goeasy Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Canada - All CitiesFull-timePart-time

4.3

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "With this being more of a career than a job: work life balance gets compromised" (in 28 reviews)

• "Plan to have no family life working for them there is absolutely "no work/life balance" they don't care about your well being" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best company I ever worked for."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Timmins, ON
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Timmins, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I been with GoEasy for 2 years, and I just love my job. Here is my list of pros; They have incentives every month to win bonuses, clothing, food, extra weeks off, birthdays off paid, and much more. If you are a top performer you have a chance to travel to different places in the world. They offer full benefits after 3 months of employment. Everyone at GoEasy has a chance to move up and better themselves, for me it only took 6 months and I became a assistant store manager. The whole company works as a big team to help you get your targets achieve to win bonus every month. Employees can purchase furniture at cost and get loans through the company at next to no interest to help their associates in their personal life. This company offers so much and I feel they truly do care about all of us, I can keep going on but I think this sums most of it up.

Cons

It is a very fast pace environment and is a challenge everyday. I find that the biggest challenge is that there is too much store promotions, and it can be difficult to get our store ready and get motivated for the next promotions. Other than that its a wonderful work environment.

Advice to Management

Try a different approach with sales, we need more time to setup our stores.

2. "FSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkton, SK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yorkton, SK

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow within the company, supportive Management, Good training

Cons

Long work hours but overtime paid when required

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I worked at goeasy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

good opportunity for growth, flex work program, social events for employees, great culture

Cons

poor internal collaboration, high turnover, Senior management is always "too busy"

4. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Windsor, ON
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Windsor, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Easyhome off and on for 22 years. There is a reason I have come back. The pay is great, the flexibility is great, the incentives are amazing and amazing bonuses. I have met some amazing people, both customers and employees, that have become life long friends. I will not leave Easyhome ever again, I have learned my lesson.

Cons

Every company has cons and easyhome is no exception. Depends on the day, month, year, depends on what is going on. One thing I do have to say is no matter the con at the time, there are always supports with this company to help us employees through it.

Advice to Management

Better internal training, better succession planning that doesn't rely on the feedback of one manager or regional manager(I think succession planning and training should be a result of tenure and desire, not on whether your manager or regional believes you are ready) With proper training to the next level can only improve current roles even if they don't choose to take the next level opportunity.

5. "3.5 Years In and Couldn't Be Doing Better!!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the beginning I started on the bottom as a financial service rep in a low producing branch, I was making approx $35k a year not including bonuses. I thought it was going to be very hard with my past experience working with financial companies and there would be a lot of pressure.
    Though the pressure was high I learnt more than I would have ever known about credit and how to help people in tough positions to learn more. I am young and had no schooling on how to budget or maintain my own credit and without GoEasy I would have never figured it out.
    Now 3.5 years later, I am a branch manager working in one of 7 top branches across Canada, every year I have been compensated with higher wage and better vacations. I now make approx $46k not including bonuses (which will be nearly $24k this year) and by this time next year I can be making $120K not including bonuses.
    On top of GoEasy being good to its employees we also make sure to give back to communities through the "Boys and Girls Clubs of Canada" and other organisations to help both in Canada and across the world for struggling communities.
    I have traveled to 2 different provinces (and hopefully many more) I would have never seen and have met our CEO VP and SVP face to face and spoken openly about anything that has bothered me so we can make sure GoEasy is the best company to work for.
    I love working for GoEasy.

Cons

I don't have a lot of complaints for GoEasy.
    Being in one of the largest branches there is a lot to keep up on and a lot of expectations to keep up to, I like a fast paced environment so this works great for me.
    For new hires I think the pressure can, at times, be overwhelming but we compensate this as much as possible, ensuring to give proper training and work life balance.
    We do not get vacation time during December which can be hard for people who live far away from family for the holidays.

Other than that, I cant complain.

Advice to Management

If you want to move forward and make GoEasy a career, we will help you make that happen with the proper training. There is so much opportunity to move forward here and the wages are competitive.

"Growing Company"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hamilton, ON
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Hamilton, ON

I worked at goeasy (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to learn and grow with an amazing leadership team and incentive plan for employees.

Cons

Contact Centre Technology is a work in progress. Instilling the vision for positive change with some employees can be tough, but this is a normal bump in the road.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, the sky is the limit for this great company and I'm grateful for the opportunity that I was given to learn and grow.

7. "STORE MANAGER"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

David Ingram and Jason Mullings leadership rocks !They are forward thinking individuals that bring up the value of the company and the people working for it.

Cons

No cons that I can think off since I am still here after 15 years. Like every company there are up and downs during the years. But the overall result is a positive plus.

Advice to Management

Keep on rocking by striving to be one the best employers in Canada. There are always twist and turns but keeping your heads held high in integrity and positive energy will help push us forward to a bright future.

"Forcing Positive Reviews to be posted by Employees"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ottawa, ON
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ottawa, ON

I worked at goeasy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of incentives like pizza lunches, gift cards etc. weekly to push sales. Monthly targets met can increase pay awards for all staff if you can manage to meet the outrageous target and all expenses paid annual trips for 4days for Branch Managers.

Cons

Watching the desperate public being conned into falling into further debt ( in most cases ) and loans with outrageous interest rates. This is why they are making so much money they are stealing from the people who can’t get approved elsewhere because their debt ratio is too high. Cha Ching!!

Advice to Management

Stop forcing staff to place raving reviews on Glassdoor to bump up your score!
    You have branch managers forcing staff to make excellent reviews on glassdoor and watching over their shoulders to make sure it’s an excellent review...sad!!
    Also Branch Managers shouldn’t have to sacrifice family time at anytime, you simply don’t pay enough to demand such.

goeasy Response

1 Oct, 2018 – HR Business Partner

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience with goeasy. We respectfully disagree with your comments about our products and services. We take pride in being able to provide our customers... More

9. "FSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment all around the company

Cons

lower chances to grow in the management field

10. "Amazing Company to work with!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Victoria, BC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Victoria, BC

I have been working at goeasy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company and great bonus structure
    Management is very cooperative
    Work Life Balance
    Excellent referral bonus structure

Cons

Less pay compared to market