Rise Vision Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2022

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

4.8
Rise Vision Founder Byron Darlison (no image)
Byron Darlison

64 Comments

Tech

330.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Rise Vision~879106
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best decision I ever made in my career

Mar 31, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

The worklife balance and colleagues at Rise Vision are some of the best I've ever experience in my career

Cons

Busy busy onboarding which can create stress

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Nice small team

Sep 10, 2020 - Controller in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. 100% work from home 2. Good compensation, benefits and performance based bonuses

Cons

1. Not much growth in last 15 years

3. 5.0

Customer Success

Aug 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Work Remotely - Fun and Respectful Team - Autonomy - The ability to move around between roles

Cons

- Team only gets together in person once or twice a year

4. 5.0

Customer Success Rep

Aug 11, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Incredibly Flexible -Ability to work remote -Opportunities to succeed and grow within the company -Upper management values the opinions and feedback from every employee in the company -Transparent communication

Cons

-Sometimes it feels like you are never truly "offline" -Occasionally there are days filled with meetings and it's difficult to complete your daily tasks between 9 to 5

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work

Aug 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- we get things done - no office politics - work from home + very flexible - smart team members

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to make the distinction between work/home life since we work from home.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Challenging, fun, and lots to learn

Aug 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Company supports your growth by paying for courses, books, etc.. - Nice to have the option to work from anywhere - Open to feedback from employees on almost everything

Cons

- Sometimes because of the openness to feedback it can feel slow to get things done so you need to be on top of managing the feedback cycle to make sure it's fast - It can be a little lonely working from home and not seeing coworkers that often

7. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Test

Jan 20, 2022 - Technical Support Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work at.

Cons

None that Im aware of.

8. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Benefits...Poorly Managed

Mar 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work from home, which is great if you can handle that kind of lifestyle--in theory most people think this sounds ideal, but you usually end up working longer.

Cons

Goals were never hit. It's a small company with little room for advances / promotions. The CEO micromanaged. I'm pretty sure some people were phoning it in and not putting in a full days work. Lots and lots of developers and support staff with hardly anyone working sales / marketing. I think there were 2 people in sales and 6 people in support and 3 people in accounting. Bravo to them for devoting so many people to support, but they really should have had a bigger sales team. There were not many women at the company; I don't know how many are there now, but there were only 2 or 3 when I was there. Morale always seemed really low--it was the most depressing HipChat I have ever seen. Most remote companies find ways to make staff feel connected even when they aren't in a physical office--trivia in the work chat rooms with giveaways--little things to remind you that you work with human beings. Senior management seemed to know there were a lot of problems, so one can only hope they've fixed it.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Start Up Atmosphere + Remote Work Environment = Job Satisfaction

Dec 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to work remote - Flex office space in Toronto and KC area give options to meet in person in those cities - Strong desire to see all employees achieve success - Promotion and mobility are highly available to achievers - Very transparent on company position, direction, and goals - Inclusive environment where idea sharing is highly valued - Fast paced environment

Cons

- High amount of remote work may not be a fit for everyone - High levels of accountability may make non-achievers uncomfortable

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company for remote work

Dec 10, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Open culture and environment - very transparent. - Highly talented co-workers, so it's a very challenging environment with lots of continuous learning. - Management and strategies are shared with everyone, and they make a lot of sense, so we are always focused on achieving the important goals. - Values in the company are constantly checked, so they are not only on paper. - Giving feedback is always appreciated - and encouraged, even if it may be confrontative. - Everyone in here is very nice and helpful, no bad vibes within the company.

Cons

- Not for people that aren't focused in getting things done on a day by day basis. - Not for people that aren't comfortable working almost 100% remotely. - If Internet connection fails, almost everything screws up.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews