YETI Reviews

Found 225 of over 249 reviews

4.3
YETI CEO Matt Reintjes
Matt Reintjes
Pros
  • "People actually care about the core values(in 15 reviews)

• "I feel valued as an employee, challenging but stimulating work environment(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be hard to find(in 11 reviews)

• "Fast paced-growth company-always making adjustments to be better(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people

Apr 6, 2020 - Senior Territory Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company has a great vision and care

Cons

There are no real cons

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I've worked for some great companies..... but YETI takes top spot!

May 15, 2018 - Regional Sales Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team atmosphere - Fast Paced - Constantly evolving - Proud Brand advocacy - Get it done attitude required!

Cons

- Everyone asking for a free piece of merchandise or a code to get YETI discounted! - Change is constant, could be a bad fit for someone who doesn't like that

3. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Nov 29, 2021 - IT Compliance Analyst in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with highly qualified individuals. Consistent opportunities to operate above and beyond your day-to-day responsibilities and grow skillsets in other areas.

Cons

Dynamic environments may sometimes call for you to work beyond the standard 40-hour work week. Depending on your department, desired career goals, and work habits, may not be a good fit for those who are not comfortable with the idea of putting in longer hours for busier periods of the year.

4. 5.0

Great Company and Good benefits

Nov 28, 2021 - Data Scientist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brand new team with few OGs. Everyone is trying to figure things out together which builds team work. People know what they are doing and the Org as a whole promotes collaboration which breeds innovation.

Cons

I don't have any at the moment

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that listens to and respects their employees

Nov 23, 2021 - Data Scientist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Innovative, flexible and open to new ideas. While Yeti has gotten big, it still has a lot of the feel of a smaller company and they take their employee's ideas seriously. - Understanding and empathetic leadership. I lost a beloved dog a few weeks after starting at Yeti. I was able to be with my pup in his last days and give him my attention due to the empathy and compassion of my managers. I couldn't be more appreciative for this. - Work/Life Balance. I guess this is similar to above but Yeti takes work/life seriously and doesn't ask too much from their employees so as to takeaway from their "off" time. The benefits are great too! - Unafraid of change. Nothing seems bound by bureaucracy or protocol at Yeti (outside of compliance and legal). Got a better way of doing things? Your managers will listen. - Actually believes and follows their values. Yeti's 6 core values aren't just for recruiting and/or to look good. They follow them. They believe in doing right by their people if you do right by them! - Internal Growth. Since being at Yeti, I've watched Yeti give employees opportunities for growth or even career change within the company...rather than just constantly hiring externally above current employees (which has seemed the norm in my past experiences). - Exposure to Upper Level Management. The C-Suite and SLTs are not faceless names you never see. They're in meetings, in the office, interacting with employees. This exposure is rare from my past experience and very much appreciated since I've been at Yeti. - Yeti takes moral responsibility seriously. As a member of our data teams, data privacy is a topic in EVERY discussion we have and the privacy of our customers and employees is always placed above convenience. They back up their moral commitments. It's nice to be somewhere that takes ethics seriously and you can be proud of the work being done. - Employee Discount is amazing. - Intensive Interview Process. The interview process is taken seriously and isn't 'easy'. But to me, this showed their seriousness about hiring the right employees and this has really shown in the competency of my colleagues. Makes work so much more enjoyable.

Cons

None. There is a lot of work (its a fast growing company!) but never excessive and managers proactively look into whether the workload is overwhelming or unreasonable. It's not a place for coasting and getting by doing the bare minimum but also not a workplace that takes over your life. Work/life balance is important to Yeti (See Above).

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that inspires with a brand you can be passionate about!

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Cyber Security Engineer in Sandown, NH
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for for a company that is so passionate about their brand and dedicated to their core values. YETI goes out of their way to cultivate and support their community of YETIzens; From work life balance, embracing diversity, life groups and just an overall feeling of being appreciated. I cannot say enough good things about the culture and general employment here at YETI. The effort from management to support this culture feels sincere and not "check the box". Transparency and communication are common place. Benefits are abundant and fair with ample options to suit various situations. Training and career support is structured, supported and encouraged.

Cons

Prescription coverage can be tedious to maneuver.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Started off as a dream job, but took a turn for the worse.

Nov 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Never had a better set of teammates. All really great people who knew what they were doing, fun to be around, and really supportive. Truly glad I met them. Pre-pandemic, the catering on-site was okay, but the Italian food days really slapped. They've got a stellar product and discount. Good bonus.

Cons

Pretty low starting salary and I've known some people who took pay cuts. You're there for the brand. It had boys club vibes when I started, but at least my team had a good amount of women. In the end, they just hired more men above us who didn't know what they were doing. Nepotism at its finest. After the summer of 2020, Employee Equality Groups were created, and while I appreciated the learning experience they offered, it did feel like it was a box checked because of national social unrest. No real growth opportunities. On my team, the minorities were at the bottom and we carried the brunt of the workload. Work-life balance was questionable. During the height of the pandemic, you worked extra hours and it was very daunting because you literally had nowhere to go. Eventually, there was some alleviation with new hires (not really), but it depended on the project. Sometimes you had to work late because your team leads made the choice to be unavailable with feedback during normal hours.

8. 5.0

Digital Creative

Oct 28, 2021 - Still Photography Producer in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great cross functional departmental connectivity and transparency. Everyone is willing to help you at 110%.

Cons

Still working out some processes and best ways of working in team scenarios.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great company

Oct 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work with. Good people good culture

Cons

- - - - -

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

great place

Oct 29, 2021 - Self Employed in Kathmandu
      Business Outlook

Pros

good environment to work and grow

Cons

work place is too slow and less motivation

Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Reviews