Aecon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Aecon Interview Questions

Updated 21 Sep, 2018

2.7

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Lynnwood, WA (US)) in June-2012.

Interview

I applied through the university I study in. They contacted after 3 days confirming they received my application. After 2 week I got email saying my resume is still under review and they will contact me within 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks a senior manager called me and invited to his office for interview.

On the interview there were 2 senior managers including the one who called me. The next day after the interview they called me and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer to have
      1) a task with given "step-by-step" completion recommendations
      2) just an overall goal that you have to accomplish, and if you stay within the area of allowed actions - you are good, so you can decide in which way you are going to accomplish the goal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a starting day (they were looking for a person starting right away, I am starting a month later)

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON) in July-2015.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and helpful in helping the candidate understand the requirements and expectations. The firm was upfront in helping the candidate understand the work environment, the nature of the project and also identify possible avenues for growth and transition once the project is completed.

Junior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Calgary, AB) in June-2015.

Interview

Initial phone screen by an employee in HR. Invited to another group interview with a Human Resources recruiter and a senior project coordinator. The interview question were standard behavioral questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowmanville, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aecon (Bowmanville, ON) in January-2017.

Interview

Terrible, had to provide copy of birth certificate, passport, driver's license, mother's maiden name and provide a copy of my degree. Also required, the filling out of an application that required 3 references older than 3 years, with phone #s and names of previous supervisors. An email was sent to me the day before the interview (on a Sunday), asking for all the above to be brought to the interview the next morning. They asked for and took this info after a short 1st interview. Within 2 days I received an email informing me that I did not get the job. I highly recommend, not complying with the above information.

Interview Questions

• What initiatives have you undertaken in any of your last positions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Edmonton, AB) in April-2013.

Interview

Many interviews with various people. One interviewer missed appointments and was at the wrong address for the meeting. Comp disucssed was compeltely different from the actual offer. STI and LTI was taken out and the salary was well below what was provided for verbally.

Interview Questions

• How to connect with the people that are already there and wnated the position themselves.   Answer Question

Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Ottawa, ON) in March-2015.

Interview

Applied and was offered a skype interview. Got the job and it was a very laid back interview. They were also very good with corresponding afterwards and very professional. Allowed me to start whenever I needed to.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Service Desk Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people 1 from HR and the other from IT.
    HR lady was very rude and very-unprofessional, I was amazed and not sure how did she become HR personal with that kind of behavior and personality.. example of one of her rude phrase.. "" I know the Team Lead Position is a very fancy and beautiful but why did you apply for it? they really need to train people in that company... specially HR people like her who conduct interviews, they should at least know how to talk with other human beings.

IT Technical questions were very good and he was very professional.

Interview Questions

• By HR Lady... I know the Team Lead Position is a very fancy and beautiful position but why did you apply for it?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aecon (Cambridge, ON) in March-2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR manager to setup interview. Interview was nice and straight forward. Very nice and qualified people.
    Excellent experience. Second interview was with project team, they were more technical but great people. Overall very good company and had fun even during the interview process. HR was very helpul.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON) in June-2015.

Interview

First I had a phone screening interview then I was invited to meet with project manager and CAD lead, I was asked CAD question to test my skills. Went through technical information in telecommunication, my role in relative past experience

Interview Questions

• my role in my previous position   1 Answer

Full Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aecon (Toronto, ON) in January-2015.

Interview

Received a phone call asking if I have a time to talk. Set up a phone interview. Human Resources was very nice but was directly to the point. I had a bad feeling that they had a real candidate in mind and they just performed the interview because they needed to show that Aecon is an equal employer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?
      Tell me about you work experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.