goeasy Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "With this being more of a career than a job: work life balance gets compromised" (in 27 reviews)

• "Plan to have no family life working for them there is absolutely "no work/life balance" they don't care about your well being" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I ever worked for."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Timmins, ON
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Timmins, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I been with GoEasy for 2 years, and I just love my job. Here is my list of pros; They have incentives every month to win bonuses, clothing, food, extra weeks off, birthdays off paid, and much more. If you are a top performer you have a chance to travel to different places in the world. They offer full benefits after 3 months of employment. Everyone at GoEasy has a chance to move up and better themselves, for me it only took 6 months and I became a assistant store manager. The whole company works as a big team to help you get your targets achieve to win bonus every month. Employees can purchase furniture at cost and get loans through the company at next to no interest to help their associates in their personal life. This company offers so much and I feel they truly do care about all of us, I can keep going on but I think this sums most of it up.

Cons

It is a very fast pace environment and is a challenge everyday. I find that the biggest challenge is that there is too much store promotions, and it can be difficult to get our store ready and get motivated for the next promotions. Other than that its a wonderful work environment.

Advice to Management

Try a different approach with sales, we need more time to setup our stores.

2. "STORE MANAGER"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

David Ingram and Jason Mullings leadership rocks !They are forward thinking individuals that bring up the value of the company and the people working for it.

Cons

No cons that I can think off since I am still here after 15 years. Like every company there are up and downs during the years. But the overall result is a positive plus.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking by striving to be one the best employers in Canada. There are always twist and turns but keeping your heads held high in integrity and positive energy will help push us forward to a bright future.

"Growing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hamilton, ON

I worked at goeasy (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to learn and grow with an amazing leadership team and incentive plan for employees.

Cons

Contact Centre Technology is a work in progress. Instilling the vision for positive change with some employees can be tough, but this is a normal bump in the road.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, the sky is the limit for this great company and I'm grateful for the opportunity that I was given to learn and grow.

"Forcing Positive Reviews to be posted by Employees"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ottawa, ON

I worked at goeasy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of incentives like pizza lunches, gift cards etc. weekly to push sales. Monthly targets met can increase pay awards for all staff if you can manage to meet the outrageous target and all expenses paid annual trips for 4days for Branch Managers.

Cons

Watching the desperate public being conned into falling into further debt ( in most cases ) and loans with outrageous interest rates. This is why they are making so much money they are stealing from the people who can’t get approved elsewhere because their debt ratio is too high. Cha Ching!!

Advice to Management

Stop forcing staff to place raving reviews on Glassdoor to bump up your score!
    You have branch managers forcing staff to make excellent reviews on glassdoor and watching over their shoulders to make sure it’s an excellent review...sad!!
    Also Branch Managers shouldn’t have to sacrifice family time at anytime, you simply don’t pay enough to demand such.

5. "FSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment all around the company

Cons

lower chances to grow in the management field

6. "Amazing Company to work with!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Victoria, BC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Victoria, BC

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company and great bonus structure
    Management is very cooperative
    Work Life Balance
    Excellent referral bonus structure

Cons

Less pay compared to market

7. "Amazing Company with Amazing Opportunities."

Current Employee - Team Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Hamilton, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

goeasy is a newer company dedicted to it's customers and it's employees. Because of this, there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. If you are willing to work hard and embrace the goeasy culture (which is about fun, team work, social responsibility, etc) the growth opportunity is endless. I have never worked for a company that will work as hard for their employees as they work for them.

Cons

There are none at all!

8. "Best Company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company really cares about the employees, and has amazing incentives. Engagement surveys are sent to the employees on a regular basis and changes are effectively seen within the company in a reasonable amount of time. The company is constantly growing and always room to move up and to transfer within the company to different cities and provinces.
    Peer to peer coaching. Community involvement with habitat for humanity and boys and Girls clubs

Cons

No cons - really a positive company to work for.

9. "Phenomenal Place for growth.."

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great and positive environment,Excellent Compensation packages for performers, No favoritism, Lots of growth opportunities,Amazing and easy to talk to executives, hand full of great co-workers and Highly growth company with exciting incentives for employees. They exactly know how to invest in their people and push them to do better..... From CEO right down to support center they work to make things easier and better for their staff.. You feel engaged and a valuable part of company.

The best part is either you're new or and senior go easy employee;incentives, trips,recognition and shares are for everyone ....
    From the CEO right down to the bottom;Phenomenal people that's just waiting for your phone call to guide your every step of the way with whatever problem, questions or concern your may have.

Cons

Depends.... Since they are expanding targets are very aggressive for certain locations ..
    Regional Christmas gatherings should be on company :)
    Please get good quality plaques and trophies.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work this company has grown so much in past few years. You invest in your people and that is pretty evident..

10. "This is a Company that rewards your Work and Efforts"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Incentives , Chance to Bonus every Month , Medical Insurance , Good Pay , Company goes above and beyond for their Staff , Rewards hard work , Wonderful Environment to Succeed , Great Extras given Every Quarter and Year .
      I have worked in many Companies and this is the Best Place I have found . If You Work Hard you will be Paid , Recognized and rewarded like No other Place of work . It Starts from the CEO Down . They appreciate your work and efforts .

Cons

It can be a very Stressful Environment . They are Driven to Succeed and want everyone to work together for the betterment of the Company . Stress by the Company and what I put on myself is the only thing that I could see as a Con .
    But any Company wants results for the Money they pay you .

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing , Rewarding hard work , Giving back to the People working for you and offering extras for people going above and beyond .
     Proud of this Company and to work for it .