Phila, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The entire process was extremely laid back. Everyone in the office was friendly and down to earth. They did not ask the usual questions that are meant to put you on the spot.

Interview Questions

• It was more like getting together at a high school reunion with old friends   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online on a whim after being out of work force for @ 7 years (Underwriting Specialist). Took them 6 months to contact me. Came in for interview, was supposed to meet branch manager who never showed. Met with several people, felt interview was solid, but never heard from them after, not even a courtesy call to tell me I wasn't hired. In my 20 years working, and as a seasoned professional, I've never had a prospective employer not contact me after an interview. I left the interview feeling like it wasn't the right fit, but didn't expect to not receive some post interview feedback. Not saying I should have gotten an offer, but was surprised by their lack of contact.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Nothing I can recall that jumped out.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox.

Interview

Short, sweet and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burns & Wilcox (Centennial, CO (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

I sent in my resume and was contacted within 30 minutes. Set up an interview for two days later. I was suppose to meet with some upper management from out of state. It was a very informal get to know session. It was kind of goofy and I quickly realized this was not the place for me so I asked a question about what appears like a high turnover rate. After he stumbled through some answer about how they don't, he asked me to write him a letter as to why I would be a valuable member to his company. I declined.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.