Roche Reviews

Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan
1,027 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "there is no cons to comment for(in 50 reviews)

• "Senior management does not consider the amount of great talent available within the organization when making strategic decisions(in 43 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager, Medical Affairs in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

good culture and people at Roche Canada

Cons

HR can be challenging to work with

June 23, 2020Global Recruitment

We’re happy to hear that you love your job at Roche! Our market is highly regulated. This is why we have to stick to certain processes. We are continually striving to keep our processes as lean as possible.Thanks for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

2. "Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Scientist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

- Good salary and benefits on top

Cons

- Complicated structure and processes that implementation takes too long

June 23, 2020Global Recruitment

3. "Roche"

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong pipeline quality products innovate

Cons

Very large company frequent restructuring

4. "Great place to grow your career"

Current Employee - Business Transformation Lead in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Inclusive, empowering, exciting, challenging. Ideal place to grow your career and work to a higher purpose of improving and helping patients.

Cons

Complex, decentralized, SMEs as Leaders who aren't skilled at leading.

June 2, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Our market is highly regulated. This is why we have to stick to certain processes. We are continually striving to keep our processes as lean as possible. Our leaders are prepared for their role through training. In line with our values ​​and our seven leadership commitments as guidelines, we expect them to continually make use of the education and training programmes specifically tailored to their needs. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

5. "Not perfect but better than most"

4.0
    Current Employee - Commercial in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

-Long term perspective on innovation. -Significant global investment in R&D. -Amazing global senior leaders -Amazing office facilities (gym/cafeteria etc).

Cons

-Constant restructuring which seems to be driven around what the hottest management trend/flavour of the month -Feels like change for the sake of change -Absent leadership

June 4, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Regular check-ins with leaders and colleagues continuously improve communication and help to define what is best for employees and leaders at a certain time. We always encourage our colleagues to actively ask their leaders and colleagues for this exchange. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future with our company.

6. "Progressive, forward-thinking healthcare partner"

Current Employee - Specialist in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

Collaborative environment, support for career development, competitive compensation, work-life balance. All of these things make the day-to-day enjoyable. The values, mission, innovation, and culture, however... this is what makes the day-to-day purposeful and fulfilling. Not just a company, but a healthcare partner.

Cons

The culture of a team can greatly differ from manager to manager.

March 30, 2020Global Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you love your job at Roche! We wish you all the best for your future with our company!

7. "Great people and culture with continuous improvement initiatives"

4.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, empowers employees to take ownership of their work. I love working with friendly, collaborative and passionate people. The flexibility is a bonus.

Cons

Sometimes politics can get in the way

Continue reading
  8. "Great working environment focused on learning and career growth"

Former Employee - French Translator in Mississauga, ON

I worked at Roche full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free learning and training modules Very learned, educated, well-mannered staff

Cons

Could be a little impersonal as is the case for big companies Instability of the industry

November 6, 2019HR associate

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Roche is continuously striving to offer employees a variety of possibilities for development, e.g. insights into other areas of work or internal training. All employees have the possibility to make use of the offers and develop their skills. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future.

9. "Amazing Organization and Culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am so happy to be a part of this great team. I am a newer employee and I have found that my Manager and colleagues are so supportive and helpful to my growth in this role. Management is open and transparent with goals/objectives and really supportive of One Roche. Great benefits, compensation and adaptive work environment. I love working at my dream job!

Cons

There are no cons to working here!

November 7, 2019HR associate

We’re happy to hear that you love your job at Roche! Our culture is an essential element within our organization. This is what keeps us as a whole, this is what sticks our bricks together. Our culture provides an encouraging atmoshphere at Roche THE place to work. Employees receive benefits in line with what they contribute, how they contribute and the influence they have on the company and thus on clients and patients. This is based on a good relationship between employees and leaders with a focus on valuable contributions. For leaders the leadership commitments are an integral part of their contribution. Next to the achievement of their yearly goals, leaders are rated on how they live the Roche values, apply core competencies and fulfill the Leadership Commitments. We are proud to hear that our leaders are living up to our values ​​and leadership commitments. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

10. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Business Process Specialist

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture, management support, development opportunities

Cons

Can be silo’d, arbitrary hierarchy but they are trying to foster a flat organizational system

Found 2243 reviews