Bananatag Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

Employee Referral8%
Other5%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems (Kelowna, BC) in Jun 2021

Interview

Overall great experience and with genuine people. There was constant communication and follow ups throughout the process. 3 interviews total 1- Submitted recorded answers to initial interview questions 2 - Technical interview 3 - Behavioral Interview

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time and how you dealt with conflict.
    Answer Question

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in Jun 2021

Interview

The hiring process was smooth and clear. I really enjoyed talking to the hiring manager and the team. The first interview was with Sr People & Culture Business Partner by phone, we briefly talked about my experience and they covered some information about Bananatag. The second interview was with the hiring manager, we talked a lot about my background and experience and about the processes inside the company. The 3d interview was a value interview, it's pretty much the same as the behavior interview. I really appreciated it that Sr People & Culture Business Partner was involved in the whole process, and let me know what to expect from the upcoming interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Why Bananatag? Tell us about some challenging situations at work and how did you deal with them?

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems

Interview

Normal interview process. Totally 3 rounds. Initial phone screening where they will ask general questions like experience, salary expectation, why this company, etc. Then interview with team members where technical questions will be asked.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems (Vancouver, BC) in May 2021

Interview

Had an interview and a take-home assignment. These 2 simple stages took a whole 4 weeks to get through. The overall experience was not very pleasant: communication was very delayed on the company side and on one occasion clearly meant for a different candidate. A week after submitting the assignment I received a generic rejection email without explanation or comments. I spent 2 hours completing the assignment and believe that I successfully solved the challenge except for a small inefficiency so I asked the I could get any explanation on why I was rejected. Alas, no response.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a junior engineer you're mentoring is stuck on a problem? Take-home assignment was a moderately complex data manipulation in node.js.

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in May 2021

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: first consists of a video interview on their platform answering around 10 questions, 2nd round- more of a culture-fit hour long interview with the team, 3rd round is a more technical interview with situational questions with the team. After all the interviews it is followed by a background check.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle time management? Why do you want to work at Bananatag as an SDR?

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview was not intimidating at all. It felt like an open and honest conversation. They do not grill you in the interview but rather want to give you an opportunity to showcase your skills and achievements.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied online and got invited for the video interview process within a few days. I also got a chance to speak with Bananatag's Director of Partnership who helped me understand the role and what was expected of the candidate. I really appreciate her taking the time as not too many hiring managers will provide you with this opportunity. In the end, the role was not a fit for me but I did appreciate the time that Susan Tommy took to have the call. Thank you again, Susan!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your work experience and about yourself. Why Bananatag?

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in Feb 2021

Interview

I completed the online application, did a preliminary recorded video interview, a zoom technical interview with the hiring manager and people and culture, then a values interview with a team member and hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bananatag Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems in Feb 2021

Interview

I would say that the interview/hiring process was fairly positive overall. Everyone has been accommodating from the get-go and always followed up when they said they would. I'm really looking forward to joining the team! I didn't expect the one-way interview to be so detailed but understand that it's also not always easy to coordinate phone screens for remote hires due to timezone differences.

Interview Questions
  • What's your proudest accomplishment? What type of environment do you work best in? What would your manager or past/current colleagues say about you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bananatag Systems (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process started with an in-house recruiter and a basic phone screen and was then told that there will be a coding challenge. Two weeks go by and I re-reach out as I expected one, then was given a problem by email with little to prepare for and just a "surprise, here it is." After completing it, the next day, the recruiter stated that they were impressed and wanted to bring me in for the next round and asked for times, which was provided. Two more weeks go by without a response, after which the recruiter apologized stating that the company was prioritizing hiring elsewhere but would bring me in for an interview, which was with an engineering manager, a developer, and a PM. This was largely behavioural/trivial with a design question. After which I have not heard from them since. I would presume that they already filled the role but the least you could do as a recruiter is update your leads, even if you do fill.

Interview Questions
  • I was first asked general background questions. The take-home challenge question was a JavaScript function based on file input. The in-person round was predominantly behavioural and trivia questions based around Node.js/JavaScript.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews