BAE Systems USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 4 Dec, 2018

2.5

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosslyn, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Rosslyn, VA (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

Very professional and an amazingly quick process. Panel format, took about an hour. Scheduling was very easy and the information provided prior to the interview was quite helpful. They even had a bottle of water on the conference room table, which was a nice touch.

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA.

Interview

Initially they contacted for a phone interview. Asked pretty standard questions. Know your resume, why you want to work there, and how the job can benefit both you and the company (make sure it's a good balance between the two). In my case there was then an in-person interview on site. I talked to three separate people from various levels of management. Again, questions are pretty standard, but there are some more "how did you work out a problem you faced in the past year", "this is a fast paced business, how will you be able to handle multiple tasks thrown at you at once", etc. They then contact you with feedback.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of… I know you are still in college and may still be unsure of your future but where do you see yourself ending up? What kind of company? culture? etc.   1 Answer

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (McLean, VA (US)) in February-2008.

Interview

Recruiter called after initial referral was made. An initial phone interview was conducted. Offcial application was sent to be completed prior to the face to face. Multiple 1 on 1 interviews were conducted on the same day. After approval, an offer was extended with a validity period. After the offer was signed with a 2 week turnaround to start, on-boarding process stared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate. Negotiate agressively and show your worth tangiblly.

Contracts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Fort Worth, TX (US)) in November-2010.

Interview

Applied on line, then two rounds of in person interviews. They interviewed 38 people for the job. spent some time looking for the right person and the right price. good overall

Negotiation

offer / accepted

Contracts Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA in January-2015.

Interview

Brief phone interviews with intense questions. For second and third interviews, given very late notice of interview (told the day before I had one). I was given two phone interviews and due to my inflexible start date I was not given the position. My first interview was flowing and great, no terribly intense and I was given a week's notice. Then the second interview I was told the day before that I had an interview and the questions caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were angry? Describe a moment where you felt defeated?   Answer Question

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Boston, MA (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. I was asked to take a test reviewing a contract. The interviewers then went over what I thought of the contract they presented and why.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Auburn Hills, MI (US)).

Interview

Multiple Mini Interviews with Senior/Staff engineers. Each interview with 1-2 staff engineers was about 10 minutes. Different interviewers asked different types of questions. Not terribly stressful which means a lot of the offers are based on personality/how well they think you mesh with people in the team.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (Sterling Heights, MI (US)).

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was 30 minutes long with the hiring manager. Was told to wait 2 weeks for the next steps. Got a call from HR in a week asking about relocation and an offer 2 days afterwards. Never saw the facility.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 consecutive interviews with individuals at the company. No one really asked me any technical questions. Two were software developers and one was a project manager.

The most technical aspect of any of these interviews was explaining concepts behind past projects.

All of them were easygoing to talk to. I don't think I would have had any issues working with any of them.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems USA (San Diego, CA (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

Applied online, about two weeks later I received an email for an in person interview. I scheduled the interview based off of 4 dates they offered. Talent acquisition was very responsive with emails and questions I had.

The interview process was estimated to last 3.5 hours. They give a presentation on the BAE company and what they offer and then they put you through three interviews lasting about 45 minutes each. Three different engineers from different projects so they have different things to discuss and try to get a feel for what experiences you've had (school or work) that could relate to what they're doing. All of them seemed very knowledgable and down to earth. The experience was nerve wrecking but also ended up being pretty fun.

Interview Questions

• Interested in my experiences and what they're teaching in school nowadays   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.