Berenberg Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Berenberg Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Berenberg Bank

3.1

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank.

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. Scheduled a middle round interview through their online portal as directed and was not called during the time slot I had chosen almost two weeks prior. After about 15 minutes of waiting I called their office, where I was told to wait up to an hour after the scheduled interview for them to call me. Proceeded to wait this amount of time and got nothing in return. Called them again and was told to email them to set up another time. Took them almost two days to email me back with simply telling me to select a new time on their online portal. Online portal has no new times available, so I contacted them through email yet again. This time I was told to just check the portal every day in case something opens up. I have no idea how this company functions with such an incompetence.

Investment Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank (Telephone, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Global Graduate Programme. After completing the tests and submitting my CV I was invited for telephone interview, which I had to book for over a month away. It went OK I though all the questions are pretty predictable.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I had multiple phone interviews. They consisted of technical and behavioural questions. The interviewer was friendly. Assessed basic finance and accounting knowledge. The process went relatively fast. The calls lasted no longer than 30 minutes each.

International Graduate Programee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank.

Interview

First Round is a telephone interview, around 30 minutes. Talk about you and your CV. Why Berenberg, why the graduate program and why should they pick you. I am waiting for the answer if I made it to the second round.

Equity Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. Half of the interview was behavioral and the other half was focused mostly on macroeconomic questions. The lady I interviewed with was calling from London and she was very polite. I won't know for another week or so if I get the next round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me 3 big events that occurred in the last few months and what they meant for the markets, and finally your opinion on their impact.   Answer Question
    • How is the U.S. economy doing right now? Why?   Answer Question
    • Why Berenberg?   Answer Question

International Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Initial Phone interview, then a face to face interview, both very similar. An unexpected Skype stage was added later after application, which was competency based. Followed by an Assessment Centre

International Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Telephone
    Face to face interview - includes a mental maths test, HR go through a list of questions you answer to - technicals are very important here - know exactly what equity research and asset management are
    Assessment centre (Competency, technical, group exercise, individual presentation stock pitch)

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got through to the phone interview round. The interviewer was incredibly disinterested and was 45 minutes late calling me. It was clear that she had a set of questions to ask, there was no dialogue just question-answer. Disappointed.

International Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank (London, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

10 minutes maths test followed by asking questions about your CV and why Berenberg and this programme. was a face to face interview with one person. The maths test was quite difficult

Interview Questions

• If i gave you £1000 what would you invest in?
      Whats FTSE 100 trading at?
      Whats the P/E Ratio
      Whats the interest rate?
      Whats the inflation rate?   Answer Question

International Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Berenberg Bank.

Interview

I would rate this experience as negative. Firstly, they call me late. Questions were pretty easy but the guy was uninterested and bored, I really had the impression to talk to a robot.

Interview Questions

• what is the P/E ratio
      pitch me a stock
      what are the 3 main accounting documents   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.