Takeaway.com Reviews

Found 133 of over 240 reviews

3.7
Takeaway.com Founder and CEO Jitse Groen
Jitse Groen
Pros
  • "Good workplace and nice colleagues(in 8 reviews)

• "Has the best work environment ever(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "they hired a lot of people after summer and it was almost impossible to get more than 2 shifts per week(in 4 reviews)

• "Physically demanding, not well paid, requires some gadgets and a bike(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

It was a good place to work

Jun 26, 2021 - Team Member in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Got free meals as a benefit

Cons

It was a lot of work

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great team

May 27, 2021 - Student in Bucharest
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job environment; Great colleagues; Employees have the chance to meet once a year.

Cons

At the time I was an employee of this company, I was reviewed by my supervisor once per year. I think twice per year would be better.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fine, but archaic and uninspiring

Feb 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There has been investment in product and design, which suggests that there is some desire to move towards building a product that people might actually want to use, rather than simply being forced to do so due to market share.

Cons

There's a lack of clear vision and direction, I imagine few employees would be able to articulate exactly what the overarching strategy is rather than 'be big and deliver food'. Can feel chaotic and messy, with a mish-mash of lots of different companies being joined together. Lots of decisions being forced down from the top, with teams scrambling to understand the why behind these decisions. Feels very old fashioned in many ways, to the point that it can feel tone deaf. For instance there's a clear resistance from senior leadership around flexible working and the ability to work from home post-COVID. Given the stance many other companies have taken towards this issue, this attitude feels like a letdown.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Chaotic and intense working environment

Feb 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting industry Ambitious and young colleagues Well-known company name Company is doing really well Some interesting projects to work on International teams Paid lunch

Cons

The company is extremely chaotic. No people managers. Toxic working culture in which everybody is so scared to make mistakes and get in trouble with higher management that there is a lot of micro-management. C-level has no idea what is going on in the teams and they're too busy/ too important to care. It's also not inclusive - mostly arrogant white men in charge. Nice colleagues but because of the work pressure everybody is only looking at what they're doing and not able to support each other or say 'thank you'. Which is a shame because it would make our teams work more efficient and be happier in general. The salary and secondary benefits are not to compare with competitors in the IT industry and they have announced that working from home won't be possible.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

Good company to work for as Software Developer

Apr 30, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Berlin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office Flexible hours Work-life balance Tech steck People

Cons

No compensation for Sport activities (before Corona)

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for telling us about your experience at Takeaway. We're glad to hear that you're satisfied!

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Apr 29, 2021 - Delivery Driver in Poznań, Greater Poland, Greater Poland
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working hours tips delivery bonuses

Cons

weather bikes are often broken

Employer Branding Specialist

Your feedback is appreciated. Thank you for sharing it with us.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place, lovely people but not that creatively challenging enough

Jan 25, 2021 - Digital Designer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing office and the daily discount with Takeaway pay is great. The people are talented and amazing! Getting to work on global campaigns and that your work is out there on the streets and TV feels amazing!

Cons

The work itself is less creative, somewhat repetitive and it is mostly filling in somebody elses picture. But that is often the case with inhouse agencies I think.

8. 5.0

overall satisfied

Mar 8, 2021 - Bike Courier in Frankfurt am Main
      Business Outlook

Pros

free work time train your body

Cons

i was told to buy a bike by the HR but then i foundt out they offer bikes at the hub so it is a waste of money and i have to sell the bike.

Employer Branding Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy that you enjoy working with us. We do offer bikes from time to time but we don't always have them in stock. We are sorry that this happened.

9. 3.0

Good company

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Brussels, Brussels
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, lots of autonomy

Cons

Team dynamics sometimes not optimal

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lovely Job

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Maastricht
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedule and Spending Time Outside

Cons

I dont have any yet.

Employer Branding Specialist

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we are happy to hear that it goes well for you :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 133 Reviews