Found 6,935 of over 8K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good benefits and comparable to other banks" (in 551 reviews)
- "People are great and nice and want you to advance in your career" (in 416 reviews)
- "Culture is great and consistent." (in 288 reviews)
- "Good work life balance is good" (in 271 reviews)
- "Good place to work and have good manager support." (in 177 reviews)
- "low pay and last to get pay increase" (in 310 reviews)
- "Poor management and lack of consideration of service worker abuse." (in 249 reviews)
- "Low salary for hard and overloaded work" (in 227 reviews)
- "Long hours and when your paid a salary (fixed amount per week) you dont get paid overtime." (in 77 reviews)
- "Senior leadership very often incompetent" (in 61 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of BMO Financial Group and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Dec 4, 2023Investor AdvisorFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
Nice office given downtown location
Training is very bad. Need to take proper sales and marketing courses instead of 3 months of nonsense.
- 4.0Dec 5, 2023Equity AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
good people, good culture, decent benefits
bank bureaucracy will show up often, promotions are based more on experience than performance.
- 4.0Dec 1, 2023Client Relations SpecialistFormer EmployeeMontreal, QC
Will invest in employee training and skills and having a great team culture (dependent on team).
Slow to progress. Need patience and awards to move from one role to another.
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Personal Banking Associate (PBA)Current Employee, more than 1 yearQuebec, QC
Flexible schedule, BMO adapts to my schedule even though I am in school. Great relationship with co-workers
You have a pressure to perform, but if you like challenge this is the place for you.
BMO Financial Group Reviews FAQs
BMO Financial Group has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 8,173 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at BMO Financial Group to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
73% of BMO Financial Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BMO Financial Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.