Unito Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2020

5.0
Unito CEO Marc Boscher (no image)
Marc Boscher
  1. "A startup vibe, with a mature company structure"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

The way I see it, the three attributes that make a great business (from an employees' perspective) are the following: 1. Fun vibe 2. Hard work and performance tracking 3. Work-life balance Too often, I've seen businesses fall into the trap of forcing employees to chose only two of the three attributes. Work hard, play hard, but you're first in last out. Or have a fun environment and great work-life balance, but everything else tanks. At Unito, we're so lucky to have all three of those attributes. I'm impressed every. single. day. by how smart and hardworking my colleagues are. The vibe is always light, we have so much fun together, but we all have families that we go back to in the evening (at a decent hour!!!!) I was also pleasantly surprised to see how structured and well-thought-out processes are at Unito. It's a rare thing for a startup, but it makes it so much easier not only to get your work done but also to understand how everything you're doing fits into the bigger picture. Compensation is transparent in the business, which I find removes considerable stress and makes it so that there is very little in the company that is taboo.

Cons

Despite my glowing review of their processes, one thing does stand out to me as being an important process that needs to be addressed and fixed: how they let people go.

2. "Finally a place where you feel like a person, not a number."

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

The transparency within Unito is great, it allows for constant development and growth. The teams are supportive, and the managers are ready to adapt their management style to fit your needs. There's so much room to grow within the company, and there's also so many opportunities for you to help the company grow. I feel that my opinions and suggestions are heard and valued.

Cons

I have nothing to put here at the moment.

3. COVID-19

"A great company!"

Current Employee - Head of Marketing in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's an extremely well organized startup with an existing Product/Market fit : - Data driven decision making - no politics! - Transparency: information like salaries are available to employees and communication flows freely across all levels - Diversity: +45% of women & 55% of women in leadership position, 10+ different countries of origin for employees - Shifted smoothly to WFH during the COVID-crisis (all things considering) - Addressable market is sizeable and will continue to grow in the coming years

Cons

- Plans can change as we adapt to the market situation. It's very normal considering the stage of the business - but if you are in search of stability, it's probably not the right place for you.

4. "A company with vision and soul"

Current Employee - Vice President Engineering

I have been working at Unito full-time

Pros

A place with a solid company culture. They have the perfect blend between human-centric respect and the drive and vision of a company that can revolutionize their market and industry. Here are a few highlights of working at Unito: - Transparency. All important data are all available at any time. Sales, profits, salaries, expenses, projections. No hidden agenda, management and executive try to be as transparent as they can. - Area of responsibilities. Every employee has at least one area where he/she is responsible for. That enhances the sense of purpose , mastery and expertise. - Recruitment and hiring process is tight. Every new hire has passed through a 'Pilot project' where they collaborate on real projects before receiving an offer. This helps build solid teams that will align quickly to deliver value. - Teamwork is the first option. If work can be done and assigned to a team, it is normally the preferred way. Working and learning with colleagues enhance motivation and growth mindset. - Properly funded. Great investors who knows the reality of SaaS companies.

Cons

- It's a startup. Meaning changes and adaptation is at the core of the daily life. If you are looking for normalized workflow that hasn't change in years, this might not be the perfect fit. - The product is great and promising , but still in its 'market fit' phase. Meaning that product new features and quick adjustments are a bit more important than stability and performance. Resilience to imperfect sides of a product is a most at this stage of maturity of such powerful platform.

5. "Great culture, great team"

Current Employee - Marketing Copywriter in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is everything here. You feel like you're part of a team and people have your back. The intense transparency is refreshing; when someone messes up, whether they're a developer or an executive, you're told about it. Salaries are incredibly competitive, and the benefits are fantastic. I can focus on doing my best work because I'm supported and encouraged.

Cons

Can't think of anything here.

6. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Cybersecurity and Privacy Generalist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

* No stress - there is always someone to support and help you if needed * Average age in the company is quite young - between 20 ish and 30ish. * A lot of transparency and decisions are freely discussed. The overall company strategy on short and mid-term is shared and freely challenged/discussed with the CEO if we thing there is areas of improvement ( And most of the time around a beer or coffee - it s really chill to work at this place)

Cons

I have noticed nothing so far

7. "Collaboration is the key!"

Current Employee - Software Backend Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a really great place to work! The whole company is hyper friendly, because they advocate transparency you can be yourself without being judged. This create a environment where you can trust and work at maximum of your capacity. Because everyone trusts each other, each idea of each person is always valued which gives you the feeling of being really impactful in the business and the way the company works. The company is moving really fast, so you are looking for challenges join us!

Cons

I do not have any con for now.

8. "Super motivating company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a really great place to work! It's a very organized start-up and you will be working in a really dynamic environment. The team is great, everybody is an expert on their field and works hard so you get the feeling we are all moving in the same direction. Everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and listened to so you can have a big impact on the company.

Cons

I am not sure if it's a con but working in a high-paced environment, where you have to quickly adapt it's not for everyone! There is always a lot to do, which is great but it also requires juggling many things at once, prioritizing and changing direction when needed. I like challenges so I find it very inspiring, if you are up for a challenge, come join us!

Continue reading
  9. "Rapid development, amazing team, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Chargé D'exploitation/Chargé De Projets in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is fantastic. They're careful in hiring, and the result is a team that loves working together, and often spends time with each other outside work hours. The culture is transparent and direct - work is to be critiqued, while people are not. Your ideas and thinking will be challenged in the best way possible. The pace of learning is high, and can be as deep as you like. You won't find a better place to learn.

Cons

The startup pace isn't for everyone. It's a VC-backed company, and so growth is the primary goal. The environment of transparency will be tough for those who can't separate their thinking and ideas from their perception of their own value.

10. "Best work experience"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Specialist

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything that is advertised is true. You join an awesome team where everyone is equally invested in the company's growth and success. You can easily see the impact of your work. The flexible hours are a plus to balance work and family life.

Cons

Nothing I have noticed so far!

Found 24 reviews