Unito Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Aug 8, 2019

Found 15 reviews

5.0
Marc Boscher
  1. "Best work experience"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Specialist

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything that is advertised is true. You join an awesome team where everyone is equally invested in the company's growth and success. You can easily see the impact of your work. The flexible hours are a plus to balance work and family life.

Cons

Nothing I have noticed so far!

Unito2019-08-08
  2. "Perfect balance of great culture but hard working ethos"

Current Employee - Senior Content Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

They spend a ton of time on hiring to ensure that people fit the role and the company. Culture is huge. I'm happy going to work every day because I know that everyone takes their work seriously and cares about the company, but also has a good time with each other. Also, good perks and fair, transparent compensation.

Cons

Still understaffed. The shortage of resources slows things down sometimes.

Advice to Management

We need to find a way to attract more talent in competitive roles. There has to be a better way to get the word out.

Unito2019-07-05
  3. "Amazing team to be part of"

I have been working at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've never worked with a stronger team, or in a place with a better working culture. Everyone here is incredible at what they do, very driven, and have the right attitude about work. It's legitimately a joy to come into work in the morning, and times when we end up staying and putting in extra hours basically never feel like a chore. An absolute pleasure.

Cons

It's a Startup! That isn't really a con, but it means you'll be expected to take care of yourself to an extent, and you'll wear a lot of hats. You need to be able to embrace (rapid) change. But beyond that, there really aren't many.

Unito2019-03-14
  4. "Couldn't work in a better environment!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

> Great onboarding process for new hires. When I started, I was impressed how prepared they were to onboard new employees. Not something you see often in startup environments but really helped me to be operational very quickly. > Stimulating environment. I don't have the time to get bored, it's super exciting! > Everyone has a voice, everyone's feedback is considered, we feel we are building something together....

Cons

Startup environment can change quickly, it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Let's keep our awesome culture!

Unito2019-01-18
  5. "Fantastic company!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome company culture - super friendly and inclusive! Team meets for lunches, engages in fun activities, and people support each other. - Big push on employee wellness + work/life balance. - Very conscientious + fair managers. Cohesive management between teams. - Relaxed, transparent atmosphere that fosters genuine passion and motivation in all members of the company. - Genuine, equal value placed on the work...

Cons

- Start up culture isn't the right fit for people looking to coast. Not a con as such, just something to be aware of.

Advice to Management

- Keep up with the awesome self-awareness, open-mindedness, and individual-centric compensation/growth/feedback matrices.

Unito2018-10-23

"I'd do it all over again"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

- All team members were made aware of metrics and financials - Since it's a small company, you get to touch everything - Fresh Tech Stack - Great mentors in the engineering department

Cons

- Early stage startup means the compensation and benefits would be higher elsewhere. It's still a worth it trade off through.

Unito2018-09-07
  7. "Great company to grow with!!"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Great team: multicultural, diverse, great personalities, open to feedbacks, involved in their work and fun + Nice company culture: transparency, promotion of health (sport and food), learning and cooperation + Great leadership: benevolent, attentive, open-minded Definitely a company you can grow with and where you can become the professional you want to be

Cons

(Might be a cons for some people) Startup-becoming-a-young-company, be ready to test and iterate on almost everything

Unito2018-09-10
  8. "Awesome company to work at!"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Unito is a place where your work has a real impact on the company and its growth - Cool startup culture, where you can really feel like you work to live and not the other way around - The team is fun to work with and always ready to help you out - The product we're developing is interesting and has a real purpose

Cons

- It's honestly hard to say so far... time will tell.

Unito2018-09-11

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

+ Great leadership: open-minded, experienced leaders. You are actually responsible for what you work on, you do what you think it's best. + Awesome co-workers: helpful team, open to suggestions to make things change inside and outside of the company. + Strong company culture: everyone is involved, transparency on everything. + Not boring.

Cons

- More work than current staff can do. - Moneywise, compensation is still under market, but increasing regularly with the company growth

Advice to Management

Hiring is hard, but beware of hiring at any cost to support growth.

Unito2018-08-07

"Good!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thoughtful, respectful folks. There's trust, knowledge, and little politics. 👍

Cons

Startup-becoming-a-young-company, this won't be the best salary you'll find.

Unito2018-07-03