StarTech.com Operations Reviews

Paul Seed

"Great Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time

Pros

Great People and a great team atmosphere. Employees are treated well

Cons

Somewhat difficult to advance in the company.

"Same Old Problems"

1.0
    Former Employee - Operations in London, ON

I worked at StarTech.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The two partners came up with a unique product set, invetory approach and methodology, and it worked. I still know many people who work there and they say there is still some good things going on.

Cons

Both founding partners have a reputation for mis-treating employees verbally and with intimidation, especially the present owner PS. His reputation is infamous in the London On Business Community.

Continue reading

StarTech.com Response

April 28, 2020People & Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Please know that your feedback has been reviewed and considered.

"Unbelievable!!!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Operations in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Prior to Monday Dec 2 2019 I would have said so many things as pros...amazing culture, training, investment in employees, opportunity to advance...female CEO !!! But now?

Cons

Prior to LM's arrival in 2016, the office environment was "dark" and many people refer to that period of time as the "dark days". There was no coherent team spirit, collaboration or even laughter in the office. Most people were afraid to speak their mind or take business risks and you always had to make sure FW was not in earshot of any conversation you had because inevitably it would come back to bite you. LM arrived as a bright light of positive change and in short order, she transformed this culture of toxicity to one of positivity and optimism. Through her open-minded attitude, constant clear communications and business acumen/decisiveness she brought order to chaos! She made the tough decisions and invested in the business in many places where prior to her arrival there was none (training, systems).

Continue reading

StarTech.com Response

December 9, 2019Director Global Talent Acquisition

%E2%80%9CThank you for sharing your thoughts. At times, changes in a business are necessary in order to position an organization for future success. This doesn%E2%80%99t make it easy to deal with, especially when one of the leaders affected is highly regarded. We understand that our employees are impacted by these decisions, and I would invite you to discuss your concerns in confidence with our People and Culture team. You can reach out to me directly at hugh.grzela@startech.com to set up a time to speak%E2%80%9D.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews