Shell Energy Retail Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3
Shell Energy Retail CEO Colin Crooks
Colin Crooks
Pros
Cons
  • "Pension scheme could be improved(in 19 reviews)

• "You don't get sick pay for the first few days which is a shame(in 16 reviews)

1. "Ok"

Current Employee - Credit Specialist

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time

Pros

Working environment, door to door service

Cons

Shifting, politics, shared service so far from stakeholders

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-17
  2. "Company Review"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Surat

I worked at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent work Culture, value, good salary

Cons

Limited Site Team, Self transportation issue, far away from City

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-13
  3. "Pleased to join Shell Energy"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great employee wellbeing programs Monday fruits Great on-boarding process for new developers 15" Macbook pro Enthusiastic team Great manager and team lead Flexible working hours Work from home Nice perks Table tennis Football table Massive car park Canteen with ok prices

Cons

Lack of sit/stand desks Cable management on desks could be better Pension scheme could be improved

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-02

"Good company, bad practices"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible working Good cheap coffee Free fruit

Cons

Lack of communication across teams produces detrimental results Micro management by colleagues

Advice to Management

The business still acts as First Utility. Plan, deliver, correct everything mid flow. Too much of a start up mantra

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-11
  5. "A+"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Thorough training programme so you will not go into your role without what you need. Constant help from managers and colleagues so you're never on your own.

Cons

Bit more hands on work during training as the call listening/grad bay is where you learn the most.

Advice to Management

Above^

Shell Energy Retail2019-09-27

October 10, 2019

Many thanks for your 5 star review. We’ve put a lot of time into our training programmes so I’m glad that you felt prepared and had all the tools available to you to serve our customers with confidence. This is really important to us. It’s great that you feel you have the support of both your colleagues and managers as that is very much the environment we are aiming to build. We continually monitor the effectiveness of our training and I will pass your comments on to the team about having the opportunity to do more hands on work. Great to have you with us, John.

6. "Good place to work, improve and"

Current Employee - Digital Customer Services Executive in Kraków

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than a year

Pros

-salary -relationships -work approach -inside structures -good management and team leaders

Cons

-shifts time - lack of HR in Krakow office - lack of any pay rise

Advice to Management

consider having HR in Krk office

Shell Energy Retail2019-09-25

October 10, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review. It’s great to hear that you're experiencing the leadership and structure that you need from your management team. Building positive, supportive relationships is something we believe is a key element in making Shell Energy a great place to work - so I’m glad that is what you are experiencing. Our shift working arrangements are very much based around the needs of our customers and providing a service to them. You will be aware of the ongoing changes we are making in our work patterns to ensure we better balance the needs of our colleagues and our customers. We are building a customer support centre in Krakow and, over time, we will review the services we need to locate in our second centre. Our HR team is based in the UK and supports all our locations, Hamburg, Krakow, London and Coventry. If you have a specific question or feedback about the services provided please do drop me an email. Great to have you as part of the team. John.

7. "Supportive and flexible employer"

Current Employee - Resource Partner in Coventry, England

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility Management value staff and empower individuals Ability to work on a variety of projects Realistic targets Ambitious growing organisation Ample support

Cons

Salary Package could be improved

Advice to Management

Continue to support staff within the organisation and the business will thrive

Shell Energy Retail2019-09-18

October 10, 2019

Many thanks for your 5 star review. It’s great to hear that you are empowered in your role and have the support of your team to achieve outcomes. We encourage an agile, flexible working environment so I am pleased to see that this is something you experience and value. As a new and growing business our reward package is evolving and, as part of our ambition to make Shell Energy Retail an awesome place to work, we will continue to put in place the right mix of benefits to ensure we are able to attract, retain and motivate the very best people. We want colleagues to share in our growth and success. Thanks again. John

8. "Poor reward structure"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good opportunities to develop and learn new skills. Ambitious goals for the future.

Cons

Poor/no reward structure in place. Exceeding performance is not rewarded . No recognition for achieving set KPI's and demonstrating high level capabilities. Underperformers are rewarded the same pay increase inline with inflation.

Advice to Management

Recognition and reward goes a long way. Rewards and performance related pay should be discussed in quarterly reviews and not only when an employee is looking to leave.

Shell Energy Retail2019-10-01
  9. "Good customer service work experince"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Coveney, England

I worked at Shell Energy Retail full-time for more than a year

Pros

. Agents and managers are generally professional and respectful to each other. . Wide range of tasks to cover that challenges your ability and improves your learning. The tasks are not repetitive throughout your day. . Good salary compared to many other call centres around town. .Work space is clean and has the basic necessary amenities. .Free parking space. .Offer courses to develop your job/career skill.

Cons

.Performance indicators could be over-stressed at times hence affecting the quality of service negatively. .Not much career progression from customer service.

Shell Energy Retail2019-09-28

October 10, 2019

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you found your time with us a positive experience and you felt your role challenged and developed your skills. It’s great that you were able to make the most of the training available to you. I’m sorry you felt unable to use these new skills to grow with us and hope that you may decide to rejoin us in the future - we're growing and new opportunities present themselves every day. Until your return, I wish you well in your future career, John.

10. "Happy & Proud to be here"

Current Employee - Online Marketing

I have been working at Shell Energy Retail full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great community atmosphere, exiting tasks, good social benefits

Cons

Cannot find any so far

Shell Energy Retail2019-09-09

October 10, 2019

Thanks for your fab review. I’m glad you're finding your first year with us an exciting place to be and delighted you have noticed the work we are doing in the community. Hopefully you'll have seen the recent announcement about our brand new volunteering policy - where all colleagues can receive a paid day away from work to spend on volunteering activities. We’re really pleased to be able to play a part in supporting you to make a real impact within our local communities. I hope you will have a happy, long and successful career with us - great to have you as part of the team! John

Found 204 reviews