WinCraft, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

WinCraft, Inc Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2019

2.8
WinCraft, Inc CEO Richard Pope (no image)
Richard Pope
  1. "High Turnover for Good Reason"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at WinCraft, Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Travel, windows in the office space, parking

Cons

The management is corrupt from the top down. This led to a lot of turnover within the past few years, however nobody seems to want to address it. My manager was an HR nightmare and would be under corrective action if that individual worked at my current company or within my team. Education is not encouraged, in fact, my manager discouraged me from continuing my education. They do not support your career goals and do... not provide financial support for education. One of the biggest issues with the management at this company is that they do not promote people who are good at managing others. They promote people who are good at sales, which does not particularly mean they are capable of being in charge of others. Here is an example of what you can expect as a sales rep (if interested in that position). The company will discover a great outsourced product, such as a piece of plastic with zip ties that you can attach to the grill of a car. Then, you need to sell that thing. If you do not sell that "great" thing in large quantities, leadership will be breathing down your neck. This is a true story, unfortunately. So please, if you have dreams and career goals, please take them elsewhere. If you seek inspiration, motivation, opportunity, and a positive, ethical work culture, please go elsewhere. If misogyny bothers you, please go elsewhere. This place was detrimental to my career growth.

Advice to Management

1. Stop putting people in leadership positions because they do well at their job. Instead, put effective leaders into leadership positions. 2. Provide financial assistance, even a little bit, for education pursuers. Invest in your employees. 3. If multiple people tell you that their manager is unethical and disrespectful, do something about it. Otherwise, you will lose employees until your problem is... addressed. This has proven to be true over and over again. Good luck.

WinCraft, Inc2019-08-23
  2. "Work fast food instead or anything else"

Current Employee - Flooring Specialist in Winona, MN

I have been working at WinCraft, Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent pay that is all

Cons

Never have I worked at a company where rules were enforced with senior members brandishing knives in a threatening manner to get their point across.

Advice to Management

Learn how to inspire without threats of violence.

WinCraft, Inc2019-04-06
  3. "Highly disappointed"

Current Employee - Office in Winona, MN

I have been working at WinCraft, Inc full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hours are good. The lower level employees are nice. Dress code is good

Cons

No one is held accountable for their actions. No one gets disciplined. The CEO and VP and completely clueless about how to run a company that’s gotten the size it has. Sales people are pushy, they think their orders are more important than anyone else and nag, threaten to go to the VP, lie, cheat and are overly rude and disrespectful...even the managers. They are also the only Dept that gets special privileges,... banquets and what not. The company does not treat everyone the same. They don’t promote women and all it is, is a good ole boys club

Advice to Management

Start treating the employees equal. Start realizing women contribute as much as the men and can even do a better job. Start recognizing ALL depts for their work and STOP PLAYING FAVORITES!

WinCraft, Inc2019-01-25
  4. "Don’t waste your time. I gave this place one star because I was required to."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

I worked at WinCraft, Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The only pros about this job are the co-workers.

Cons

This company has everything backwards. They pay their new employees more than their long term workers. They claim to have a flexible schedule, however, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Sure, flexible if you never need to adjust for anything,..I even changed my schedule to train in new employees, working half of my regular shift and half of the other shift, and wasn’t even paid a shift differential. Instead... of giving credit where credit is due for a job well done, you are told that it could be done better, even though it had never been better..it’s a joke really. Workers don’t work harder when they are upset, they try harder when their hard work is acknowledged.

Advice to Management

The best thing to do here would be to wipe the slate clean of upper management and hire some people with actual experience with the job. Nobody knows better than the people who do it every day. Stop treating your core employees badly while treating the new employees better. Everyone should be given the same rules and regulations, and stop the favoritism. It’s an ugly look for such a “prestigious “ company when the... majority of your core long term employees don’t have anything nice to say about working here.

WinCraft, Inc2018-08-15

"Not a good place/company"

I have been working at WinCraft, Inc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you just need a stepping stone to the next job and don't need too much money to survive, you can make it work. For a little while. I sadly, did not know this and had remained their thinking someday, I would receive more than a condescending, "you do good work" with a pat on the back.

Cons

Micro managing. Little to no care about employees. Completely over looks the value of a knowledgable hard working employee. Raises are 3% of what you earn. Not even the cost of living.

Advice to Management

Change! Your views and ethics are prehistoric. Acknowledge and respond accordingly to valued employees. And TRAIN your managers, not by other managers, but by a professional service. Every manager all the way up to the CEO could use help here.

WinCraft, Inc2018-07-18
  6. "Picker/packer"

I worked at WinCraft, Inc part-time

Pros

some of the best reasons to work at WinCraft is, they are very helpful and they were always working together

Cons

There were really no downsides to working with WinCraft

Advice to Management

No advice to management because they were all amazing and understanding to your schedule and never criticize you for your work

WinCraft, Inc2018-05-22
  7. "Great Environment"

I have been working at WinCraft, Inc full-time

Pros

Everyone is extremely accessible and ready to help each other succeed.

Cons

Sometimes meetings start late

WinCraft, Inc2018-01-13

"Great company"

I worked at WinCraft, Inc full-time

Pros

Family oriented company with great benefits.

Cons

Directions given by many individuals can lead to confusion that lead to mistakes that need to be corrected.

Advice to Management

Revamp your chain of command and set more checks and balances that are consistent so one department is not trying to tell the other how they should be doing their job.

WinCraft, Inc2017-07-03

"Inventory Control Manager"

in Baraboo, WI

I worked at WinCraft, Inc

Pros

Co-workers were nice to work with.

Cons

Manager expected you to take charge of your division, but tied your hands on decision making. Management wouldn't use your knowledge for the benefit of the company.

Advice to Management

Use your employee's knowledge for the best interest of the company.

WinCraft, Inc2016-08-26
  10. "Great experience"

I worked at WinCraft, Inc part-time

Pros

Great employees/management to work with

Cons

None that I can think of

WinCraft, Inc2016-07-22