Sysco Reviews

Found 2,707 of over 2,806 reviews

3.4
Sysco President and CEO Kevin Hourican
Kevin Hourican
Pros
  • "Good benefits with advancement and growth(in 148 reviews)

• "Great benefits, lots of training(in 123 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Requires long hours including weekends(in 116 reviews)

• "No work life balance to many hours(in 102 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sysco

Jan 30, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and good people

Cons

The pay was not great

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Watch your back !!!!!

Oct 29, 2021 - Order Picker
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have no comments for this section

Cons

Unprofessional behaviour & a lot of fowl language allowed at the inbound office & receivers internally.

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience working at Sysco. We are committed to creating an open, diverse, and respectful environment and take feedback from our current and former associates very seriously. We’re disappointed to read that you didn’t have a good experience and hope that you provided feedback to the leadership of your Sysco company so that your specific concerns could be addressed. There are many options at Sysco for providing feedback including anonymous methods such as the SyscoSpeaks Associate Engagement Survey and the Sysco Ethics Line. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience with Sysco was disappointing. We wish you the very best in the future.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Overall

Sep 26, 2021 - Sales Consultant in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The role can be rewarding

Cons

No work life balance .

Sysco Response

We appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. Sysco knows that work/life balance is important to our associates. While we’re sorry that your position on our team didn’t adequately meet your needs, your feedback helps us as we continue to improve in this area.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Totally Fine

Aug 3, 2021 - Customer Servicer Representative in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in working from home, discounts on product. Work isn't the hardest and they ship the computer to you.

Cons

Difficult hours, strange internal politics, difficult to learn from home. Established people never leave so get used to your awful shifts. Calls can get stressful en masse.

Sysco Response

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback about what it’s like to work at Sysco. You are helping us fulfill our Vision to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner! We take your feedback into account and will use it to better fit our employees' wants and needs.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It's like North Korean labour camp.

Jul 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely none. Awful please to work for.

Cons

Everything. So called supervisors are useless.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Hrbp

May 14, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner HRBP in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company. People are great. Fair compensation and benefits

Cons

Takes a while and many steps for decisions to be made.

1 person found this review helpful

Director

Thank you for leaving a review! At Sysco, our goal is to support and sustain an inclusive work environment that engages and enables a diverse workforce. We hope you continue to enjoy your time with us!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Operations supervisor

May 8, 2021 - Operations Supervisor in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Good management, incentives,Good staff to work with

Cons

Not many opportunities for growth

Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed and valued your time at Sysco. We appreciate your contributions to the company and we wish you the best of luck in the future!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Computer Desk Job

Apr 13, 2021 - Sales Coordinator in Waterloo, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

None that outweigh the cons

Cons

Boring, exhausting, people yell at you all day, acknowledge that you get breaks but are judgemental about you leaving your desk to take them

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

Sysco Food Service - Territory Manager (Marketing Associates)

Feb 1, 2021 - Territory Manager in Halifax, NS
      Business Outlook

Pros

- High salary - Team environment - Uncapped earning potential - Flexible Schedule - Remote Work Possible

Cons

- Work life balance is a cultural problem. - Vacation and time off is difficult to get. - Lack of transparency from senior management. - Lack of females & minorities represented.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Competitive Wages

Jan 6, 2021 - Warehouse Person in Winnipeg, MB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, efficient warehouse, friendly staff.

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,707 Reviews