BlackBerry Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

BlackBerry Interview Questions

Interviews at BlackBerry

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Send you the question beforehand, and you have the night. Next day you attend the interview and answer the questions.
    No personality questions. All technical.
    Nice Employees there and very helpful

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process involves a phone screen, then a 4 1/2 hour long on-site interview. Most of the interview questions resolved around performance testing methodologies. There are only a few in-depth technical questions around database and python scripting.

Interview Questions

• How to read a csv file and processed texts in python?   1 Answer

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

I received an email form a recruiter and was asked to bring my resume to an interview that was being held at a hotel. They had time slots allotted for each of the candidates and everyone waited in a waiting room while they were being called in.

Interview Questions

• Very disorganized and were very technical questions for a role that was described as a PM role.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone and In Person interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard: you are screened on the phone first; a manager describes the position and high level need for a hire. Then asks about the reason the candidate is on the market. Some questions on past work. If satisfied, it then goes to the technical team. Typical technical questions: sorting, linked list to code on the board; questions on work done in the previous companies.

Interview Questions

• Write a linked list add and delete functions on the board.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry in April 2012.

Interview

Phone screening followed by on site interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Can negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

After an initial phone screen, walked into a recruiting event and went thru 3 rounds of interview- one technical, one behavioral and one HR.

Interview Questions

• None too difficult. Discussion on quick sort, its run time complexity, basic OOP concepts. Few questions related to Polymorphism and Java specific class definitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The HR came back with an offer and we went back and forth a couple of times before I accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was pretty quick. They needed people ASAP at the time I started there. Regular intervirew questions, not that much technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them I got another offer higher from another company, they raised their offer by 10K.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Milford, CT (US)).

Interview

I gave them my resume at a college career fair. They contacted me a few weeks later and set up a phone interview.

The phone interview consisted of a coding problem, which you had to solve using Google docs while the interviewer watches you. The interviewer was very nice and we fixed a couple bugs in my code together.

Next I had an on-site interview which lasted all day. I met with 8 different people from the company for 6 interviews and a lunch period. Almost all of the interviews were technical in nature. This includes coding, drawing software diagrams on a whiteboard, and verbally answering some questions. Once again everyone was very nice and they make it very easy for you to succeed.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlackBerry (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

I have applied for the software engineer internship position on the website of RIM, after about 3 weeks, the recruiter contacted me and said that one group wants to interview with me. The phone interview is scheduled about 1 week later.

Interview Questions:
    First part: network related
    What will happen after I open a browser and type www.google.com?
    When I log into gmail or hotmail, how will the server identify you so next time you don’t need to login again?
    What’s the difference between sockets and ports?
    How to check how many sockets are opened in the computer?

Second part: Java related.
    What’s static field?
    What’s static method?
    What’s the difference between overloading and overwriting?
    What’s polymorphism?
    What’s the difference between abstract class and interface?
    Can we instantiate abstract class? Can we instantiate interface?
    What’s the access level in java?
    What’s the finally block?
    Can you give me an example of finally block?

Third part: programming problems
    1. give list1 and list2, suppose they are sorted in ascending order, how to check whether each element in list 2 presents in list 1. What’s the time complexity?

2. Suppose there’s no hashmap class in Java, design your own hashmap class.

3. Give an example where dead lock can happen.

4. calculate the factorial of n.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.