BuildDirect Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 15 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BuildDirect

BuildDirect

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BuildDirect

Interview

Single interview after submitting my resume and cover letter through school co-op office. Interview was a short tour through the office, then 30 minutes of general HR questions, then 30 minutes technical interview. Offer arrived within a couple of days.

Interview Questions
  • What are the 5 principles of object-oriented programming?
    Answer Question
  • Design a function to shuffle a deck of cards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2019

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter over the phone. Was pleasant and polite, get to know you. Got a second in person interview at 8am. Not a problem being that early. Interview went went well with questions on skills and experience. After interview follow up with recruiter. Got good feedback that they see I would be able to contribute from the start. But that is where it ends. In the same follow up, I was told their top executives (supposedly ex Amazon executives) where meeting to further determine what positions to hire and would take a few weeks to get back to me on further steps. A few weeks later, decided to follow up a second time. Recruiter informed, their executives decided not to do any hiring as they where going through reorganization. I must say this is the second time in 3 years, I have gone through exactly the same situation when applying to this company. Why post for positions? Make them come in for interviews and decide, oh sorry we decided not hire at the moment if your was not to really hire anyone. This demonstrates the great instability of this company and lack of respect for people's time and value. For any future candidates, I would not recommend it and if still want to pursue be aware of true nature of this organization.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BuildDirect

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at BuildDirect in Jan 2019

Interview

Phone screening, followed by five 30 minutes of interviews onsite with different teams. Interviews went well, got positive feedback but very poor follow-ups thereafter. I had to email them for updates and would hear different excuses that they are interviewing other candidates, or team is away. This went on for over 2 months. Finally, they told me they are putting the role on hold and hiring a more experienced manager. Not at all happy with the experience, considering that I didn't even apply for the job at first place, they reached out to me to see if I was interested. Wasted a lot of my time and their time.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral questions about working with cross-functional teams, biggest strengths, define product management, walk through the process of shipping new feature.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2018

Interview

A group of two. Amazing environment, they were very friendly. We went to another floor. They thank you for coming. It is an open office with a beautiful view. The other people seemed to be nice and polite.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little about yourself? Elaborate what you were doing in your previous job?
  • What are your passion outside of job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Burnaby, BC) in Jul 2017

Interview

Applied for the position online and got an email from recruiter who followed up with me and wanted to schedule a brief 30 min phone interview. However, I NEVER received a call from the recruiter. I even emailed him back to see if the he wanted to reschedule. NOTHING. Then I decided to call the recruiter and even left a voicemail. NOTHING. Builddirect doesn't care about their prospective and current employees, they don't bother responding to an email or phone call. This says a lot about their company values and culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Vancouver, BC) in May 2017

Interview

HR people were very nice and I felt very welcome. The technical interviewer was very patient and provided lots of hints when I was stuck. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • How to sum up all the data in all the nodes of a binary tree.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Vancouver, BC) in Mar 2017

Interview

The recruiter screened first. Then a panel with 3 team members. They didn't tell me what to prepare and it felt free flowing. It was a phone and not video conference which made it harder to present.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BuildDirect

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BuildDirect

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter from their company. I replied back, agreeing to a telephone conversation. Did not receive a reply from the recruiter until I followed up again. Eventually, we fixed a time for a conversation but the call was cancelled at the last minute by the person, citing "I am super busy". We fixed another time for the next day, did not receive a call. Followed up with an email but no response from the person.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2016

Interview

A lengthy interview that touched on a number of customer service topics. Went into detail on my resume and cover letter as well as asking about my career goals. I had plenty of time to ask about the company and overall thought it was a good experience for both sides.

Interview Questions
  • Talk us through your experience in your resume

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildDirect (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Applied and was contacted by Sabrina from HR for a pre-screening interview. Two separate interviews with her, along with two groups of Sales Managers who all took turns asking questions followed in-person at their Downtown Vancouver office

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with someone on the West Coast vs. East Coast? What makes you a good candidate for this position? What is your biggest strength? Biggest weakness? Tell us a time you encountered a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews