The Job Window Reviews

1. 5.0

Awesome

Aug 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always something new to do when working here. And I love my co-workers

Cons

none that i can think of the job window is a great place to work

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Representative

Apr 17, 2019 - Account Representative in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are some of the best I've ever known. The team is always helpful, supportive and understanding and it makes coming into work a fun and enjoyable experience on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like "work". I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.

Cons

Can't say there's anything to complain about so far.

Upper Management

We are so happy to know you too! Looking forward to seeing where your role takes you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Talent & Acquisition Specialist

Nov 30, 2018 -  in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller sized company so huge opportunity to standout. Merit based growth opportunities. Your voice gets heard and you actually have a chance to make an impact on the direction the business takes. Lots of one on one interaction with management team for training. Team building activities and bonuses plus some really fun outings including trips overseas (when you get to bring a guest).

Cons

The company adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace and/or new opportunities for business so be ready to be flexible. It's not a large sized company so there's less red tape to go through when changing processes or introducing new sources of business or business plans. It's hard work and can be stressful and a lot of hours at times depending on the recruitment cycle for the clients you're working with or the time of year. The health benefits package offered is pretty average.

1 person found this review helpful

Upper Management

We are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to stand out. One on one interaction with our people is how we all grow and learn. Hope to see you on our next overseas trip!

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

All the reviews are not true

Mar 16, 2018 - Paralegal in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee and free snacks

Cons

In a nutshell, if the "team leaders" don't like you, they will find any excuses in the book to make your life in that workplace a living HELL! For example, Aleah had threatened one of my colleagues for a "written warning or something worse" if her team member doesn't improve her retention. Another team leader, when she's in a bad mood will spurts out things like " I can get you fired coz I feel like it and just say you have a bad attitude." They are incompetent, little high school girls who does not know how to dress and act professionally. Constantly late, take 2 hour lunches and hates when you are prettier and smarter than they are. In terms of work itself, they will teach you how to lie to get someone an interview for your "market." Also, how to "scan" resumes usually meaning being discriminatory to age and/or race. Al, the owner, is nice but does not really know what goes on in that place.

10 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

We’re sorry to hear that your time at The Job Window wasn’t what you had hoped for. We take your negative experience to heart as we do our best to ensure a positive working environment for all staff and management team members. The Job Window is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse working environment and all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or fashion sense. We have worked persistently over the past 3 years to improve our business model and internal structure to alleviate the concerns you mentioned by ensuring all of our staff members are knowledgeable and informed about what their job performance requirements are, how to achieve those results, how their performance is being measured by both our supervisory & management teams on an ongoing basis and the steps that will be taken if those results aren’t achieved. In rare cases, when performance concerns continue to occur on a frequent basis, our HR manager will be informed by the employee’s direct supervisor/manager to initiate progressive disciplinary action. This would include a verbal warning and a written warning should results fail to improve after that point. This process is started, delivered and monitored by our HR manager directly to ensure each employee is given absolutely all necessary training/coaching to improve results before any further disciplinary action is taken. A supervisor/manager does not have the authority to dismiss an employee for any reason. We have also worked very hard to empower and encourage our employees to freely give opinions via review sites, the internet/social media outlets, directly to our HR manager, our owner/CEO, or to their direct supervisors/managers that they work with about what is working and what isn’t in our workplace – whether it’s work flow processes, supervisory/management team members, or how much they just love the free coffee & snacks - their feedback is integral to the growth of our business and we wouldn’t be where we are today without it. I’m happy to say that we’ve had absolutely no staff turnover in more than 2 years as a result of the improvements we’ve made with their help. We thank you and all of your hard work and patience during the start-up years of our business, we would not be who we are today without you.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Operations Manager

Jun 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits & job perks, no micro-managing. Unlimited growth opportunities. Flexible working environment. The team members in all departments are a pleasure to work with and are always willing to provide great feedback to better company workflows, IT systems and the overall employee working experience. Our new work space is also a big improvement. So much natural light - makes coming into work that much better every day!

Cons

It would be nice for HR to implement some more company wide team building activities to help open communication between individual departments and build a better sense of camaraderie.

4 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Thanks for the great feedback. We've always believed in the importance of giving people space to grow and learn on the job. We're very glad you feel appreciated. You are! Open communication is the foundation of a strong working relationship. Perhaps more team building activities are the way to to!

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Entry Level HR recruitment experience

Jun 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Friendly company culture Great potential to be recognized and commended for your work Motivational and supportive staff, great team atmosphere Knowledgeable and helpful Senior Management Great Entry Level HR recruitment experience Overall excellent learning opportunity for career development

Cons

No real cons ( far greater reward if you are motivated to work towards company recruitment goals )

Upper Management

Good communications are the cornerstone of a successful company. If you do have something you'd like to communicate, don't hesitate to get in touch.

7. 4.0

Recruiter/Administrator

Jun 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fun place to work! Everyone is really nice and friendly here! -Dress code is casual -Management is very supportive and willing to help -A great entry level position to build your communication and technical skills. It's a good start for new graduates -No micro-managing -Team based activities and incentives: Example: trip to Escape Rooms to test our problem solving abilities and team work

Cons

-No cons for now. My employment here has been great!

Upper Management

We're very glad to have you!

8. 4.0

Great Atmosphere

Jun 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Can openly share and bring ideas to team members and to management, and really work together to create more efficient company procedures and practices. - Everyone is together instead of separated into cubicles which provides more of an opportunity to work together to collectively achieve goals. - Advancement based on merit and leadership vs. seniority. - Great staff members that make coming into work easy and fun. - Great benefits package.

Cons

There aren't many, but could use more team outings - they're fun!

Upper Management

We're glad you enjoy working here. We'll see what we can do about more outings!!

9. 5.0

Great working environment

Nov 17, 2015 - Account Manager in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the year I’ve been here the company has grown a lot and evolved to better suit the needs of our clients and candidates. I like that when someone has ideas about how to make things run more smoothly, management listens and things actually change. As the company’s grown I’ve been getting more responsibilities. I was hired in a junior position and was promoted first to team manager then account manager. I think that’s the greatest benefit to being part of a growing company

Cons

I don't have any cons. At first I wasn't making as much as I was hoping but my pay has increased with each promotion and now I'm where I wanted to be.

18 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're really proud of how we've grown over the past year, and our employees are big part of that. We feel that supporting and promoting our employees is the best way to grow a strong team, and we're glad you've found that too. We're also very pleased that as we've grown, we're able to offer competitive pay to our team. Thanks for taking the time to share!

10. 4.0

recruiter

Jul 23, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is good. I learned a lot and everyone is friendly

Cons

not at all, great place

5 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Glad you're happy with your decision!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews