BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 30 May, 2019

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Gatineau, QC) in November-2013.

Interview

Première entrevue téléphonique - valide les grandes lignes du CV et l'employabilité du candidat
    Deuxième entrevue en personne - deux gestionnaires présent. Évalue comment le candidat se fera une place au sein de l'équipe et contribuera au succès de celle-ci

Interview Questions

• Parlez-moi d'une situation où vous avez fait preuve d'initiative.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Un entretien téléphonique et un entretien avec la directrice de succursale et la directrice adjointe. L'entrevue etait facile et a duré une heure à peu près. Tout le processus d'embauche à pris trois jours. Ça été assez rapide.

Conseiller-Vente Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC) in June-2018.

Interview

1.)Applied online. Three weeks later had an online simulation ( Tip: write notes very quickly, they dont let you go back and they'll test you on it) + about 20 behavioral questions.
    2) 40 minute interview. One on one. She was very punctual. Went over my cv then asked told me more about the training.
    She switched from English to French throughout the interview because I said I was bilingual, which is the norm here in Montreal.

Interview Questions

• You receive a call from an angry customer because his credit card isn't working. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Why did you quit your last job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had lots of difficulties with you teammates how did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received great customer service   1 Answer

Conseiller Clientèle Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Montreal, QC) in November-2018.

Interview

L'entretien s'est très bien déroulé. J'ai reçu un acceuil chaleureux et peu formel qui m'a tout de suite mise tout de suite en confiance. Cela m'a permis de répondre aux questions de façon claire , en restant sereine.

Interview Questions

• On m'a demandé où est-ce que je voudrais travailler dans 5 ans? À quelle poste et pourquoi? La question m'avait été posé pour savoir si j,entrevoyais un futur au sein de la banque après la présentation sommaire qui m'avait été faite.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Au début il faut passer un entretien par téléphone avec RH, et en suite un entrevue avec le directeur de la succursale, dans mon cas, j'ai passé un autre entrevue avec un directeur d'une autre succursale aussi afin de voir dans laquelle je serai mieux

Performance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in December-2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and explained very detail about the position and company. The interview itself had behavioral and technical questions (related with financial valuation skills). The interview lasted around 30 mins.

Lead Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in December-2013.

Interview

Very quick but I had an excellent insider recommendation that carried immense clout. As such, the process was definitely expedited. Phone, then in-person committee interview, offer within a day, background check. I was satisfied with the process. Very satisfied in fact. Extremely satisfied. Elatedly satisfied. You could say I was satisfied in less than 50 words but I'm required to pad my response for the filter.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate. Cited an industry average that I justified. Actually an educated guess. We agreed on amount slightly over 50% of the difference between initial offer and my counter within a day or so.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

2 HR phone interviews, 2 on-site with hiring manager and team leader

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face, questions regarding expectations

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

All through campus recruiting. First round on campus, second round in Toronto. First round was just a resume review, and a couple of questions, namely the prices of certain commodities and to talk about an equity you like and why. Round two was a typical 4 interview day, where 3 were behavioural and one was technical.

Interview Questions

• Just technical accounting and finance questions you'd expect in a finance interview. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.