Found 16 of over 16 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You work from home, which is great if you can handle that kind of lifestyle" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Mar 31, 2022MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The worklife balance and colleagues at Rise Vision are some of the best I've ever experience in my career
Busy busy onboarding which can create stress
- 3.0Sept 29, 2023Account ExecutiveFormer Employee, less than 1 yearToronto, ON
Great Product. Easy to sell. Even better customers . All inbound leads which is not a norm for most companies.
Passive aggressive Management. Sales manager was not a part of training. He never actually discussed any issues, just pretended everything was fine until it wasn't. Might have been great at sales, but not a great leader. President preaches transparency, but does not lead by example and the Information Security and Privacy Manager is the biggest bully I have ever had the displeasure of working with.2
- 4.0Aug 15, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Company supports your growth by paying for courses, books, etc.. - Nice to have the option to work from anywhere - Open to feedback from employees on almost everything
- Sometimes because of the openness to feedback it can feel slow to get things done so you need to be on top of managing the feedback cycle to make sure it's fast - It can be a little lonely working from home and not seeing coworkers that often
- 5.0Aug 11, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
-Incredibly Flexible -Ability to work remote -Opportunities to succeed and grow within the company -Upper management values the opinions and feedback from every employee in the company -Transparent communication
-Sometimes it feels like you are never truly "offline" -Occasionally there are days filled with meetings and it's difficult to complete your daily tasks between 9 to 52
- 5.0Aug 14, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- we get things done - no office politics - work from home + very flexible - smart team members
Sometimes it's difficult to make the distinction between work/home life since we work from home.
- 5.0Aug 22, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Work Remotely - Fun and Respectful Team - Autonomy - The ability to move around between roles
- Team only gets together in person once or twice a year
- 5.0Sept 10, 2020ControllerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsToronto, ON
1. 100% work from home 2. Good compensation, benefits and performance based bonuses
1. Not much growth in last 15 years
- 2.0Mar 4, 2020Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
You work from home, which is great if you can handle that kind of lifestyle--in theory most people think this sounds ideal, but you usually end up working longer.
Goals were never hit. It's a small company with little room for advances / promotions. The CEO micromanaged. I'm pretty sure some people were phoning it in and not putting in a full days work. Lots and lots of developers and support staff with hardly anyone working sales / marketing. I think there were 2 people in sales and 6 people in support and 3 people in accounting. Bravo to them for devoting so many people to support, but they really should have had a bigger sales team. There were not many women at the company; I don't know how many are there now, but there were only 2 or 3 when I was there. Morale always seemed really low--it was the most depressing HipChat I have ever seen. Most remote companies find ways to make staff feel connected even when they aren't in a physical office--trivia in the work chat rooms with giveaways--little things to remind you that you work with human beings. Senior management seemed to know there were a lot of problems, so one can only hope they've fixed it.6
- 5.0Dec 10, 2018Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
- Open culture and environment - very transparent. - Highly talented co-workers, so it's a very challenging environment with lots of continuous learning. - Management and strategies are shared with everyone, and they make a lot of sense, so we are always focused on achieving the important goals. - Values in the company are constantly checked, so they are not only on paper. - Giving feedback is always appreciated - and encouraged, even if it may be confrontative. - Everyone in here is very nice and helpful, no bad vibes within the company.
- Not for people that aren't focused in getting things done on a day by day basis. - Not for people that aren't comfortable working almost 100% remotely. - If Internet connection fails, almost everything screws up.
Rise Vision Reviews FAQs
Rise Vision has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 16 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Rise Vision to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
80% of Rise Vision employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rise Vision 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.