STEMCELL Technologies Reviews

Updated Aug 31, 2020

STEMCELL Technologies Chief Executive Officer and President  Allen C. Eaves
Allen C. Eaves
Pros
Cons
  • "relatively low salary for the cost of living in Vancouver(in 7 reviews)

• "Low Salary, Difficult to find somewhere to live in Vancouver(in 7 reviews)

1. "A great biotech company"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, very cool CEO! scientists helping scientists, they really mean it. Great career progression opportunities.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of, maybe constant changes if that is a Con

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to start your career."

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work and start your career. I ended up on a great team with a manager that gives excellent direction while encouraging creativity.

Cons

Salary is well below industry and below what is expected with my background and experience. However, I took this job as the experience gained here FAR outweighs the compensation.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Corporate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, ethos, management and work life balance

Cons

No stock buy in or bonus

Continue reading
  4. "Good culture, ideal for entry to career"

2.0
    Former Employee - Technical Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good culture and team environment. Sales are mostly predictable and not high pressure to meet targets. Good work-life balance. They invest in their employees in training and continuing education opportunities.

Cons

Pay is drastically below market. Internal politics can cause drama and lack of transparency. People are often promoted to the level of incompetence (especially in middle management) Also note that there was a big push to get on Glassdoor's "top employers" list and thus there was a big push by management for all employees to write positive reviews. Take these with a (big) grain of salt.

Continue reading
  5. "Great People and Culture!"

Former Employee - N/A in Vancouver, BC

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great people to work with. There are some phenomenal mentors and leaders who are very inspirational. - Caring leadership who are considerate of their employees. - Clear mission and vision for everyone to operate off of.

Cons

- career advancement may be limited if you don't have a science background.

6. "Science and experience"

Current Employee - QC Specialist in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

Stemcell is very inclusive, diverse and develops the advancement of employees.

Cons

Invested in company’s growth quite much that salary compensation might not be up to par with industry.

7. COVID-19

"Company Values Showcased in Challenging Times"

Current Employee - Research & Development

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great company to be with if you're value-oriented. The CEO is a genuinely great person, and you can tell majority of people here care about their work and each other. Lots of experts in the company, and the team is very collaborative, which allows for growth and learning. One of the first companies to react very quickly to the pandemic and allow staff to work remotely. They took very aggressive measures early on to protect employees, which is much appreciated. Communication is frequent and there's a good level of transparency during this tough time. The changes have not been easy to navigate but a sense of community is clear in the team as everyone is supportive of each other. Employees are being trained with a very well-made training module & safety guidelines, making us feel safe enough coming back to the lab. While things change very rapidly here, the recent changes have been much more on the positive side.

Cons

As many mentioned, pay is on the lower side. Work volume can increase very quickly as with all high growth company. Managers should really walk the walk of "work-life balance" instead of just talking about it. Expectations can be really high which is both a good and bad thing. Also more visibility to the "why" of certain decisions, and make more of an effort in each team to recognize hard work, especially for junior staff. Everyone here wants to do a great job but sometimes hierarchy and bureaucratic processes can get in the way.

8. "Stemcell Technologies"

Former Employee - Senior Research Associate in Vancouver, BC

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

one of the top biotech companies in Canada

Cons

relatively low pay to the market

9. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC

I worked at STEMCELL Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding training program for new grads with little sales experience Growing company with a good amount of potential growth (depending on education and results) Very good corporate culture that recognizes employee contributions

Cons

Relative to cost of living in Vancouver, pay is on the low side Career growth can be down to luck (Growing territory vs stagnant)

Continue reading
  10. "Proactive and thought out"

I have been working at STEMCELL Technologies full-time

Pros

Completed a remote orientation successfully for new hires with in depth information and no obvious disruption.

Cons

Nothing I've noted so far

Found 165 reviews