Automotive Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Interviews at Automotive Artificial Intelligence

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Automotive Artificial Intelligence

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Automotive Artificial Intelligence (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2019.

Interview

After I sent in my application, a Python coding challenge was received. Overall 14 python questions, 4 'advanced' questions, and 2 practical exercises in 60 minutes. For the python questions (Warning: This is Python 2.7), one can easily use their own IDE for getting the result. However, I chose not to and answered them to the best of my knowledge. Overall, they contain regular expressions, tricky logic operators, operations, etc. The test was easy and doable but given the amount of tasks in 1 hour, which mostly tested general python knowledge, I could safely classify it as a pile of garbage. The variable names in the practical challenge were set by a complete idiot, without regard to any good practices whatsoever. The python questions themselves were completely useless and are absolutely not going to be predictive of job success in their current format.

To sum up, this test was a joke. I am very glad and fortunate that I didn't pass it.

Senior C++ Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Automotive Artificial Intelligence in June 2018.

Interview

A very nice recruiter approached me on LinkedIn. The position sounded very interesting so I did send my CV and applied. I was doing an online test with the online platform: mettl. The test was 60 minutes long and consisted of some multiple choice questions plus two hands-on coding examples. Overall I would say the test was rather easy but I must have messed it up.

QUESTIONS
    The questions were almost no C++ questions but plain C questions. There were really weird questions as such: "What is the output of cout << a > 3 +7 != x ? or will this code even compile?". I mean seriously nobody should be allowed to checkin that confusing code in the first place. The only C++ related things that you couldn't do in C were that some basic object orientation and there were two or three questions about inheritance -> C with classes. No questions about the stl, smart-pointers, threading, templates or any more advanced things.

HANDS-ON-EXAMPLE
    The first example was very easy, some very simple algorithm. Still I had a bug in there and could not figure out why a multiplication of 10 * 1 resulted in a value of 102. Since they didn't reply to my question I am still convinced that there was something wrong with the online-compiler. However there's a slight chance I have overlooked something.
    In the second example you should debug some code and fix some algorithm. I didn't really have time to look into this because I got stuck with the first example. Moreover the example code was written very poorly (no bound arrays, bad variable names, unstructured data, c-style-casts, ...).
    Overall I guess I didn't do well in the test so I understand why someone would reject me by looking purely at the result. The reason why I have to leave negative feedback is mainly that the test is actually really bad for testing advanced C++ and Software-Engineering skills (and I do not say this to rant). The style of the test was far from clean and modern C++ or advanced in any way.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.