Uline Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.7
Uline CEO Dick Uihlein
Dick Uihlein
Pros
Cons
  • "The dress code is a little strict but nothing hard or unreasonable to comply with(in 86 reviews)

• "silly little things that the big boss doesn't personally like, micro management, super corporate culture(in 37 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hope to be here another 7 years, plus some!"

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Leadership is always approachable and I feel my opinions and insights are considered and respected. Management is supportive of my goals and encourages personal and professional development. I feel challenged to do my best each and every day, and am encouraged to go outside of my comfort zone to grow and learn new skills. Salary and benefits are competitive, and the company is very generous with bonuses and extra... "perks." I enjoy the satisfaction of working hard to achieve my goals, and the company culture creates the perfect atmosphere for ambition and motivation to thrive. Work is fast-paced and impactful, and I've built meaningful relationships with many of my co-workers in the time I've been here. Uline has high expectations of their employees, which I can appreciate because I have high expectations of my employer.

Cons

Everyone mentions the dress code - it's never bothered me. You get used to it, just like any other company uniform. Transparency/communication in certain aspects of the company could improve - sharing the "why" behind some rules, processes, decisions, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage employees, support their career endeavors, foster growth, and consider their thoughts and opinions. A good employee is your best asset.

Uline2019-09-05
  2. "Rlc"

I worked at Uline full-time

Pros

Heard a lot good things

Cons

No cons for this company

Uline2019-04-10

"Well structured and High Pay, Tough Company culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Compensation is well above market value for positions -Variety of entry level positions available -Well established company -Extremely structured, very in-depth training program

Cons

-Long work hours, expect to average 1 - 3 hours of overtime every day (most especially during their 4th quarter) -Company culture is very unique, definitely not for everyone -Micromanagement is the core of everything there, new ideas or innovation to current processes are heavily discouraged -High turnover, constantly hiring/terminating staff (always understaffed)

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and give them the freedom to exercise their skills that you hired them for. Sometimes just because a candidate fits the "culture" doesn't necessarily mean they're right for the role.

Uline2019-05-29

"Toxic"

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

Money and profit sharing are good

Cons

Micromanagement. If you hire people to do the job trust them to do it

Advice to Management

Trust people's judgement

Uline2019-03-20

"Uline"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Brampton, ON

I worked at Uline full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people. Good Money and benefits

Cons

Expected overtime. Every day. Management gives you a hassle if you don't stay

Uline2019-03-01
  6. "Happy workers good worker"

I have been working at Uline

Pros

All not that bad at all

Cons

Force overtime on anyone they want

Advice to Management

Listen

Uline2019-01-22

"BE PREPARED TO SELL YOUR SOUL AND LOSE INDIVIDUALITY"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milton, ON

I worked at Uline full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great competitive salary benefits and RSP and yearly bonuses.

Cons

I would give it 0 stars if that was an option... If I could describe Uline in one word, the word 'Cult' comes to mind instantly. THERE WAY OR NO WAY!!! Ran by a bunch of rejects that probably settled with the fact that they'll be nothing more but Warehouse know-it-alls. Micro managed to the most deadliest degrees... Some examples are : how to "properly" highlight, tucking in your sweater, how to "properly" bend... over to pick up a box...these things are NOT said in a helpful way, but in a way where you will actually get in trouble. Along with the micro managing, managers picking favourites and gossiping. Very strict dress code. NO tattoos shown. Facial hair is frowned upon, forced overtime, and labour laws are not followed.... the list goes on and on. 90% of the employees are very unhappy and they all talk about how seriously depressed they are to each other. (They cheered for me when I told them I was leaving, lol). Uline preaches family and teamwork but it is indeed the opposite of that. Co-workers are forced to inform on each other, instead of help each other. Where is the teamwork in that!?! All in all Uline is a very very very very strict company and they like to control the people that work for them by telling them what to do, how to do it, and when to do it. They constantly CONDESCEND, BELITTLE, and PUT YOU DOWN for the most minuscule things, they make every one feel bad. If you want to feel stupid then this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

1) LIGHTEN UP 2) Stop being fake 3) Give the respect to your employees, that you expect to get in return 4) Stop the favouritism (cause its obvious) 5) Maybe the managers should get some training every now and then, because their approach is seriously outdated.. IN EVERY WAY.

Uline2019-01-26

"customer service"

I have been working at Uline full-time

Pros

decent pay, great bonus, some nice people

Cons

this company is micro managed to the maximum.

Advice to Management

be honest and fair to your employees, praise as much as you critique employees morale is low because workers don't feel important

Uline2018-11-14

"They just don't hire instead promote themselves by advertising job opportunities and spread word in market."

I have been working at Uline

Pros

Growing business, Prime location office

Cons

Centralized and head office driven

Uline2018-10-26

"General warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milton, ON

I have been working at Uline full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary, 2 dollar premium for night shifts, benefits, profit sharing, lot's of OT. Cons - only for those who's not ready for organised job, and OT. This is NOTfor slackers. Everybody has production for the day (per/hour). And to me this is great if you are a hard-worker as me. The expectation is to get the job done as Uline promises same dame shipping. To me this is advantage. This is the best job around... warehouses. I've worked in a lot of them but Uline is the best place for warehouse job - always clean, equipment is regularly maintained and clean, you enjoy when you drive. Yes, it is a little bit strict in terms of management but as I see this is the only way to keep the place organised. Every month we have free employee appreciation lunch. At the end of the year generous profit sharing bonus. My current position is UPS picking.

Cons

No cons for me as far as I see it. For some people is OT.

Uline2018-08-29