Bananatag Systems Reviews

Found 59 of over 59 reviews

4.7
Bananatag Systems CEO Corey Wagner
Corey Wagner
Pros
  • "I get to work with great people and the company has some big goals(in 9 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is celebrated(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I started at Bananatag just over two years ago when we were really starting to grow(in 7 reviews)

• "All of the bad things about working at Bananatag can be chalked up to growing pains, as the company has grown rapidly in the last few years(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Mar 15, 2021 - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management, Culture, People, Perks, Vacation

Cons

Resistance to change, but nothing so big.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely apply! Best Company I ever worked for!

Aug 23, 2020 - Sales Representative in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The management is very down to earth 2. They work with you on developing your skills through books, courses, and 1 on 1s 3. Parties! Cake or pie for every birthday, or whatever you want for your birthday! They celebrate everything! They pay for everyone's lunch every other Friday and a company get together. 4. They want to hear your ideas in meeting and encourage you to break out of your comfort zone. Definitely a safe space to share new ideas. 6. All jobs are straight forward and easy to learn. They are very patient with you during the training process. 7. An 8 to 4 job with weekends off, holidays galore, and so much vacation time. They really encourage you to take your vacation time. 8. They do extra activities like yoga, play sports sometimes, and go to events and fundraisers. 9. Amazing pay for entry-level, but I have heard they also pay well for the more experienced. 10. During COVID they made all of their employees remote and cared a lot about their well being. 11. They provide you with your own computer and other equipment to work. 12. People stick around for a long time because they love this job so much. I didn't stick around because I had to help family.

Cons

This not really a con, but if you are not a self-driven employee, you have hard time meeting quotas, you're someone who just likes to clock in and clock out, doesn't care about the development of the company or networking, and you don't thrive in a fast-paced environment, it is not for you. You have to be really self-driven. Once again not a con.

3. 5.0

Love my job!

Feb 19, 2021 - Manager, Customer Success in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never had such a rewarding job. The team is great and is full of people that just want to give it their all. The company really lives it values and there is tons of opportunity to make a lasting impact. Every day feels like a genuine team effort and you get to see the impact of your efforts on a daily basis.

Cons

The startup scene is not for everyone. We are now in a major growth phase and it can be hectic, it can be challenging, processes, departments, and functions are changing all the time. Folks with priorities other than really digging in and enjoying all that this environment brings might find themselves disappointed.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great company, great people, great founders

Apr 8, 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people around. No internal competition. Everyone willing to help.

Cons

New HR processes are falling behind recognizing existing employees

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Who actually brags about the company they work for? I DO!

Nov 26, 2020 - Sales Operations Coordinator in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Without laundry listing, I will say this. Bananatag is the coolest and best company I've worked for and quite possibly will. They have really put their faith in me and have allowed me to grow as a young professional. When I say it's the people that make this place special, that's no lie. They help celebrate the wins but will be there to support you during those losses. Every single person embodies at least one or more of our values every day. Which keeps us truly on the same page.

Cons

I started at Bananatag just over two years ago when we were really starting to grow. Like any high-growth company, there are typical growing pains BUT our leadership has done an incredible job of mitigating this.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company

Mar 1, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company that cares about their employees! Great management and support for every role.

Cons

None! Best company to work for.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Jan 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone works hard, but we also like to party and celebrate wins - The product team and exec leadership team keep an open dialogue with other dpts - The company embraces differences - Work-life balance is celebrated - Great benefits and vacation time - You are supported in your role

Cons

No real cons to think of

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bananatag is a fantastic place to work

Jun 17, 2020 - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom to explore solutions to problems, great people, everybody who works there loves it. If you're like me and you don't like 'cultish' work cultures, you may be offput by the banana suits, but don't be too worried, as its not imposed upon employees in any way. The 'cultlish' work culture at Bananatag has developed entirely organically, as a result of people actually enjoying their job that much.

Cons

All of the bad things about working at Bananatag can be chalked up to growing pains, as the company has grown rapidly in the last few years. None of the problems are very serious, and management is fully investing in improving every aspect of the business - and not 'top down', dictated from management, instead allowing the people who feel the pain of these issues to come up with solutions, and implement them.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

good company to work for

Apr 13, 2021 - Product Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture and fun people

Cons

nothing comes to my mind

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Mar 25, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and energetic environment good people

Cons

Growth is happening very fast

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews