Wiggle Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Will Kernan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Endless opportunity"

I have been working at Wiggle full-time

Pros

Support and training for roles. Endless opportunities for progression if you want it.

Cons

Big expanding company with money in mind

2. "Employee"

I have been working at Wiggle full-time

Pros

Great people, great management, targets are easily achieved.

Cons

Same old, day in and day out.

3. "Sporting"

Former Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, North West England, England (UK)

I worked at Wiggle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Youthful and very web focused with an open culture

Cons

Lack of career progression meant I had to move on

Advice to Management

Help employees with career planning

4. "Great company with great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Wiggle full-time

Pros

* Relaxed environment, with lots of passionate people
    * Not micro managed - hard work is recognised
    * If you're sporty, this is an amazing place to work, there group cycle events weekly, lunch time runs and after work boot camps!

Cons

I have not seen any yet.

5. "Warehouse work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Bilston, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Bilston, England (UK)

I have been working at Wiggle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid and most of coworkers are nice people.

Cons

Really bad shift pattern which makes you work most of the weekends.

Advice to Management

Look into shift pattern.

6. "Very good work place could do with some improvement"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operative in Wolverhampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Operative in Wolverhampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Wiggle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is quite simple

Most of the employees are friendly

Some of the TLs recognise hardworkers and help them to achieve better results

Cons

The shifts patterns arent very good. Working 6 days a week is too tiresome and we were promised 2 weekends off per month which has now been changed to 1

People constantly moaning about the job, which isn't that bad

Temp staff being given contracts only to not hit targets on both wiggle and crc once they are given this and still pass probation which is unfair for people who really want work for the company

Managers don't listen to team leaders and other employees then get proven wrong

Advice to Management

Managers should hear everyone out
    Shift patterns need to reassessed

"Untrustworthy."

I worked at Wiggle full-time

Pros

Most of the people are really nice. They are trying their best in a difficult environment. There are attempts to up morale but, it is frowned upon to be having fun so it can be tricky

Cons

Management! They make bad decisions and, the proverbial roles down hill. A lot of pressure on everyone and very little support.

There is no understanding of the need for a work/life balance (working from home is frowned upon).

The culture is one where it is expected you work extra hours with very little/nothing in return.

Management are in the habit of passing other people's work off as their own but, are not opposed to throwing someone under the bus if there is a problem.

If you're not friends with the right people you will be over-looked for promotion, under supported day to day and, generally taken for-granted (irrespective of how hard you work).

Exceptionally poor and out-dated benefits.

Avoid at all costs.

"Invisible execs"

Pros

There are genuinely passionate and talented people in all areas of the business
    Monthly ride outs for the team to get together and get out of the office on our bikes
    Good facilities
    Informal environment
    Surrounded by great product
    A lot of reviews are negative about hr but the rep I have worked with (Laura) has always been helpful even if I don't agree with all hr policies

Cons

communication from execs is non existent. We used to have regular updates but now they don't communicate with the business at all.
    Very corporate policies - HR can be very black and white

Advice to Management

Good news or bad execs should always communicate with their staff. We are supposed to be a team

"God awful company. I wished I’d researched better beforehand."

Former Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Finance in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Wiggle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pro is the great people I worked with.

Cons

Where to start?
    The benefits are the worst I’ve see although the senior executives get a great package.
    There isn’t any sort of direction they are making people redundant in drips and drabs to save money. In the meantime people are leaving not for better paid jobs but for less stressful jobs.
    Career progression doesn’t exist for most, although taking on more work (without extra pay/benefits) is great for experience.
    There is little support from managers they only want to impress other teams.
    They have a habit of installing systems even when they have failed UAT. Leaving the teams working with them using a variety of work arounds with seem unlikely to be fixed.
    The worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get a plan in place with some direction. Spend time actually talking to your staff the ones below management level.
    Maybe suggest to managers their role is to support their team.

"A downward spiral"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Portsmouth, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Wiggle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people - some of the people who have been at wiggle for a while are some of the best people I've ever worked with, always in a good mood, knowledgeable and driven. The problem is, these talented people are not being offered progression or even pay rises despite the amazing amount of work they push out so are leaving in droves, to be replaced by poorer quality, less experienced (and likely cheaper) staff.

There is a casual working environment and a flexible policy on working hours although this is different for different departments.
    This is a company that really encourages you to not work over your 40 hours, which is rare.

Cons

A severe lack of communication from upper management. Never hear from the CEO through anything other than an occasional email to tell us about someone from upper management leaving.
    A lot of redundancies recently that haven't been properly communicated leading to gossip and hearsay.
    HR is too small to deal with the number of staff, this leads to an issue where staff who are desperate for progression or promotion are ignored, get frustrated and leave. In addition, the business appear to be completely unwilling to answer any employees concerns, instead suggesting we "talk to our line manager".
    No work from home policy

Advice to Management

Making a more efficient workforce is a good thing, but this not only needs to be communicated properly but done properly. Replacing talented staff with inexperienced staff is leading to missed opportunities and a lack of vision.

Talk to your employees more, they'd like to hear from you.