The Job Window Reviews

Al Bessada
  1. "Account Representative"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Hebron, KY

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people here are some of the best I've ever known. The team is always helpful, supportive and understanding and it makes coming into work a fun and enjoyable experience on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like "work". I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.

Cons

Can't say there's anything to complain about so far.

December 16, 2019Upper Management

We are so happy to know you too! Looking forward to seeing where your role takes you.

"Talent & Acquisition Specialist"

in Bakersfield, CA

I have been working at The Job Window for more than 3 years

Pros

Smaller sized company so huge opportunity to standout. Merit based growth opportunities. Your voice gets heard and you actually have a chance to make an impact on the direction the business takes. Lots of one on one interaction with management team for training. Team building activities and bonuses plus some really fun outings including trips overseas (when you get to bring a guest).

Cons

The company adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace and/or new opportunities for business so be ready to be flexible. It's not a large sized company so there's less red tape to go through when changing processes or introducing new sources of business or business plans. It's hard work and can be stressful and a lot of hours at times depending on the recruitment cycle for the clients you're working with or the time of year. The health benefits package offered is pretty average.

December 6, 2018Upper Management

We are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to stand out. One on one interaction with our people is how we all grow and learn. Hope to see you on our next overseas trip!

"Great working environment"

Account Manager in Hebron, KY

I have been working at The Job Window

Pros

Over the year I’ve been here the company has grown a lot and evolved to better suit the needs of our clients and candidates. I like that when someone has ideas about how to make things run more smoothly, management listens and things actually change. As the company’s grown I’ve been getting more responsibilities. I was hired in a junior position and was promoted first to team manager then account manager. I think that’s the greatest benefit to being part of a growing company

Cons

I don't have any cons. At first I wasn't making as much as I was hoping but my pay has increased with each promotion and now I'm where I wanted to be.

November 25, 2015Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're really proud of how we've grown over the past year, and our employees are big part of that. We feel that supporting and promoting our employees is the best way to grow a strong team, and we're glad you've found that too. We're also very pleased that as we've grown, we're able to offer competitive pay to our team. Thanks for taking the time to share!

"Good people, poor business model"

I worked at The Job Window full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great CEO. The CEO is a kind person who unfortunately has to make hard decisions and usually people only notice the bad side of it. -Great Operation's Manager. The operations manager at The Job Window is one of the kindest person's I have ever met. If you're having personal issues or you're in a bind, they will understand. -Great coworkers. The Job Window staff has to be some of the most welcoming staff I've encountered, which made my stay incredibly pleasing. -Great work environment. Snacks and beverage are provided (i.e. chips, granola bars, coffee, etc.). -Rewards. Occasionally rewards are handed out: Raptor's tickets, gift cards (i.e. The Keg, Tim Horton's, etc.), and even trips.

Cons

-Company has no set direction. Think of it as a well funded startup who is proceeding by trial and error to figure out what's the best option for them. Which is all right but could make better use of resources. -Does not see the value in technology. There is a lack of push for implementing better systems and technologies, which to be honest could save the company a fortune. There was a small push at the end but I feel it will still not be pursued.

January 14, 2016HR Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re so pleased that you found The Job Window welcoming. We strongly believe that a good work environment is the best way to have happy employees who do amazing work! We have worked very hard to increase internal communication throughout our business this past year. By introducing regular status meetings we have been able to ensure all staff is up to date with our business direction, goals/objectives and any outstanding systems enhancements and technologies Management has in the works. Our Departmental Supervisors have worked very diligently with our staff to monitor each departments use of resources and provide feedback & suggestions to increase efficiency and effectiveness where needed. With their help we have been able to implement a variety of new technological system enhancements, streamline role responsibilities, minimize staffing requirements and keep Management accountable for implementing any changes needed. As our business continues to grow, we are confident their suggestions and support will continue to help our technology uses evolve to meet our growing business needs.

"recruiter"

Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office atmosphere is great. Everyone is super friendly and motivated and management is approachable and helpful. I really didn't know what to expect when I started this job. I wasn't sure how I felt about being on the phone all day. It turns out I love it! I get to help other people find jobs. it's true not everyone is cut out for the kinds of jobs we're offering, but not everyone is cut out for any job. I don't know how long I'll want to continue doing this sort of work, but so far it's been a great learning experience. I've had people call me back and thank me for putting them in touch with their new company. So far that keeps me motivated. Plus the fact that I can become a team leader based on my performance rather than how long I've been with the company.

Cons

Being on the phone all day can get a little monotonous. You have to be able to keep yourself energized and positive in order to take advantage of the pay incentives and move up.

January 13, 2016HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to speak about your time at The Job Window. We’re very proud of the work culture and environment we’ve been able to establish. We hear you when it comes to talking on the phone all day, which is why almost none of our positions require that any longer. We’ve changed how The Job Window works to ensure our employees are still connecting people to careers, but don’t have a phone stuck to their ear all day. We believe these changes will benefit not only our clients, but our employees as well.

"Misleading company"

1.0
    Current Employee - Recruiter Or Administrative in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job - Good benefits and casual dress code which helps you save lots of money on work clothes. - It's good how they hire lots of people after post-secondary graduation; thus creating jobs. - I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job

Cons

I don't usually waste my time writing bad reviews but my experience is just beyond dissatisfied. COMPANY STRUCTURE: - Lots of unethical practices just like the second comment mentioned below - makes up fake job titles for the same job position hoping to trick more people into applying - management very unorganized in terms of recruiting the right candidate for clients and tells employees to twists the truth to get people to come in for an interview - Very high employee turnover rate. At least 3-4 people quitting every month PAY: - Very low pay for considering everyone is a fresh grad from post-secondary (minimum wage + commission). There was a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell. It's easy to make a lot off commission if you are given a good city to recruit for. Some cities bring in lots of candidates, giving you a lot of commission and some cities just don't produce a lot of candidates, which put you in a bad position with the CEO and management. Therefore, the structure isn't very fair.

March 13, 2018Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We take your insights into consideration when trying to improve the jobs for everyone.

"Don't fall for the hype."

2.0

I have been working at The Job Window

Pros

If you work 10 hour days for a year or so you could potentially make some decent cash with the commission. However to me it's not worth it and the commute is killer. If you make enough sales you could be a manager and work 12 hour days and make some more cash and eventually run your own franchise. They make it seem like it's some opportunity of a lifetime but it's not. Well for me it wasn't anyway.

Cons

The commute, the crappy start pay, the fact that they pretty much lie about what you're actually doing, the constant pressure to sell sell sell, Even thought were Told that your there to promote products and raise consumer awareness. They make it seem like it's some opportunity of a lifetime but it's not. Well for me it wasn't anyway. Don't believe they hype they are trying to sell you. There's a reason there always hiring.

March 13, 2018Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps us make the working environment better for everyone.

"A great sense of camaraderie."

Current Employee - Recruiting in Toronto, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people working at The Job Window are young, fresh out of school. It's a growing company and there's room to grow and advance with it. They seek out the input and opinions of people working there so you don't just feel like an anonymous cog in the wheel. It's a fun place to work.

Cons

The day to day work can be repetitive. There's also a lot of pressure achieve goals set by the company. There are financial incentives to increase productivity, which are positive and negative. On the one hand they give you the opportunity to make more money, on the other hand they add to the stress.

March 13, 2018Upper Management

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your input is appreciated.

"Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond Hill, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits & job perks, no micro-managing. Unlimited growth opportunities. Flexible working environment. The team members in all departments are a pleasure to work with and are always willing to provide great feedback to better company workflows, IT systems and the overall employee working experience. Our new work space is also a big improvement. So much natural light - makes coming into work that much better every day!

Cons

It would be nice for HR to implement some more company wide team building activities to help open communication between individual departments and build a better sense of camaraderie.

June 28, 2017Upper Management

Thanks for the great feedback. We've always believed in the importance of giving people space to grow and learn on the job. We're very glad you feel appreciated. You are! Open communication is the foundation of a strong working relationship. Perhaps more team building activities are the way to to!

"Great team environment with lots of growth opportunity!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Team Leader in Toronto, ON

I have been working at The Job Window full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at The Job Window for just over 9 months now, and got promoted after just over 3. It's a great team environment with a lot of friendly competition to keep things lively! Just next month I have been chosen to go on a company trip to Dallas and I am so looking forward to it! The hours are very flexible and benefits are offered. Because it is a growing company there really is A LOT of room for advancement and lots of opportunity!

Cons

Really not much, yes the days can get a little repetitive but because of the great team environment we are all able to keep each other hyped up!

March 13, 2018Upper Management

Glad you had a fulfilling experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews