StarTech.com Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

StarTech.com Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

Found 66 reviews

3.9
StarTech.com CEO Paul Seed (no image)
Paul Seed
Pros
Cons
  • "Good people have left HR, the people side of the business in direct relation to his appointment(in 5 reviews)

• "Not a very good environment for fostering new ideas or being shown appreciation for the work you do(in 4 reviews)

1. "R and Power BI data manipulation, descriptive and predictive reporting"

Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Opportunity Nice people Great team

Cons

None a little bit far from city?

StarTech.com2019-07-18

"Oh No!!"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a fast paced ever changing environment. Global company with lots of opportunity to learn new skills and advance. Good comp package and benefits. Any interaction with customers always positive, they love us! Excellent team environment where more and more employees can express their ideas and opinions with out punitive consequences. New President/CEO is awesome and upper management team is very engaged and... approachable as demonstrated at the recent employee event at the REC Room. Work life balance is superb. Communication to employees has improved dramatically and the general vibe at company is much improved in last two years.opinion

Cons

Some are worried that "worm tongue's" whisperings into the owners ear will bring down another good person! Any one with any tenure has seen her do it before!! People have heard the yelling, people are talking about it and the cracks are starting to show.

Advice to Management

You have come so far, please please don't go backwards....Stability Stability Stability!!!

StarTech.com2019-06-26
  3. "Well Managed Growing Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great coworkers. Very smart, driven, supportive and nice people work here - A lot of opportunity for internal advancement and exposure to the global aspect of things - HR has added an entire team to focus on learning and development, for both managers and non-managers. The company will pay for you to continue education, go to conferences, and pay your professional dues, and everyone has access to LinkedIn... learning. A lot of focus on enabling people to grow - Well managed, transparent organization, quarterly town halls where we talk about financials, product lines, new countries, strategy etc - Community involvement, StarTech.com is involved with a lot of charities especially the United Way - A lot of internal celebrations and events - Highly collaborative workforce, that encourages it's people to take on new interests across the business. This is a good company to get a lot of well-rounded experience - A lot of investment into new tools and systems - Stable, growing, global company with a lot of big goals - Really good work life balance - Seems to be a lot of new HR initiatives taking place after a rough patch a few years ago in that department - Seems like the company really cares about the people that work here

Cons

I don't think there are a lot of con's, it's a really good company overall to work for. - A lot of growth can be stressful, even when it's well managed, people have a lot on their plates - Relatively diverse company at a glance with a female CEO but not enough diversity among the rest of the senior leadership

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

StarTech.com2019-07-05

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time

Pros

-High growth company, great learning opportunities and internal growth opportunities -Great compensation and benefits packages -Intelligent leaders to learn from -Meaningful work in all areas -Welcoming environment and kind people - very team oriented atmosphere -Large bonuses being paid as a result of high growth -Work-life balance: definitely the best work-life balance I've had. It is valued across... the board. StarTech.com is a great place to work. A global organization founded here in London with endless growth and development opportunities. I feel valued as an employee and highly respect the leaders in the building.

Cons

Many changes that are coming along with the high growth. Not necessarily a con.

StarTech.com2019-01-08

"Exceeds my expectations!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly atmosphere of caring team members Wonderful welcome and onboarding experience Had all the tools to do my job day 1 A culture of high performance and reward - last year promoted 10% of the internal workforce - lots of opportunities!

Cons

A gym onsite would be a huge bonus in addition to the current fitness subsidy

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in creating a positive results driven atmosphere where it is evident people enjoy working.

StarTech.com2019-01-08
  6. "Great environment and perks"

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time

Pros

Great environment and perks for employees

Cons

Company is very structured, currently working to improve silos

StarTech.com2019-01-14

"Once strong but declining"

I worked at StarTech.com full-time

Pros

Many of the people are good to work with. In the past there have been high bonuses when the company growth was high.

Cons

The company does not value the skills and knowledge of long term employees. The owners have been transitioning out of the company and this has created a very political environment. Many good people are leaving. The company no longer has the innovative and inspirational culture it once did.

Advice to Management

The top management team needs a major shake-up.

StarTech.com2018-11-07

StarTech.com Response

November 22, 2018Talent Acquisition Coordinator

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear you feel that there are many good people that work here at StarTech.com, we take pride in our excellent employees! They truly are our greatest asset and the reason we have been so successful. Regarding ...

8. "Product Developer"

I have been working at StarTech.com

Pros

Great work environment and culture. Good managers.

Cons

Not too much, not a hardcore engineering company if that's what you're looking for.

StarTech.com2018-10-03
  9. "IT Team needs improvement"

I worked at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good salary and benefits - Managed fairly

Cons

- IT projects not managed well - Very reactive - High turn around

StarTech.com2018-09-17
  10. "A good place to work"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There has been a change in many aspects of the company in the last 18 months for the better! Horrible HR contract executive has been replaced and managemnet seems committed to investing, listening and communicating to employees. Excitement at the individual team level again!

Cons

Same problems any company faces...politics etc.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in and valuing employees....there are many head hunters in London lately offering opportunities

StarTech.com2018-08-17