BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, as part of a co-op education process. Most of the interview was a casual conversation about my goals and education, with only one real technical question. Overall, it didn't seem like any of my previous interview experiences.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

First a phone interview and then onsite to meet with 3 different managers. All done in 1 day, which is convenient when you are currently employed elsewhere. Very little back-and-forth and I was notified immediately after of their decision.

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process involves a phone screen, then a 4 1/2 hour long on-site interview. Most of the interview questions resolved around performance testing methodologies. There are only a few in-depth technical questions around database and python scripting.

Interview Questions

• How to read a csv file and processed texts in python?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I received an email form a recruiter and was asked to bring my resume to an interview that was being held at a hotel. They had time slots allotted for each of the candidates and everyone waited in a waiting room while they were being called in.

Interview Questions

• Very disorganized and were very technical questions for a role that was described as a PM role.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and In Person interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in March 2010.

Interview

Interviews are mostly based on what you have in RESUME, basic programming language and some additional skills which makes you unique. Prior job experience helps. HR process is very simple, phone call and then group interview with 2-4 employees

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, walked into a recruiting event and went thru 3 rounds of interview- one technical, one behavioral and one HR.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult. Discussion on quick sort, its run time complexity, basic OOP concepts. Few questions related to Polymorphism and Java specific class definitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR came back with an offer and we went back and forth a couple of times before I accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was pretty quick. They needed people ASAP at the time I started there. Regular intervirew questions, not that much technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them I got another offer higher from another company, they raised their offer by 10K.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I have applied for the software engineer internship position on the website of RIM, after about 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and said that one group wants to interview with me. The phone interview is scheduled about 1 week later.

Interview Questions:
    First part: network related
    What will happen after I open a browser and type www.google.com?
    When I log into gmail or hotmail, how will the server identify you so next time you don’t need to login again?
    What’s the difference between sockets and ports?
    How to check how many sockets are opened in the computer?

Second part: Java related.
    What’s static field?
    What’s static method?
    What’s the difference between overloading and overwriting?
    What’s polymorphism?
    What’s the difference between abstract class and interface?
    Can we instantiate abstract class? Can we instantiate interface?
    What’s the access level in java?
    What’s the finally block?
    Can you give me an example of finally block?

Third part: programming problems
    1. give list1 and list2, suppose they are sorted in ascending order, how to check whether each element in list 2 presents in list 1. What’s the time complexity?

2. Suppose there’s no hashmap class in Java, design your own hashmap class.

3. Give an example where dead lock can happen.

4. calculate the factorial of n.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.