BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Waterloo, ON) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, as part of a co-op education process. Most of the interview was a casual conversation about my goals and education, with only one real technical question. Overall, it didn't seem like any of my previous interview experiences.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was asked to do a phone interview where they asked about experience and coursework. Soon after the interview, I was offered the job. The interview and application process was quick and easy.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Interview was average difficulty. The interviewer asked me to a few behavioral questions, preceded by few oral questions on Java. The interviewer also asked me to write a few short programs on paper.

Research Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Research intervie wRes earch in tervie w Rese arch inte rvie w Res earch interview Research interview Researc h interview R e searc h inte rv iew Res ear ch interview

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

This is actually for Cylance in Irvine. It has been acquired by Blackberry but most of the staff is still Cylance. I was interviewed by one of the Cylance guys. The interviewer was intellectually hostile. He was one of these PHD type guys and it seemed his main goal was to prove that, "You don't know what I know". lol Like peeling an onion, he just kept digging at everything I said with basically, "why?". That is till you got the point where you couldn't explain anymore because it was too detailed and he wouldn't stop till you hit a dead end.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Mountain View, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Strange. It was very quiet in the office like no one wanted to work there or was afraid to communicate with coworkers. Nice location. Interviewer was pleasant and business like. Business is not heading in the right direction. Feels political based on what was shared.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a ten minute face-to-face interview with one of the senior managers.

Heard back sometime later and was offered an interview. It lasted about 2 hours and was split between two panels, one focusing on behavioral questions and the other focusing more on technical.

Incredibly enjoyable experience, the people were interesting and it wasn't like talking to a brick wall like other places.

Quick responses and kept in touch throughout the entire process.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I received an email form a recruiter and was asked to bring my resume to an interview that was being held at a hotel. They had time slots allotted for each of the candidates and everyone waited in a waiting room while they were being called in.

Interview Questions

• Very disorganized and were very technical questions for a role that was described as a PM role.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlackBerry in February 2019.

Interview

Just an awful experience...it is clear why Blackberry is in such bad shape.

I applied online. HR contacted me to set an interview time...it took almost 2 weeks for to get something scheduled since the HR person was so unresponsive.

Anyway, the phone interview starts and its like talking to a 24 year zombie straight out of college...she obviously didn't want to be there. I answer a couple of questions and try to ask a couple myself...to which I got the reply "We have limited time and I have to get through all of these questions".

Ok, so be it...the questions were just terrible...ambiguous and ones that a new college grad would be asked rather than someone who would be managing a global team of sales people. When I asked her to clarify a question or two she said ..."i don't know, just answer the question".

I couldn't take the big company corporate junk anymore and ended the interview.

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great. They asked me about the role, skills and why I would like to join the company. The recruiter was kind enough to explained in detail about the company, team and the role.
    They were proactive in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested with the position?
      What is product marketing that you like?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (San Ramon, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was done really professionally with 3 individuals who had some good questions. Asked to draw designs on the board and describe how you would go about the design and configuration. Also, provided design simulations and asked how you would troubleshoot L2 -L7. The interview was great but the problem is that I never got anything back not even a rejection. I sent to follow-up emails with a thank you letter and never got anything back. This is a bit frustrating since I wanted to know how I did so I can have a better approach for the future. For that reason, my rating is neutral, although it was a good experience the communication needs some work.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the future in networking looks like?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.