Found 2,538 of over 3K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Tech
3 hours ago
I am a Sr IT PM, Scrum Master, Financial Analyst, have a Masters in Project Management, and 10 years of experience working as a consultant to the government within the IT healthcare industry. I am so bored with this work. I’m in school for Astrobiology and considering also getting a Designing and Building AI Products and Services certification from MIT xPro because I believe AI is the future and one of the more exciting areas to work in. Considering this, where might I look for roles?
Got a burning question about BlackBerry? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with BlackBerry employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "great people to work with and interesting work" (in 330 reviews)
- "RIM pays a few ticks better then most companies and their benefits and such are very good." (in 252 reviews)
- "Good salary if you are not supposed to commute as I did for a while" (in 124 reviews)
- "You get to work with lot of smart people and the pay is good." (in 119 reviews)
- "Can't really think of any? Work life balance is good but that's because nobody returns your calls." (in 113 reviews)
- "poor management and leader ship" (in 169 reviews)
- "They company had lots of layoffs back then." (in 88 reviews)
- "You'll have senior leadership being consulted for relatively minor decisions that managers should be empowered to make." (in 65 reviews)
- "Too many managers and team leads" (in 57 reviews)
- "'The senior management wasn't that receptive to change'" (in 41 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BlackBerry and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 26, 2023Technical Support AnalystFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWaterloo, ON
The company has a good reputation and the workers are friendly. The office is nice. Great opportunity to learn.
The company's performance is decreasing, which means that there will be no bonus for employees. Additionally, the CEO has recently resigned from the company.
- 1.0Nov 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
None, zip, zilch, zero, nada
No culture, don’t care about employees, no focus, no direction, no communication from top - stay away.
- 3.0Nov 26, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsWaterloo, ON
They provide decent benefits. Competitive pay.
Leadership was in chaos. Top-heavy. Declining prospects.
- 5.0Nov 14, 2023Senior Financial AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWaterloo, ON
Professional company with loads of learning potential
Job Insecurity in a volatile market.
- 4.0Nov 12, 2023AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Great work life/balance, flexibility, managers are great to work with
Below par salary compared to other employers
- 3.0Nov 8, 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOttawa, ON
Salary is good Manager is nice
Some people is not interested in the technology
BlackBerry Reviews FAQs
BlackBerry has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 3,308 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at BlackBerry to a friend and 33% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
51% of BlackBerry employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BlackBerry 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.