Trendzer Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Trendzer Reviews

4.1
Warren Gee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Trendzer is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Junior Web Developer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Junior Web Developer in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Trendzer full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Personal and professional development is both encouraged and nurtured.
    - Cool platform to work on
    - Lots of support within your role
    - Lateral hierarchy allows for ownership of your role
    - Fun, laid back place to work!

Cons

- Small company at the moment, but growing and expanding quickly.
    - Have to operate within the platform so some limitations on the role.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Good people, nice location, up to date technology nice coffee machine. Nice hr staff.

Cons

Management was absolutely insane. Commission wasn't very good.

Advice to Management

Get some professional help.

"Leads the way to new opportunities!"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Trendzer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Trendzer have shaped my career for the future. I am very confident to apply my skills and training I have acquired to new opportunities in other business to business areas. Management are always on hand to help, encourage and train you when it's needed. They also provide great constructive feedback so you can adjust and learn from any areas picked up on quality control.

Cons

Administrative duties are a part of any job. There are a lot of systems to learn and administration required on a daily basis.

With any sales position you have to plan you day, week and month. Fail to plan and you will plan to fail.

Advice to Management

Keep training and coaching.

"More than just a job..."

I worked at Trendzer full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is no limit in what you can do at Trendzer. As a small company, with dynamic leadership, there is plenty of opportunity to influence direction and really make a difference while progressing your career. If you are talented and willing to work, you will be very successful. As someone who joined the business as an Admin Assistant and went on to head up the largest department within the company, I can certainly vouch for that.

For me and for many others, Trendzer is more than just a job. It gives you the ability to work in a really cool industry with some very smart people. Importantly, it makes you feel a part of something.

In recent times, the company has adapted a lot to meet the demands of the market and the requirements of the staff. The level of communication is impressive with a monthly company-wide get together. At this meeting, we informally discuss the positives across the business and also look at what can maybe be done better. There is also a formal quarterly update from the CEO, which provides far more ‘real’ information than most businesses would be transparent enough to show. The recent introduction of daily profit reporting shows a real trust in the employees and a true demonstration that the company profit scheme is a real business driver.

Each employee has a personal development plan, ensuring that there is continual training and mentoring, again highlighting that the company is living its mantra of ‘we want to make you a better professional’.

Trendzer is something different. Admittedly it’s not for everyone. You need to want to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. But if you put your head down and work hard, you will be heavily rewarded.

I am incredibly proud of my time at Trendzer. I leave knowing that I have gained so much experience in a relatively short time and learned far more in my time here than most could hope to learn in a lifetime. I really do wish the company every success and the current and future employees the very best of luck.

Cons

Tight deadlines and changing demands of channel partners can take its toll on even the most hardened employees – but I guess that comes with building a very successful business.

"Great experience working with great people, sad to go."

Former Employee - Junior Web Developer in Leith, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Junior Web Developer in Leith, Scotland (UK)

Pros

Although I was only with the company for just under 2 months I would recommend it as a place of work to anyone. All the people are amazing and very welcoming and I was made to feel a part of the team from day one. While at Trendzer I was taken out for a meal courtesy of management and also treated to pizza for managing to hit our targets which really showed us the appreciation of our hard work.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about the company and had a great time working for Trendzer

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the company forward. I feel Trendzer has the potential to become a leading company in the CMS world and keeping the team small is a great way of keeping morale high and the service offered personal.
    Thanks for the experience

"Used to Love it, now sadly hate it."

Current Employee - Member of Service Delivery in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Member of Service Delivery in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Trendzer full-time

Pros

The people working at the coal face are great. We have been through so much together we have formed some really close bonds. I enjoyed the work and the direction the company appeared to be going. My direct manager whilst being a bit of a jobs worth is not a bad person.

Cons

This is a new company formed from the ashes of RSTO Ltd. Those now directly in charge of the department are sadly way out of touch and have little or no idea how to manage the department or the people within it. We have been told many outright lies which we receive no apology for but instead expected to work and should be "grateful" that we have jobs. I can assure you most of us would have preferred redundancy as this is what happened to half the company in November. We used to trust in our superiors but now we are full of dis-trust and actively looking to exist the business as soon as possible. Whatever is reported to the CEO regarding the department is obviously flat out lies trying to cover management failures and trying to gain credit for anything and everything possible. The worst part of all is the patronizing tone used when spoken to by those in charge of service delivery, They also speak very loudly when they think no-one is listening and frankly insult us by talking about us calling us all manner of derogatory terms.

Advice to Management

This business could go far. Dont just believe everything your "management team" say to you. People want to work here but have now been pushed so far that this company is no longer a place I wish to have on my CV let alone have a career.

Trendzer Response

27 Jan, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

All change can be challenging and we certainly understand that new directions and remits, even if temporary, don't always work for everyone... More