iTutorGroup Reviews

Updated Mar 3, 2021

iTutorGroup Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer Eric Yang
Eric Yang
Pros
Cons
  • "I was also surprised at the extremely low base rate for adult lessons(in 82 reviews)

• "the base pay starts off very low as a south african(in 78 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"You can climb fast if you do more hours"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Online ESL Tutor in Toronto, ON

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time for less than a year

Pros

After you reach a certain amount of hours each month all of your pay is switched, so so far I did just of 50 hours in a month and made it to $18.20/ hour. (Canadian Dollars) They will also give you an overall lifetime hours bounus. I really enjoy this aspect

Cons

Maybe the minimum wage in your country is very low, bit this the 'base wage'

2. "ITG"

Current Employee - Native English Teacher in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time

Pros

Flexible hours. and easy cancellations.

Cons

Too many teachers, too few students.

3. "iTutorGroup English Consultant"

Current Employee - Online English Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time

Pros

Work with many different types of people and have students of all ages Flexible hours

Cons

Some last minute class bookings can be stressful Don't get paid for clients' last minute cancellations

4. "New management in 2020"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Online ESL Tutor in Calgary, AB

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom in planning your life

Cons

Poor support . You are just a number.

Continue reading
  5. "Great experience so far!"

Current Employee - Online ESL Teacher in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, and when the students are motivated, it is very rewarding and can be a lot of fun!

Cons

no cons come to mind

6. "Online teaching"

Former Employee - ESL Online Teacher in Toronto, ON

I worked at iTutorGroup part-time for more than a year

Pros

flexible schedule, bookings are provided, training provided

Cons

pay is average, weekend work and have to work during prime hours

7. "online teaching"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Whitecourt, AB
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are a morning person this could be a good job for you to earn some extra bucks. The incentives were very competitive when I started but still remain fair.

Cons

The main attraction for me was bonus, which are hard to get when students don’t leave a rating after the class.

July 6, 2020Senior Systems Analyst

Thanks for sharing your experience of working with iTutorGroup! While we cannot force students to leave their feedback (as this is voluntary), we do engage in every possible effort to encourage our students in doing so as this will increase the algorithm's adaptability. Having said that, we will always be reviewing our current policy based on consultant's and student's feedback. Any concrete suggestion is more than welcome.

8. "Flexible sched"

Current Employee - Consultant in Toronto, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at iTutorGroup full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work environment and flexible sched

Cons

Some of my booking are not scheduled

April 12, 2020Senior Systems Analyst

Thanks for sharing your experience of working with iTutorGroup! Having a flexible and reliable schedule is always considered as one of the most attractive features of online teaching. With the large scale of student base, we are proud to say that you will get most of your bookings filled, especially during peak hours! Happy teaching!

"BS Algorithms, Poor Scheduling and Pay"

1.0
    Current Employee - Consultant in Calgary, AB

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work remotely from home - the only benefit

Cons

Low Pay, extremely low pay if you don’t live in UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. The pay is even lower if you’re not a native speaker. I have no problem with a performance based compensation system tied to client ratings. It is the only way the company can efficiently evaluate all the consultants. What I question is the opaqueness in the ratings systems and the lack of transparency in scheduling. I have a rating of 9.90 for the past 200 classes. No absences, no cancellations. Yet I’m barely getting classes. On top of that, scheduled classes are being taken away from me hours before start time. I’ve written numerous times to them to complain about the scheduling. The response I got was ‘you are not good enough’ and ‘students don’t like you’. I have evidence from a regular student of mine that they purposely schedule the student away from me. The truth is, they manually schedule students, a lot. So if you happen to be on the bad side of their book, you’re doomed. Oh, did I mention how opaque their ratings system is which led me to question its reliability? I have evidence showing that a student gave me a positive rating but it failed to show up on my Feedback Report! And therefore, it doesn’t show up on my payroll. But the student gave me a rating. This company cheats, lies, and deceives.

"Very poor management and work ethics"

2.0
    Current Employee - English As A Second Language Teacher in Toronto, ON

I have been working at iTutorGroup part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and good students!

Cons

Pay rate is very low

Continue reading

March 30, 2020Senior Systems Analyst

Thanks for your feedback. We are sorry for our bad experience with us. There are many opportunities available to teachers to raise the pay rate. For example, qualified teachers can choose to write lesson plans or teacher a special sessions and teachers who are rated high constantly receives compounding 5% base rate increases automatically. We would like to hear more about your troubles with management. Please send us a message at teachersupport@itutorgroup.com so we can address and resolve any issues you are facing.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 577 English Reviews