BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, as part of a co-op education process. Most of the interview was a casual conversation about my goals and education, with only one real technical question. Overall, it didn't seem like any of my previous interview experiences.

Web Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Interview on Webex and simple questions were asked such as the projects I worked on etc. After the Interview, I got a call and was accepted as an Intern. The interview was easy.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in June 2020.

Interview

Rather straightforward, it was the very first interview with a recruiter over the phone. We mostly covered my background and my interest in applying for the position. I was told they would get back to me shortly. It took close to 3 weeks before recruiting followed back up. The email I received was the same person I had previously spoken to asking to provide him some times/dates to speak about the position. I was a bit confused because it appeared as though they forgot we had spoken. I replied back and the they confirmed that he did forget that we spoke and then advised me that they would not be moving forward with my candidacy. I found this process to be disorganized, unprofessional, and frankly a waste of time.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was very nice and patient, the phone call interview took about 30 minutes, and then followed up with scheduling an on site interview. Standard procedures. Overall a relatively thorough process.

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interviewer first talked about the company and what projects they are doing. Then, I need to introduce myself. Later, I was asked questions about my resume (talk about one project in detail), and some basic questions about machine learning

Interview Questions

Interview

Was asked to do a phone interview where they asked about experience and coursework. Soon after the interview, I was offered the job. The interview and application process was quick and easy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Interview was average difficulty. The interviewer asked me to a few behavioral questions, preceded by few oral questions on Java. The interviewer also asked me to write a few short programs on paper.

Research Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Research intervie wRes earch in tervie w Rese arch inte rvie w Res earch interview Research interview Researc h interview R e searc h inte rv iew Res ear ch interview

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

This is actually for Cylance in Irvine. It has been acquired by Blackberry but most of the staff is still Cylance. I was interviewed by one of the Cylance guys. The interviewer was intellectually hostile. He was one of these PHD type guys and it seemed his main goal was to prove that, "You don't know what I know". lol Like peeling an onion, he just kept digging at everything I said with basically, "why?". That is till you got the point where you couldn't explain anymore because it was too detailed and he wouldn't stop till you hit a dead end.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Strange. It was very quiet in the office like no one wanted to work there or was afraid to communicate with coworkers. Nice location. Interviewer was pleasant and business like. Business is not heading in the right direction. Feels political based on what was shared.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a ten minute face-to-face interview with one of the senior managers.

Heard back sometime later and was offered an interview. It lasted about 2 hours and was split between two panels, one focusing on behavioral questions and the other focusing more on technical.

Incredibly enjoyable experience, the people were interesting and it wasn't like talking to a brick wall like other places.

Quick responses and kept in touch throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.