Rogers Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2021

Found 18 of over 19 reviews

3.6
Rogers Insurance President Lee Rogers (no image)
Lee Rogers
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent team environment, high knowledge level with willingness to share between the team.

Aug 29, 2020 - Account Executive in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive, positive, team work, knowledge

Cons

High workload, lacks process organization

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Perk driven, low salary, ok culture

Jun 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dog friendly office, weekly popcorn and slushies, various social events, wellness rooms, and insane Christmas party celebrations. The people are great and know how to have fun.

Cons

Low salary despite marketing themselves as competitive, management is shady and very clicky, culture is not that great.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great people programs!

Nov 15, 2020 - Not Applicable
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people programs and perks

Cons

Pay was not as competitive as it could have been

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent place to work at

Aug 28, 2020 - Producer in Brampton, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great and welcoming

Cons

Lower Management leaves a lot to be desired

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work at

Feb 5, 2020 - Insurance Broker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming, fair wage and I worked there last in early 2013.

Cons

Some cliques of colleagues may have caused some misunderstandings but management dealt with it very professionally. Made life and work culture so much better.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent place to work

Jun 27, 2019 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Treats staff extremely well. Lots of perks. Triple bottom line business. ( Note I worked there a long time ago but could only go back as far as 2015.)

Cons

none I can think of

7. 2.0

Finance Staff

Mar 25, 2019 - Finance Staff Member in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work for people looking for perks as they go about their routine 9 to 5 tasks. You can bring your dog to the workplace and they do a good job of hosting several events to make the staff feel appreciated.

Cons

A top-down management structure and zero employee empowerment means that ideas to improve organizational performance are often completely ignored. A lack of career progression exists for skilled employees as friends/family members (plenty of those in the company) are favoured over those showing tangible value. There are a lot of office politics.

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Insurance Broker

May 17, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culture. Fun Christmas Party. Dogs. Slushies

Cons

Under staffed. Over worked. Underpaid.

9. 2.0

So much potential

Mar 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rogers has many programs designed to build a positive culture. Hours are good and vacation/flex is generous.

Cons

Seems to be a massive disconnect between management actions and company goals.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Would not recommend

Mar 30, 2017 -  in Calgary, AB
    Business Outlook

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I worked for Rogers Insurance a few years back and had to take leave for a few months to recover from emergency surgery. Upon my return I was terminated. I had only worked for Rogers for under a year and felt as though I was discriminated against for having a medical issue arise that was out of my control. In my almost 20 year career in Insurance I have never been terminated from any job and have always been repsected and had positive review feedback from all other places of employment. I had done nothing at Rogers except provide excellent client service and perform my duties as I have always done throughout my career. The organization is sexist and usually does not promote women from Account Management roles. Men are hired in as producers but gery rarely are women hired as producers. If a woman is lucky enough to obtain a producer role, they are generally hired in a such and almost never promoted into that role within the company. The best part of this entire experience is that they must have had a lot of turnover over the years or have terminated numerous staff as the COO actually attempted to recruit me off of Linkedin once forgetting he had terminated me. Would not recommend this place to work. They may dazzle you with their perks i.e. "bring your dog to work" policies but it is extremely clicky and sexist and they genuinely do not care about their employees.

6 people found this review helpful