Rogers Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rogers Insurance Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2019

3.3
Rogers Insurance President Lee Rogers (no image)
Lee Rogers
  1. "Best place to work in the insurance industry"

Manager in Calgary, AB

I have been working at Rogers Insurance

Pros

Rated every year as one of the best employers in Alberta; they do a lot for the staff. If people are stressed or need time off they are sympathetic. Lots of social functions. Unlike some of the competitors they don't hire a lot of people straight out of school so generally pretty experienced bunch.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized because of all the growth; not all managers are as skilled as others; Bruce is the best. Although they try some of the newer people lack experience.

Advice to Management

More investment in the managers and leaders; education and experience are important- not just being there or related to someone.

Rogers Insurance2009-01-03
  2. "Excellent place to work"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Rogers Insurance part-time for less than a year

Pros

Treats staff extremely well. Lots of perks. Triple bottom line business. ( Note I worked there a long time ago but could only go back as far as 2015.)

Cons

none I can think of

Rogers Insurance2019-06-27
  3. "Insurance Broker"

I have been working at Rogers Insurance full-time

Pros

Great Culture. Fun Christmas Party. Dogs. Slushies

Cons

Under staffed. Over worked. Underpaid.

Rogers Insurance2019-05-18

"Finance Staff"

Former Employee - Finance Staff Member in Calgary, AB

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work for people looking for perks as they go about their routine 9 to 5 tasks. You can bring your dog to the workplace and they do a good job of hosting several events to make the staff feel appreciated.

Cons

A top-down management structure and zero employee empowerment means that ideas to improve organizational performance are often completely ignored. A lack of career progression exists for skilled employees as friends/family members (plenty of those in the company) are favoured over those showing tangible value. There are a lot of office politics.

Rogers Insurance2019-03-25
  5. "So much potential"

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rogers has many programs designed to build a positive culture. Hours are good and vacation/flex is generous.

Cons

Seems to be a massive disconnect between management actions and company goals.

Rogers Insurance2019-03-18
  6. "Great caring company"

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time

Pros

Amazing Employee Dream Program Great Christmas Party Lovely people Empathetic and ethical Executive team Empower women and men to rise in the company

Cons

If you are not in the Insurance Practice you may have a hard time feeling like you can make an impact

Rogers Insurance2017-12-14

"You can do better."

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time

Pros

Rogers Insurance is a relatively large insurance umbrella company. There is also lot's of human resources and staff to help you out.

Cons

The branding and marketing methodology is very 90's and borderline shady. There is a ton of office politics, and in addition to the lower than average salary & wages, you often feel like a replaceable peg. They expect you to work overtime w/o pay, etc.

Rogers Insurance2017-08-26
  8. "Broker"

I have been working at Rogers Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great staff, people are great to deal with and work with!

Cons

Pay is less than industry average, even with the "we pay competitively" staff typically leave for significant increased salaries. Workloads are not at reasonable levels anymore.

Rogers Insurance2017-03-27

"Would not recommend"

in Calgary, AB

I worked at Rogers Insurance

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I worked for Rogers Insurance a few years back and had to take leave for a few months to recover from emergency surgery. Upon my return I was terminated. I had only worked for Rogers for under a year and felt as though I was discriminated against for having a medical issue arise that was out of my control. In my almost 20 year career in Insurance I have never been terminated from any job and have always been... repsected and had positive review feedback from all other places of employment. I had done nothing at Rogers except provide excellent client service and perform my duties as I have always done throughout my career. The organization is sexist and usually does not promote women from Account Management roles. Men are hired in as producers but gery rarely are women hired as producers. If a woman is lucky enough to obtain a producer role, they are generally hired in a such and almost never promoted into that role within the company. The best part of this entire experience is that they must have had a lot of turnover over the years or have terminated numerous staff as the COO actually attempted to recruit me off of Linkedin once forgetting he had terminated me. Would not recommend this place to work. They may dazzle you with their perks i.e. "bring your dog to work" policies but it is extremely clicky and sexist and they genuinely do not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Bruce.

Rogers Insurance2017-03-30
  10. "Insurance broker"

Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Calgary, AB

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good company if you want to be healthy: encourages yoga and walking/running on lunch hours or after work, healthy eating choices and group sport activities after hours.

Cons

Not very interested in making new staff feel welcome or assisting with their learning curve into the company culture. Immediate boss didn't even say "Hi" until the 3rd week in.

Advice to Management

Make new staff feel welcome and worth your time to invest in their success in working for the company.

Rogers Insurance2016-11-30