TNI Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.1
TNI President and Founder Steve Allison
Steve Allison

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good inside environement , great people , teaching you every thing they can , friendly manager (in 5 reviews)

• communicate with freaks when you door-to-door (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Door to door canvassing is outdated (in 13 reviews)

• Going door-to-door requires highest level of motivation (in 6 reviews)

"TNI's Team-Oriented Workforce"

Current Employee - Leader in Mississauga, ON
    Current Employee - Leader in Mississauga, ON

Pros

Working for TNI has been an absolute pleasure, as well as a learning experience I will use to cultivate my work ethic and habits for years to come. The amazing team synergy I experienced on the first day alone made me feel like I could be myself around these highly motivated, business-minded individuals.
    The opportunities given to me have made me beyond grateful for working for TNI.
    I enjoy every minute here growing and learning, and I urge anyone with similar interests to pursue a position at TNI!

Cons

Absolutely none at all. I enjoy my work and am finally able to say I found a career path that does not feel like "work" to me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing
    Former Employee - Marketing

I worked at TNI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the team and also having fun meating with donors

Cons

I like the team work . The team was helping eachother avery time and also I got to help samone, always smiling even with under pressure

Advice to Management

Talk to employees and engage with them

3. "Hign turnover rate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at TNI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are really nice and funny.
    Paid training
    Travelling opportunities

Cons

Door to door canvassing is outdated
    Terrible work/life balance
    low salary

"Wheres the Opportunity??"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Pros

Team oriented, Travel, Positive Atmosphere, Contests and Bonuses

Cons

Huge turnover rate. The thing i dont understand is how do they constantly promote opportunity but the people that have been there the longest seem to not get ahead. "Assistant Managers" "Managers" that have been at it for 3 plus yrs and still going door to door. Owners that have been part of the company for 10-15yrs leaving. Of course anytime someone leaves rumors are made up about how they got fired. But why would you fire the people that have been around the longest without offering any other opportunities? Maybe because there is no other opportunities and they dont want the younger ppl they can "train" more like manipulate, to see ppl that have been around for yrs not get ahead when all they do is talk about soo much opportunity. They say you can own your own business but all you own is a name. Everything else is comtrolled. Then the fact tgat they work for non profits. 90% of employees make min wage but ppl talk about the upper management makin millions. Also all tge $ given away for contests and free cars given away at xmas parties. Door 2 door will always be door 2 door, doesnt matter what you are peddling. You can put lipstick on a pig but its still a pig.

Advice to Management

Stop filling 18, 20yr olds heads full of bs saying that there is sooo mych opportunity. If anything over the last 20yrs the company has gotten smaller and lost growth. Maybe providing opportunity to the ppl that deserve it instead of using them until theyre no longer needed. Sports teams have a great positive atmosphere and competition with which you guys have but loyalty and evolution is something that is definitely lacking.

"Absolutely no respect for employees"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at TNI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 2 interviews I had were quite nice, but I can't talk about any of the positive.
    The borderline legal contract (that I questioned) made my first day, the last day too.
    If I have to pay for everything, earn so little, and work the hell of a shift, something ain't right! (See cons for the details)

Cons

- 12:30 to 9:30PM shifts, meaning no life
    - minimum wage, unless your performance (aka number of donors and attitude) is found to be worth more (completely subjective of course)
    - no health benefits before 6 months
    - have to pay for all supplies / tools you may damage / loose, including your badge, t-shirt, all the marketing pieces, the iPad, etc (better hold on to everything, or you gonna owe money to them, instead of earning some!)
    - also have to pay for the criminal check (there goes your first 3 hours of work)
    - no travel expanses !!! (wonderfully put as "voluntarily" hum)
    should I continue ?

PS : I wouldn't be surprised that the good reviews are a sort of obligation

Advice to Management

Treat your employee with a minimum of dignity and respect.

"Residential sales representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Pros

Get to help decrease poverty.

Cons

Quite Impossible to reach sales goals.
    Weird Management rules
    Very Difficult to be successful in this kind of a job

8. "Work"

Pros

Really nice place.Met great people

Cons

Pay is really small for the type of work

Advice to Management

Increase the pay

"I love my job"

Current Employee - British Columbia in New Westminster, BC
    Current Employee - British Columbia in New Westminster, BC

I have been working at TNI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Seriously this job is awesome. I've been with this company for a year and a half already and I'm excited to still be here. My favorite thing about this job is the travel opportunity. I've been all over BC and have even done a few out of province trips as well. I love my co-workers and the fun atmosphere we have. I also enjoy that I get to meet many people each day. I've also grown as a person since starting this job and I wouldn't change this experience for the world. I also have amazing medical benefits.

Cons

There are no downsides to this job. How do I meet the 20 word minimum when there are no cons?

10. "Leader"

Current Employee - Leader in Ottawa, ON
    Current Employee - Leader in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at TNI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. Been here for 10 months and loving the opportunities I've been given such as travel, daily and weekly incentives I have a chance to get on top of my wage. Wages are great if you are willing to work hard for it. Fantastic team atmosphere and bonding experience as managers usually take us out for team nights. They promote within which I think is important. Managers and regional directors don't treat you like a number and really want you to succeed in the company and will always have their doors open to you. Benefit and rrsp within company after 6 months and a year.

Cons

No job is perfect but managers and regional directors will go out of their way to fix any issue that you may have.

Advice to Management

Hard to give advice when things are feat and you are happy employee. I wish that they were able to control the weather.

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edmonton, AB
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edmonton, AB

Pros

it is a good place to work in

Cons

I have really no negative thing to say

Advice to Management

kEEP GOOD WORK