Unito Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Unito Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2019

5.0
Unito CEO Marc Boscher (no image)
Marc Boscher
  1. "Super motivating company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a really great place to work! It's a very organized start-up and you will be working in a really dynamic environment. The team is great, everybody is an expert on their field and works hard so you get the feeling we are all moving in the same direction. Everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and listened to so you can have a big impact on the company.

Cons

I am not sure if it's a con but working in a high-paced environment, where you have to quickly adapt it's not for everyone! There is always a lot to do, which is great but it also requires juggling many things at once, prioritizing and changing direction when needed. I like challenges so I find it very inspiring, if you are up for a challenge, come join us!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thumbs up for always being open to feedback to work better, together!

Unito2019-10-18
  2. "Do the best work of your career"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Define your own workload, get pushed by all other staff, loads of freedom, literally every employee has a voice on all areas of our operation, management is super employee focused, complete operational transparency, great culture and people.

Cons

No RRSP benefits yet, young company so structure can be loose (direction not handed to you).

Advice to Management

Keep at it? I love this place.

Unito2019-09-30
  3. "Rapid development, amazing team, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Growth Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is fantastic. They're careful in hiring, and the result is a team that loves working together, and often spends time with each other outside work hours. The culture is transparent and direct - work is to be critiqued, while people are not. Your ideas and thinking will be challenged in the best way possible. The pace of learning is high, and can be as deep as you like. You won't find a better place to... learn.

Cons

The startup pace isn't for everyone. It's a VC-backed company, and so growth is the primary goal. The environment of transparency will be tough for those who can't separate their thinking and ideas from their perception of their own value.

Unito2019-09-19
  4. "Best work experience"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Specialist

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything that is advertised is true. You join an awesome team where everyone is equally invested in the company's growth and success. You can easily see the impact of your work. The flexible hours are a plus to balance work and family life.

Cons

Nothing I have noticed so far!

Unito2019-08-08
  5. "Perfect balance of great culture but hard working ethos"

Current Employee - Senior Content Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

They spend a ton of time on hiring to ensure that people fit the role and the company. Culture is huge. I'm happy going to work every day because I know that everyone takes their work seriously and cares about the company, but also has a good time with each other. Also, good perks and fair, transparent compensation.

Cons

Still understaffed. The shortage of resources slows things down sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to find a way to attract more talent in competitive roles. There has to be a better way to get the word out.

Unito2019-07-05
  6. "Amazing team to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've never worked with a stronger team, or in a place with a better working culture. Everyone here is incredible at what they do, very driven, and have the right attitude about work. It's legitimately a joy to come into work in the morning, and times when we end up staying and putting in extra hours basically never feel like a chore. An absolute pleasure.

Cons

It's a Startup! That isn't really a con, but it means you'll be expected to take care of yourself to an extent, and you'll wear a lot of hats. You need to be able to embrace (rapid) change. But beyond that, there really aren't many.

Unito2019-03-14
  7. "Couldn't work in a better environment!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

> Great onboarding process for new hires. When I started, I was impressed how prepared they were to onboard new employees. Not something you see often in startup environments but really helped me to be operational very quickly. > Stimulating environment. I don't have the time to get bored, it's super exciting! > Everyone has a voice, everyone's feedback is considered, we feel we are building something... together. > Opportunity to progress, Unito help us achieve our personal and professional goals. > Very transparent atmosphere. > Diversity is something we pay attention at Unito. When you're building a product, bringing different point of views and perspectives help keep innovating!

Cons

Startup environment can change quickly, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Let's keep our awesome culture!

Unito2019-01-18
  8. "Fantastic company!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome company culture - super friendly and inclusive! Team meets for lunches, engages in fun activities, and people support each other. - Big push on employee wellness + work/life balance. - Very conscientious + fair managers. Cohesive management between teams. - Relaxed, transparent atmosphere that fosters genuine passion and motivation in all members of the company. - Genuine, equal value placed on the... work + self-development of every employee.

Cons

- Start up culture isn't the right fit for people looking to coast. Not a con as such, just something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

- Keep up with the awesome self-awareness, open-mindedness, and individual-centric compensation/growth/feedback matrices.

Unito2018-10-23

"I'd do it all over again"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

- All team members were made aware of metrics and financials - Since it's a small company, you get to touch everything - Fresh Tech Stack - Great mentors in the engineering department

Cons

- Early stage startup means the compensation and benefits would be higher elsewhere. It's still a worth it trade off through.

Unito2018-09-07
  10. "Great company to grow with!!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Great team: multicultural, diverse, great personalities, open to feedbacks, involved in their work and fun + Nice company culture: transparency, promotion of health (sport and food), learning and cooperation + Great leadership: benevolent, attentive, open-minded Definitely a company you can grow with and where you can become the professional you want to be

Cons

(Might be a cons for some people) Startup-becoming-a-young-company, be ready to test and iterate on almost everything

Unito2018-09-10