SE Telecommunications Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2018

Found 12 of over 13 reviews

3.8
SE Telecommunications President & CEO James Stortz (no image)
James Stortz
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent company to work for

Jun 29, 2018 - Ontario ON in Georgina, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

SE Telecom staff work together as a team to get the job done. I have worked here for almost 10 years and enjoy the friendly cooperative environment, The senior management all always looking for better ways to serve their clients.

Cons

With high work volumes due to many customer projects it is not always easy to schedule time for the employees to get together for employee events - although every effort is made to make this happen

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

The perfect place if you like learning new things.

Jun 28, 2018 - Senior Systems Engineer in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work hours, extensive benefits plan, great team environment, company cars and my courses are paid for.

Cons

Very busy, sometimes too much work, constantly need to learn new technologies which is a pro and a con

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I have been with SE Telecom for over 7 years and I have always found it to be a professional and rewarding experience

Jul 5, 2017 - Operations Manager in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leading technology, always learning something new People oriented environment Work/life balance High paced environment Fair accountability Strong team and teamwork Knowledgeable team

Cons

With such a high pace, it is easy to forget at times, that you need to slow down and breathe!

4. 5.0

SE Telecom for first time

May 4, 2017 - Sales Engineer in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

From walking into the door of SE Telecom whether for the interview and then as a Telecom Consultant, one thing which was truly amazing was the office infrastructure and then yes all the staff members varying from sales to HR, and technical had contributed to my exponential growth not just as IT person but as a human being as well. Coming from IT school, I was eager and confident to prove myself, the daunting tasks seemed very easy just because of the supportive and corrective attitude of the staff. I have worked with giant industries like Avaya, ShoreTel, RingCental and Cisco and I firmly believe the exposure that SE Telecom provided me helped grown my project management skills to a next level. SE Telecom has given me perfect work-life balance, great vacation package, satisfactory pay, timely promotion, company car, cell phone and health benefits.

Cons

Though being completely naïve for such an advice but seeing myself self-grow so much and contributed towards SE Telecom’s success, it is my humble advice to the management that young university/college graduates should be given some more opportunities. Skills can be developed but the right person will have great learning attitude. I feel the eagerness and energy of a new industry start-up will help in the further success of SE Telecom.

5. 5.0

Great Place to work!

Apr 28, 2017 - Office Administrator in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed with SE Telecom for over a year. I must say this is the first company I have worked for that I enjoy coming in every day. There are many perks working at SET; from BBQ lunches, golfing venues in the summer, Christmas parties that include the whole family. I have learned a great deal working here. Working with James & Grant have made my position within SET a great experience. There is always something new to learn.

Cons

Regular weekly or bi-monthly department meetings, to enhance communication would be an asset.

6. 5.0

Currently employed at SE Telecommunicatiins

Jul 17, 2016 - Technician in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been employed at SE Telecom for 9 years. SE Telecom is a great place to work. I enjoy a challenge, and this industry definately offers that. The company has a great atmosphere, and employees are treated well. The company offers incentives and bonus structures to all employees, as well as company BBQ's every other week in the nice weather. The company also provides payed certification/training to it's employees.

Cons

SE Telecommunications is a technology company. Like any other technology company, it is fast paced, and requires regular studies of the technological advances within the industry. This type of industry is not for everyone, therefore I have made it a Con. Occasionally a client emergency could lead to unscheduled overtime.

7. 5.0

Keep up the good work!

Jul 13, 2016 - Technician in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the fact that I have a very good benefits plan for my entire family. I have a company car that I can take home, a fully loaded cellphone I can use for personal, a current laptop and the freedom to plan my day. They provide me with all types of technical training, ladder training, wmis training and much more. And let’s not forget the all you can eat yogurt and grapefruits they provide..

Cons

As a technology company it is hard to keep up with the new and upcoming solutions while having a happy work / life balance. Sometimes it is just too much work.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent Organization

Jul 7, 2016 - Senior Technician in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been Working at S.E. Telecommunications for 6 years and it has been a great experience. The company has a great team environment and there is always an opportunity to learn and improve. They host regular company BBQ's and events that really bring everyone together. Management advocates being highly knowledgeable in the industry to provide the best experience to the customer and provides many benefits and compensation to employees to do so. Quality over quantity!

Cons

The only con I can see "if you don't like change" is that there is always something new to learn whether it be features on a system or process to improve.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

Administrative Coordinator

Jun 30, 2016 - Administrative Coordinator in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at SE Telecom just shy of 3 years before I had to resign because of my family obligations. It was an amazing place to work. All of the support staff and Management staff were super friendly. The commute was easy, benefits for my family, bonus' and raises. We had perks all the time, from lunches; to summer BBQ's and events surrounding the Holidays. Wish I was still there!

Cons

A lot of new process and software to learn, sometimes hard to keep up to date.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Don't be fooled by the 2 or 3 false reviews starting this is a great place to work. And don't say I didn't warn you.

Jul 8, 2016 - Sales in Newmarket, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees he hires are nice people all looking for something else. Except for a few that are related to him. Owner has a great heart at times.

Cons

The small perks he offers like bbq's and Christmas dinners doesn't offset that you aren't making any money. Those little perks are write offs for him so that's why he does them. The sales room is an old style bull pen. No windows and its either very hot or cold. Ever see the movie boiler room (coffee is for closers). Ya.. Sales guys are treated like crap. The owner will micro manage you to death. He monitors everything you do. He reads all your emails. He will tell you anything to get you hired. Like you may get a company vehicle and a cell phone and can work from home. I got a cell phone and nothing else. The cell phone is given to track you and monitor you. That's why everyone keeps there personal phone...so that doesn't end up being a perk at all. The responses he replies on here are the same and saying we should look at linkedin to see where they are from is fine by me. He doesn't hire stupid people does he? The only positive reviews posted on here, are posted on or near the same date. They are not a true representation of the company. It is not a great place to work unless you are family. The company is obviously having money problems. He makes more money from renting units then phone sales. He will never share an inbound call/lead unless it's a crappy one and he knows it. I have so much more i could tell you about this company and the boss/owner. Take my advice and run.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews