Rogers Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Lee Rogers
1 Rating

1. "Best place to work in the insurance industry"

Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Manager in Calgary, AB

Pros

Rated every year as one of the best employers in Alberta; they do a lot for the staff. If people are stressed or need time off they are sympathetic. Lots of social functions. Unlike some of the competitors they don't hire a lot of people straight out of school so generally pretty experienced bunch.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized because of all the growth; not all managers are as skilled as others; Bruce is the best. Although they try some of the newer people lack experience.

Advice to Management

More investment in the managers and leaders; education and experience are important- not just being there or related to someone.

2. "Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Pros

No pros working for this company

Cons

I worked for Rogers Insurance a few years back and had to take leave for a few months to recover from emergency surgery. Upon my return I was terminated. I had only worked for Rogers for under a year and felt as though I was discriminated against for having a medical issue arise that was out of my control.

In my almost 20 year career in Insurance I have never been terminated from any job and have always been repsected and had positive review feedback from all other places of employment. I had done nothing at Rogers except provide excellent client service and perform my duties as I have always done throughout my career.

The organization is sexist and usually does not promote women from Account Management roles. Men are hired in as producers but gery rarely are women hired as producers. If a woman is lucky enough to obtain a producer role, they are generally hired in a such and almost never promoted into that role within the company.

The best part of this entire experience is that they must have had a lot of turnover over the years or have terminated numerous staff as the COO actually attempted to recruit me off of Linkedin once forgetting he had terminated me.

Would not recommend this place to work. They may dazzle you with their perks i.e. "bring your dog to work" policies but it is extremely clicky and sexist and they genuinely do not care about their employees.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Bruce.

3. "Insurance broker"

Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Insurance Broker in Calgary, AB

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good company if you want to be healthy: encourages yoga and walking/running on lunch hours or after work, healthy eating choices and group sport activities after hours.

Cons

Not very interested in making new staff feel welcome or assisting with their learning curve into the company culture. Immediate boss didn't even say "Hi" until the 3rd week in.

Advice to Management

Make new staff feel welcome and worth your time to invest in their success in working for the company.

5. "Broker"

I have been working at Rogers Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff, people are great to deal with and work with!

Cons

Pay is less than industry average, even with the "we pay competitively" staff typically leave for significant increased salaries. Workloads are not at reasonable levels anymore.

6. "Account manager"

I worked at Rogers Insurance full-time

Pros

Room for advancement quickly and fun culture

Cons

Pay could be a little more competitive

7. "Would recommend"

I have been working at Rogers Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive in helping with training and further education

Cons

benefits package is costly to the employee and not all that comprehensive