Unito Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Unito Reviews

Updated Oct 31, 2019

5.0
Unito CEO Marc Boscher (no image)
Marc Boscher
  1. "Collaboration is the key!"

Current Employee - Software Backend Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a really great place to work! The whole company is hyper friendly, because they advocate transparency you can be yourself without being judged. This create a environment where you can trust and work at maximum of your capacity. Because everyone trusts each other, each idea of each person is always valued which gives you the feeling of being really impactful in the business and the way the company works. The company is moving really fast, so you are looking for challenges join us!

Cons

I do not have any con for now.

Unito2019-10-31
  2. "Super motivating company!"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a really great place to work! It's a very organized start-up and you will be working in a really dynamic environment. The team is great, everybody is an expert on their field and works hard so you get the feeling we are all moving in the same direction. Everyone's ideas and opinions are valued and listened to so you can have a big impact on the company.

Cons

I am not sure if it's a con but working in a high-paced environment, where you have to quickly adapt it's not for everyone! There is always a lot to do, which is great but it also requires juggling many things at once, prioritizing and changing direction when needed. I like challenges so I find it very inspiring, if you are up for a challenge, come join us!

Unito2019-10-18
  3. "Do the best work of your career"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Define your own workload, get pushed by all other staff, loads of freedom, literally every employee has a voice on all areas of our operation, management is super employee focused, complete operational transparency, great culture and people.

Cons

No RRSP benefits yet, young company so structure can be loose (direction not handed to you).

Unito2019-09-30
  4. "Rapid development, amazing team, great place to work!"

Current Employee - Growth Specialist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is fantastic. They're careful in hiring, and the result is a team that loves working together, and often spends time with each other outside work hours. The culture is transparent and direct - work is to be critiqued, while people are not. Your ideas and thinking will be challenged in the best way possible. The pace of learning is high, and can be as deep as you like. You won't find a better place to learn.

Cons

The startup pace isn't for everyone. It's a VC-backed company, and so growth is the primary goal. The environment of transparency will be tough for those who can't separate their thinking and ideas from their perception of their own value.

Unito2019-09-19
  5. "Best work experience"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Specialist

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everything that is advertised is true. You join an awesome team where everyone is equally invested in the company's growth and success. You can easily see the impact of your work. The flexible hours are a plus to balance work and family life.

Cons

Nothing I have noticed so far!

Unito2019-08-08
  6. "Perfect balance of great culture but hard working ethos"

Current Employee - Senior Content Manager in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

They spend a ton of time on hiring to ensure that people fit the role and the company. Culture is huge. I'm happy going to work every day because I know that everyone takes their work seriously and cares about the company, but also has a good time with each other. Also, good perks and fair, transparent compensation.

Cons

Still understaffed. The shortage of resources slows things down sometimes.

Unito2019-07-05
  7. "Amazing team to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've never worked with a stronger team, or in a place with a better working culture. Everyone here is incredible at what they do, very driven, and have the right attitude about work. It's legitimately a joy to come into work in the morning, and times when we end up staying and putting in extra hours basically never feel like a chore. An absolute pleasure.

Cons

It's a Startup! That isn't really a con, but it means you'll be expected to take care of yourself to an extent, and you'll wear a lot of hats. You need to be able to embrace (rapid) change. But beyond that, there really aren't many.

Unito2019-03-14
  8. "Couldn't work in a better environment!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

> Great onboarding process for new hires. When I started, I was impressed how prepared they were to onboard new employees. Not something you see often in startup environments but really helped me to be operational very quickly. > Stimulating environment. I don't have the time to get bored, it's super exciting! > Everyone has a voice, everyone's feedback is considered, we feel we are building something together. > Opportunity to progress, Unito help us achieve our personal and professional goals. > Very transparent atmosphere. > Diversity is something we pay attention at Unito. When you're building a product, bringing different point of views and perspectives help keep innovating!

Cons

Startup environment can change quickly, it's not for everyone.

Unito2019-01-18
  9. "Fantastic company!"

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Awesome company culture - super friendly and inclusive! Team meets for lunches, engages in fun activities, and people support each other. - Big push on employee wellness + work/life balance. - Very conscientious + fair managers. Cohesive management between teams. - Relaxed, transparent atmosphere that fosters genuine passion and motivation in all members of the company. - Genuine, equal value placed on the work + self-development of every employee.

Cons

- Start up culture isn't the right fit for people looking to coast. Not a con as such, just something to be aware of.

Unito2018-10-23
  10. "Awesome company to work at!"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Unito full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Unito is a place where your work has a real impact on the company and its growth - Cool startup culture, where you can really feel like you work to live and not the other way around - The team is fun to work with and always ready to help you out - The product we're developing is interesting and has a real purpose

Cons

- It's honestly hard to say so far... time will tell.

Unito2018-09-11