BC SPCA Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at BC SPCA

BC SPCA

Application

I interviewed at BC SPCA

Interview

Very open and transparent process. Before each interview I was instructed on what is expected that enabled me to come prepared and meet the team. I was also asked to bring my questions that helped me get to know the team better and clarify the job details

Interview Questions
  • What are the benefits of having an LMS system?
    1 Answer

BC SPCA

Application

I interviewed at BC SPCA

Interview

2 interviews were conducted with the organization, the first with one person, the second with 3 people. The interviews went well, the conversation was interesting and I learned what I needed about the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BC SPCA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BC SPCA in Feb 2021

Interview

Very long interview process. Had one 30 minute phone interview and then a 45 minute 'face to face' interview. They asked me what I expected for pay in the first phone call and made sure I was aware that they are a not for profit. The process was so long that I was pretty soured by the whole situation; It didn't seem like they really cared about getting this process finished. I also got laughed at during the interview, which was definitely a first.

Interview Questions
  • Hardest one was them asking if I'm ok with euthanasia. They 'never euthanize healthy animals'. They also ask about how you interact with your employees. There are a lot of questions where they create a scenario and ask you what you' do. One question was 'A dog got picked up without any id. He was found roaming some neighbourhood. A man comes to pick him up and upon arrival is told that it will be $X amount to get his dog out of the shelter (they charge to pick up your dog and they automatically microchip the dog, so they charge you for that as well, as far as I understand). The man gets mad - what do you do?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC SPCA (Vancouver, BC) in Jan 2020

Interview

The interview process was quite easy. They called me a few hours after I submitted my application online for a brief phone screening. The next day I was sent an email for an in-person interview offer one week later. After the in-person interview, they got back to me within five days.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a donor donating for an animal cruelty case asked for more information that had not been disclosed to the public yet?

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BC SPCA (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2019

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. I first had a phone interview, then an in person interview where the manager and a senior staff member interviewed me. I felt it helped to interview them as well "what keeps you passionate about shelter work?" "what do you think sets this shelter apart from others?" etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC SPCA (Victoria, BC) in Apr 2019

Interview

It was a panel interview with 2 questions coming from each member of the panel. It was a great way to meet the team and connect to people. I was also allowed to ask questions which gave me an opportunity to dive into the company culture and get to know it a little bit better.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of relevant questions have been asked like how you work with Subject Matter Expert or how would employees benefit from using LMS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BC SPCA (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Email requesting phone interview. Wait 2 weeks. Schedule phone pre-interview next day. Wait 2 weeks. They schedule In person interview. Go in for interview. Never heard back from them after emailing twice.

Interview Questions
  • How involved have you been in fundraising, because that's 60% of the job.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Comox, BC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC SPCA (Comox, BC)

Interview

New hiring processes are more involved than mine was. Most new hires come from the volunteer pool and are required to undergo training in animal care, management and procedural policy. These things are supposed to be universal but may vary from shelter to shelter.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about euthanasia?
RSS Feed</>Embed